306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Your pet hates on the road - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Couch (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Your pet hates on the road (/showthread.php?tid=18130)

Pages: 1 2 3

Your pet hates on the road - adamm306 - 17-10-2013

Was just driving home and this really annoyed me

Long stretch of road 30 limit cruising along nicely till you come up against someone going 27-28mph having to drop into 4th as my xud hates going under 30 in 5th labours like hell.

Oh and old drivers. They make some dangerous decisions / maneuvers

RE: Your pet hates on the road - Dicky - 17-10-2013

People in general.

RE: Your pet hates on the road - Seb_Ryan - 17-10-2013

Seen a bad crash yesterday with some old biddy doing 30mph pulling onto motorway, straight into middle lane.

Your pet hates on the road - Jonny b - 17-10-2013

What so your in 5th at 30 mph?

@op by the way

RE: Your pet hates on the road - adamm306 - 17-10-2013

(17-10-2013, 08:40 PM)Jonny b Wrote: What so your in 5th at 30 mph?

@op by the way

Yeah then you catch someone up doing 27-28 and you have to let off the accelerator then soon as it goes below 30 it labours then you have to change down lol really annoys me

Your pet hates on the road - Jonny b - 17-10-2013

Surely your labouring ιt at 30 in 5th anyways

RE: Your pet hates on the road - Piggy - 17-10-2013

the 43mph club. 43mph no matter what road they are on.

People stopping at roundabouts to look....as in viewing them as stop junctions.

People giving way once on roundabout.

People forgetting they have big yellow flashy things to let others know what they intend to do.

People slowing on a slip road onto the motorway.

People braking on the motorway.

People lane hopping in traffic on motorway.

Rubber necking. (caused 5mile tail back on M5 north on fri eve...the accident south bound caused a 1/2mile tailback!)

People overtaking you in a 30 coz they dont like doing 30 then only doing 45/50 when in national speed limit zone

X5,X3, Bmw and Porsche drivers in general.

RE: Your pet hates on the road - Connor - 17-10-2013

Twats in the middle lane who dont like people driving in the correct lane and follow you down the motorway and try starting a fight at the first opportunity... I have a special way of dealing with these people

(and yeah 5th at 30 isnt good for economy for a xud)

RE: Your pet hates on the road - 306carter - 17-10-2013

People that driving in the middle lane for no f*cking reason!

Ignorant cocks at junctions.

People that drive at 47mph on a nation speed limit single carriage way.

People that brake on the motorway for no reason.

It's more like 32-33 till the engine doesn't feel like it's going to explode lmao another one of mine is people who pulled out from a t junction at the last second when there is no one behind you to end up indicating to go at the next turn

Also people who you give way to and don't say thanks!

try 4th. even 3rd.

you maybe surprised how much better it is.
3rd at 30 steady is still off boost and tiny amount of fuel but engine isnt labouring and when you do need to drop to 25 or accelerate you dont need to change gear which uses fuel

RE: Your pet hates on the road - Chris_90 - 17-10-2013

People who drive with the fog lights on when it's not even F**KING!!!! Foggy

People that brake then indicate before a junction instead of indicating then breaking!

People who don't use there indicators what so ever!

People with hids on old cars blinding the f**k out of me!

Probably loads more lol but carnt think of them at min

RE: Your pet hates on the road - pug_dturb - 17-10-2013

Fog lights on when its not foggy.
Not using indicators, also braking to a near stop then indicating at the last minute.
Tail gaters
Twats in corsa c with ridiculous backboxes
Sat at lights texting lights change, they sit there until the last minute then give it a boot full.
Not using the thankyou wave/flash of lights when someone lets you through (taxi drivers mainly)

(17-10-2013, 08:54 PM)Piggy Wrote: try 4th. even 3rd.

you maybe surprised how much better it is.
3rd at 30 steady is still off boost and tiny amount of fuel but engine isnt labouring and when you do need to drop to 25 or accelerate you dont need to change gear which uses fuel

Sound man, I like 30 in 4th but always assumed 5th would be better on fuel.

People who assume you're a lady garden because you drive a "boy racer" car

RE: Your pet hates on the road - Ruan - 17-10-2013

People on the f*cking motorway that just don't like you being in front... Then slow down infront of you, so you have to re-overtake them, then they speed up to stop you getting past, then you pull back in, then slow down again.

JUST f*ck OFF.

They probably don't even realise they're doing it, but it's ESPECIALLY noticable once you have cruise control, since you don't just auto adjust for them being bellsplats.

RE: Your pet hates on the road - pugvivant - 17-10-2013

Women doing make up whilst driving to work in the morning.

RE: Your pet hates on the road - Ruan - 17-10-2013

Strange actually, people drive SO much different around you depending on the car you drive, I'm sure it's subconcious, but since starting to drive the Volvo, I've noticed that EVERYONE EXCLUSIVELY drives like a lady garden around you - I seemed to never have this problem in the 306... And when I go back to it, I don't ever seem to get the issue - I'd dread to think what it's like in a a BMW or Merc.

RE: Your pet hates on the road - MrsMidnight - 17-10-2013

Pretty much what everyone has already said... And stupid old women who don't give way to their right on a roundabout and pull out in front of you and shout at you saying it's her right of way... Whore.

(17-10-2013, 09:25 PM)Ruan Wrote: Strange actually, people drive SO much different around you depending on the car you drive, I'm sure it's subconcious, but since starting to drive the Volvo, I've noticed that EVERYONE EXCLUSIVELY drives like a lady garden around you - I seemed to never have this problem in the 306... And when I go back to it, I don't ever seem to get the issue - I'd dread to think what it's like in a a BMW or Merc.

I found no one sees me in the 306..yet in dannys bimmer they all move out the way...

Coppers with their sirens on for no reason

(17-10-2013, 09:28 PM)pugvivant Wrote: Coppers with their sirens on for no reason

nah mate...you're meant to pull over Tongue

RE: Your pet hates on the road - Lolben91 - 17-10-2013

Pedestrians who cross at a junction and dont look down all roads before crossing, like this old lady did whilst pushing her pram as i turned into the junction...
People who dont turn their main beams off at night/turn them back on BEFORE they are past you
Badly installed HIDs/badly adjusted headlights (like when the passenger side lights up your face)
People who get into the wrong lane then force their way over
People who turn and indicate at the same time, why bother indicating, had too many near misses this way...
People who wait till two lanes are one before they decide they want to get in front of you, almost running you into the curb and using half the other side of the road, and then braking hard because theyre on the arse of the car in front (wanted to kill that bloody woman)
People who park basically IN the road
When the exit to the roundabout is blocked, not leaving a space for the others trying to get onto the roundabout
Tractors, caravans, van drivers
People who dont indicate
Cyclists who use both the road and the pavement, and cyclists who dont understand how the road works (how roundabouts and traffic lights work for example)
People who try to get you to race them, sitting on your arse in 3rd with a loud exhaust on a Rover 25, grow up kid
People who are blatantly lost (hang around the NEC between 4-5) doing laps between roundabouts on the outside without indicating...

Lots of things bother me, but iv such a long fuse on my temper

I did drive in 5th on my dt at 30, does feel and sound like its labouring, 4th is only a few RPMs higher and feels much smoother at 30

Barry boys thinking they are hard and giving it the Johnny large when they got a bit of muff in the passenger seat.

RE: Your pet hates on the road - Jimbo - 17-10-2013

People who dont know where there going
Indicating for every junction then deciding it's the wrong one AGAIN
GET OFF MY LANND GRRR

RE: Your pet hates on the road - Just Sean - 17-10-2013

People who, instead of letting of the throttle a bit, slam on their brakes and then speed up again. a little lift saves a lot of fuel!

Ruan, with regards to car you drive. being a passenger in my friends smart fortwo everyone tries to bully her of the road. Its quite scary tbh.

women who cant park/roundabout/drive

people who sit in the middle lane for hours at 60

people who over take in the 3rd lane 5mph faster than the guy in the 2nd lane.

ignorant people

posh people who don't let you out a drive/junction

people who can see you indicating to turn right at a junction and are going left but don't indicate

people who don't say thanks for 'Christian motoring'

people with that stupid evolution god squad sticker on the back of the car. f*ck off.

people who drive around with headphones in

pot holes

massive unnecessary speed humps

shit road works that happen on the busiest roads in the middle of the f*cking summer. like seriously...wtaf??

people who are lost. get a f*cking satnav

old people who drive 15mph everywhere

people who drive at 50 in a national speed limit road and then flash when you make a perfectly executed over take. f*ck off.

people who flash you because you headlights are bright. even though they are properly adjusted. have a faceful of high beam and fogs you f*ckers.

people who get impatient in traffic and beep their horns? Well done. thanks for your input.

people who beep at learner drivers. I forgot you won your licence in a cereal box

and breathe

RE: Your pet hates on the road - Niall - 17-10-2013

People in outer lanes to me that speed up when i indicate to pull out in front of them (with plenty gap and not making them speed up i will add). Why!? Thats just being a prick!

RE: Your pet hates on the road - Tom - 17-10-2013

Dickheads in mainly german cars that drive like pricks on the dual carriageway.

People that get annoyed when i overtake in a perfectly safe place.

People that assume im a chav/boy racer/barry boy because my car makes noise and doesnt look shit boring.

Oh and lady gardens with bulbs out. Has that been mentioned yet? f*cking hate that one!

RE: Your pet hates on the road - amiek - 17-10-2013

People who think the national speed limit is 40. The worst.

"Lads" on mopeds.

People who don't put their lights on when it's getting dark, or its completely dark, uh how can you see your speedo?!

People.

RE: Your pet hates on the road - 306Dan - 17-10-2013

Idiots that think because they can see, they don't turn their lights on.

Chav's/idiots that see a modified or fast car and want to race you everywhere and sit on your bumper if you don't race them.

The 43mph club that travel at that everywhere inc villages.

People who speed through villages ( especially mine )

Ignorant gits who don't say thanks for letting them in/out

People who can't be bothered to indicate

And there's many more but it seems everyone has them covered

RE: Your pet hates on the road - THE_Liam - 18-10-2013

(17-10-2013, 09:22 PM)Ruan Wrote: People on the f*cking motorway that just don't like you being in front... Then slow down infront of you, so you have to re-overtake them, then they speed up to stop you getting past, then you pull back in, then slow down again.

JUST f*ck OFF.

They probably don't even realise they're doing it, but it's ESPECIALLY noticable once you have cruise control, since you don't just auto adjust for them being bellsplats.

THIS!

(17-10-2013, 10:03 PM)Just Sean Wrote: people who over take in the 3rd lane 5mph faster than the guy in the 2nd lane.

What's wrong with that? A problem is people sitting in the outside lane going the same speed as someone in the middle lane...

I'd also like to add, buses. PUTTING YOUR INDICATOR ON DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN PULL OUT HALF A SECOND LATER WHETHER IT'S CLEAR OR NOT!!!