Your pet hates on the road

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your pet hates on the road
When you're sitting at 65mph on an A road with the flow of traffic, then some TWAT of a sales rep with his sunglasses on in his brand new white 3 series company car comes weaving in and out overtaking everyone. Gets me more than anything else on the road. Grrr.
Thanks given by:
(18-10-2013, 08:20 AM)THE_Liam Wrote:
(17-10-2013, 10:03 PM)Just Sean Wrote: people who over take in the 3rd lane 5mph faster than the guy in the 2nd lane.

What's wrong with that? A problem is people sitting in the outside lane going the same speed as someone in the middle lane...

If your overtaking in the fast lane then put your foot down. stop holding the faster cars (who are doing 75-80(77)) up!
Thanks given by:
Another one - it's not an on road thing but...

"Why've you got your lights on, it's daytime"

OH MY f*cking GOD GET OFF THE ROAD.

It's been the law in most other EU countries since about 1995 - it's just our retarded country that can't see past the end of their nose...

Now what really winds me up - so that it's NOT your headlights on, you simply have Daytime Running Lights -- a bunch of chavvy LEDs strapped to the front of your car that piss off everyone and give people headaches since they use PWM on LED lights. Why not just have your f*cking headlights on instead of making yourself look like a twat.

That's the biggest saviour in the Volvo - leave the light switch to on, turn on the ignition - lights come on... Problem solved!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I know where you all coming from with these and I agree. But im just to laid back to really let them bother me. :-)

Plus the 306 is the worst car to get pissed of in. Someone cuts you up you wanna slam your hand on your angry horn on steering wheel. The 306 horn just isn't any enough is that perfetic you just laugh.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
People that do 30mph while I'm trying to keep a constant 43mph in my rep-mobile.

And people that drive f*cking smelly diesels or mopeds, even worse if they're on veg!

Tongue
Thanks given by:
I'm not miserable enough as you lot to have any "pet hates" over insignificant little things. You guys are taking years off your lives by worrying so much.

(18-10-2013, 10:07 AM)kentiiboii Wrote: I know where you all coming from with these and I agree. But im just to laid back to really let them bother me. :-)

Plus the 306 is the worst car to get pissed of in. Someone cuts you up you wanna slam your hand on your angry horn on steering wheel. The 306 horn just isn't any enough is that perfetic you just laugh.

Are you sure you have both horns connected? It does indeed sound pathetic if you only have one connected, if they are both connected (hi and lo tone) it just sounds like any other car horn.
Thanks given by:
People who park like lady gardens outside my house in a ka or some shit wagon across 2 spaces...

(18-10-2013, 10:45 AM)306Puggy Wrote: I'm not miserable enough as you lot to have any "pet hates" over insignificant little things. You guys are taking years off your lives by worrying so much

Who said we are worrying? Are you just a plain old troll or do you have the social skills of a snail? You never post anything positive or useful why do you even bother? Is your life that shit
00' 106 Indy - Moonstone - Sold
97' 106 XT 1.6 - Mayerling Green - Swapped
95' 306 P1 DT - Onyx - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Silver - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Onyx - SORN awaiting scrap
Thanks given by:
I have one and only one pet hate on the roads.....

.........the fact that other people use them
Thanks given by:
(18-10-2013, 10:45 AM)306Puggy Wrote: I'm not miserable enough as you lot to have any "pet hates" over insignificant little things. You guys are taking years off your lives by worrying so much.

(18-10-2013, 10:07 AM)kentiiboii Wrote: I know where you all coming from with these and I agree. But im just to laid back to really let them bother me. :-)

Are you sure you have both horns connected? It does indeed sound pathetic if you only have one connected, if they are both connected (hi and lo tone) it just sounds like any other car horn.

Its not a case of how it sounds.

Most horns are on steering wheel so you can hit it with a bit of angry force.

The 306 horn is on indicator, you cant hit it angrily it just isnt the same.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
People that sit right on my bumper. Got a new game for them, just slow down. I mean right down like 10-15 mph and watch them start shouting.

stupid chavs in there bastard shit boxes with crappy shittin exhausts just pointlessly revving there engines at stupid times in the morning.

arseholes who try to push there way in front of me at junctions. No in not gunna let you in front cuz your a absolute nob.

old people.

young people.

people on peds.

people walking out in the road without looking, new game for everyone, dip the clutch and rev the engine and watch them panic.

having the high beam on for no reason, you blind me i will blind you.

fog lights at anytime when its not foggy.

people who cant figure out indicators.

stupidly heavy brakeing for no reason.

basically i hate everyone and don't care.
when in doubt...... flat out.
Thanks given by:
Other people. Particularly ones like these:

(17-10-2013, 08:47 PM)Connor Wrote: Twats in the middle lane who dont like people driving in the correct lane and follow you down the motorway and try starting a fight at the first opportunity... I have a special way of dealing with these people

lol

(18-10-2013, 10:45 AM)306Puggy Wrote: I'm not miserable enough as you lot to have any "pet hates" over insignificant little things. You guys are taking years off your lives by worrying so much.

This from mr "the rest of the world is my problem"..? Iiirronnyyyyy!!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I have no clue what you are referring to, little man.
Thanks given by:
(18-10-2013, 01:07 PM)306Puggy Wrote: I have no clue what you are referring to, little man.

Clearly never met Alex, he's no little man.
Inb4giggity
Thanks given by:
(18-10-2013, 08:59 AM)Just Sean Wrote:
(18-10-2013, 08:20 AM)THE_Liam Wrote:
(17-10-2013, 10:03 PM)Just Sean Wrote: people who over take in the 3rd lane 5mph faster than the guy in the 2nd lane.

What's wrong with that? A problem is people sitting in the outside lane going the same speed as someone in the middle lane...

If your overtaking in the fast lane then put your foot down. stop holding the faster cars (who are doing 75-80(77)) up!

I'm not worried about holding up people who are speeding, if I'm doing 70 in the middle lane and come up behind someone doing 60 I'll overtake at 70, I'm not gonna do 90 so I don't hold up the impatient tosser in the Audi...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Not really a hate as they're just doing their job and I appreciate them for it, but the amount of mud on the roads around here from tractors hauling potatoes out of the fields at the moment is dangerous. The 3 miles of country lane to my house is a 15mph crawl at the moment to try stop the car sliding off the road :-\
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Lol i'm sure you don't mush, ignorance is bliss eh. Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(18-10-2013, 01:34 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: Not really a hate as they're just doing their job and I appreciate them for it, but the amount of mud on the roads around here from tractors hauling potatoes out of the fields at the moment is dangerous. The 3 miles of country lane to my house is a 15mph crawl at the moment to try stop the car sliding off the road :-\

Learn some rally driving.
[Image: MIRKxNP.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'd rather not go through another hedge. Been there, done that. Didn't like it.

/selftroll
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
skip lorrys that hurtle past on A roads and dual carriageways with uncovered skips on the back with debris flying off, always puts a crack in the windscreen, lazy barsturds
Thanks given by:
Isn't that illegal?
Thanks given by:
Yes it is thay are supposed to be covers over a loaded skip.if not and something flys off and hits your car you can claim and thay have to pay, and thay get a mahoosive fine as well.

worth knowing tbh
when in doubt...... flat out.
Thanks given by:
The woman in front of me on the way to work. I don't like to hate on people who've just passed their test, the roads a scary place. But braking hard down to 15 in a 40 for some GREEN traffic lights, and going in the left lane at the roundabout that only has a left or right exit and you guessed, she went right. How did she ever pass. I'm glad she had P plates to explain the awful driving.
Thanks given by:
People to your right who turn left at roundabouts without indicating. Raaaaage.
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
(18-10-2013, 01:28 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: I'm not worried about holding up people who are speeding, if I'm doing 70 in the middle lane and come up behind someone doing 60 I'll overtake at 70, I'm not gonna do 90 so I don't hold up the impatient tosser in the Audi...

Agreed, it's the bellends that then don't pull back in again that really f*ck me off. They receive ALL of the horn.

Poor lane etiquette on motorways is my thing. As anyone who's been in the car with me on a long motorway journey will testify. I'll tolerate it for a bit, then some "holier-than-thou" middle lane hogging, 56.3MPH driving, skoda yeti driver will get all my pent up rage spent on them lol
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
People using the lanes wrong on the motorway pisses me off!! As well as general courtesy!! Other than that most are just a spec in my mirrors lol
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(17-10-2013, 09:22 PM)Ruan Wrote: They probably don't even realise they're doing it, but it's ESPECIALLY noticable once you have cruise control, since you don't just auto adjust for them being bellsplats.

I love cruise control and people who cant seem to keep a constant speed annoy me so much! Its not little bits either, sometimes its 40 to 60 then back to 40!

(17-10-2013, 09:25 PM)Ruan Wrote: Strange actually, people drive SO much different around you depending on the car you drive, I'm sure it's subconcious, but since starting to drive the Volvo, I've noticed that EVERYONE EXCLUSIVELY drives like a lady garden around you - I seemed to never have this problem in the 306... And when I go back to it, I don't ever seem to get the issue - I'd dread to think what it's like in a a BMW or Merc.

People tend to give way more when i'm driving my Saab, even Katie noticed it compared to a 306, perhaps cos its bigger...
Thanks given by:
I get given a wide berth in the 406, I think the straw hat on the parcel shelf helps Big Grin
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Another +1 for bellends who can't keep to a constant speed on a clear straight dry road.. there's no excuses.. insanely irritating with cruise on

lorries that over take on a 3 lane stretch when one is doing 55 and the other is doing 56.. urgh rage!!

people that do 35-40 getting onto the motorway
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
People that dont know the width of their car.

Stop to let someone through a gap and they stop midway through going through because they have no idea how to fit their car through the truly gigantic space I've left them

To make things worse, these are generally the people who start blaring the horn, and pulling a series of facial expressions and occasionally hand gestures

Need f*cking shooting
Thanks given by:
(18-10-2013, 01:28 PM)THE_Liam Wrote:
(18-10-2013, 08:59 AM)Just Sean Wrote:
(18-10-2013, 08:20 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: What's wrong with that? A problem is people sitting in the outside lane going the same speed as someone in the middle lane...

I'm not worried about holding up people who are speeding, if I'm doing 70 in the middle lane and come up behind someone doing 60 I'll overtake at 70, I'm not gonna do 90 so I don't hold up the impatient tosser in the Audi...

^^^ this!!! Always do it in the work van Tongue especially when a hgv is trying to overtake another one but they're going at the same f*cking speed!!!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=9919]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who else hates these guys? Razorback_Rob 14 2,916 09-12-2014, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Pete
  Who here likes coal.. who here hates MX5? :D toseland 10 1,885 09-09-2014, 02:51 PM
Last Post: JamesPT