Phase 2 to 3 wings

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phase 2 to 3 wings
hello! Trying to do a full phase 3 conversion on secs car. Swapping doors is a few bolts etc but how do the wings differ? I know they have different rub strips but can you just take them off and put p3 strips on or do you have to replace the entire wing to make it look right? :cry:

I'm thinking that the indent part of the wing that the rub strip clips into is bigger on a p2 than 3?
Thanks given by:
Only difference between the phases is the location of the mounting holes for the rub strips. I just glued mine on lmao
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah no difference really :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Why are you swapping doors? The only difference on the wings, are ph3 have 4 holes and ph2 only have 2
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
the doors from my w.4 are going on secs car... Just because... Firstly it'll be the complete p3 conversion... But also his doors have dents and they have chronic creaking etc when you open them. Its just easier to quickly swap them than to try and fix them etc.
Thanks given by:
Well fair enough if they have dents, but the doors are the same ph1->ph2->ph3 except the ph1 have different mounts for the door cards
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
as said no difference in the wings bar rub strip location, not worth changing, glue the whie rub strip clip onto the back of the rub strip in the correct location, let the glue dry and pop them on , Jobs a goodun

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
i thought the ph3 wings stick out abit more thatn ph2
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
karl1989 Wrote:i thought the ph3 wings stick out abit more thatn ph2

Nope, they are exactly the same Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Nope theyre all exactly the same basic shape, except ph2/3 have a little bump on the inside for the bonnet raisers and ph3 have 4 holes so you can have either rub strip in the proper position
Thanks given by:
honestly, if you guys could see the condition of my doors you would want to swap them.

I think my car has been involved in an accident or a few purely because my front bumper was 90% filler and fiberglass.

We literally pulled at it and the whole bumper tore into like 4 pieces.

Also, my drivers door has a serious dent into it and has been painted with something like 10 shades brighter. Mr passenger door the door loom is f*cked. My two rear doors both creak and crack and one of them has like a completely different shade of red on it
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
im confused - why would you want to do a full phase 3 conversion :| ?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
looks a lot nicer and the paintwork on sams 1.4 is wayyyy better!

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
declantg Wrote:looks a lot nicer and the paintwork on sams 1.4 is wayyyy better!

so he's going to have 'mint' doors, wings, boot, bumper and an odd coloured roof... :think: :clap:
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:
declantg Wrote:looks a lot nicer and the paintwork on sams 1.4 is wayyyy better!

so he's going to have 'mint' doors, wings, boot, bumper and an odd coloured roof... :think: :clap:

The paintwork is identical Smile

we swapped the front bumpers over and their identical

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
so how is the paintwork "better" if you can't visually tell the difference?
Thanks given by:
Basically, mine has loads of scratches, scuffs, dents etc etc. The 1.4 doesnt Smile

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
declantg Wrote:Basically, mine has loads of scratches, scuffs, dents etc etc. The 1.4 doesnt Smile

i thought this conversion was for rowells car... now i am confused... Doh
Thanks given by:
noo Smile Were swapping all of my doors, for his 1.4 doors so mine will have a ph3 conversion from ph2

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
declantg Wrote:noo Smile Were swapping all of my doors, for his 1.4 doors so mine will have a ph3 conversion from ph2

ohhhhhhhhhhhh i misread his first post by reading "secs" as a "seconds" rather than i what i guess should be "Decs" :roll:
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are wings interchangeable? Moh 4 1,260 31-01-2014, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Daniel306
  205 Wings. Standard --> Gti Daniel306 0 995 06-01-2014, 05:09 PM
Last Post: Daniel306
  Fibreglass bonnet, boot, wings etc Piggy 12 3,455 26-03-2013, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Piggy