looked 205 at it pics here, opinions?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
looked 205 at it pics here, opinions?
I can see here that no matter what anyone says, you'll still buy it!
Thanks given by:
(18-10-2013, 08:21 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: I can see here that no matter what anyone says, you'll still buy it!

i take on bored what every one is saying, im focusing on sorting the 106 for mot at min, so ive left the guy with my offer of £200 and see what happens as much as i do want it i gotta be realistic to. if it sells im sure there will be another one some time future Smile

Thanks given by:
(17-10-2013, 02:39 PM)aggyj17 Wrote: Its not that bad. Why does everyone think just because theres a bit of rust its scrap if everyone had that attitude there wouldnt be any classics on the road.
Yea its not worth 400 but its not scrap

Scrap value is all it's worth, but I'm not saying it can't be saved with enough work.
but anyone who's bought a car with that much visible rust will tell you that there is much more to come.

(17-10-2013, 03:15 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: someone once told me that rusty cars are like icebergs, you only see the tip of the iceberg till you start looking deeper when your fixing it then you'll find its 5-10 times the amount of rust you thought there was. This was true with my 106.

(17-10-2013, 03:39 PM)silverzx Wrote: £200 is a FAIR offer IMO considering its been stood three years...

Pretty much all the suspension/brakes is going to need at least looking at and the rust, well thats another matter altogether!

(17-10-2013, 03:49 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Take this for example, bro in law bought it for £500 with no MOT.. 2 holes in the sills.

We stripped it, it HAD to be scrapped, was too far gone.

No-one is saying defiantly don't do it, just don't pay a penny over the original offer.
Thanks given by:
(18-10-2013, 07:47 AM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(17-10-2013, 11:06 PM)Jenkosowls Wrote: Chris don't buy it. The 6' was relatively an easy job and you soon gave up on that. We're just not talking about welds here it's been stood 3 years you can some rack the bill up replacing suspension brakes tyres etc etc.

If your really really thinking of buying it I don't mind coming along and having a look and show you what could need doing. seen a few 205's with mots that are rotten to hell!

I may take you up on that offer, i do no what your saying about the 6 but i just had no love for it several reasons i wouldn't be able to use it once it was done would use to much fuel and insurance be to much. So thats the reason i gave up with that, but with the 205 i can get insured (pretty cheap only £8 a month more than 106!) thats cheaper than what a 306 would cost me on insurance. Plus i would have the satisfaction of restoring a 205. Yer i think its not gonna be easy but got it all planed in my head.

Wanna completely strip it and weld every last bit of rust up and then under seal it all so its protected for time to come, if im doing the welding my self its not gonna cost massive amounts can use my dads welder just but the gas and wire and steel probably be £100-150 max depending how much more rust i find. Then yer all bushes etc are gonna want changing. I think it would be a labour of love more than thinking about money tbh.

BUT! as all you guys no me chances are i will buy it get fed up with it and end up selling/brakeing it lmao just think theres less chance of that happening if i no i can use the car once its fixed up.

(17-10-2013, 10:40 PM)procta Wrote: tbh chris, my rover metros arse end and rear inner arch was worse, than that. we managed to patch the boot floor and weld in a second hand inner arch. tbh i think mine would have been scrapped if it wasnt for what the model of metro it was.
you could get boot floor sections from a scrapper and weld them into place. or use the car as a donor and buy a better 205 and reshell it. at least you have the full lot and make one decent one out of the two.

(18-10-2013, 12:05 AM)procta Wrote:
(17-10-2013, 10:47 PM)Stephen Wrote: You have a metro? You didnt mention it

yeah its red, and its rotten.

lmao

Yer if people dont save these old cars that are rotten there's gonna be no classics as they will all have rotted away.

more like most have been scrapped due to the stupid scrappage scheme!
my car, is getting rarer now. as these are or were the most scrapped rover at the time. as you say best to start saving a few old cars before they are gone.
you cannot really pick up a metro now for what I payed 5 years ago.
try 200 quid onwards! a rolling Turbo shell went for 300 quid! so this will show you whats going to happen to the 205s, if its not already happening.
Thanks given by:
People will give you 200 quid to take their old metro now???

Damn I better keep my eyes out for some on sale Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I wouldnt even begin to entertain the idea of taking that on not even for free, id rather spend £500 on one, if wait you will pick up a goodun for that,

This will prob cost more than £500 to get up to the standard of a goodun, plus the hours upon hours of time you will have to invest in it, classic or not its just not worth it

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by: