Ebay - item not as described

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebay - item not as described
So i bought a laptop on ebay (sony vaio 3D) the laptop is supposed to be a premium black, the one i that got delivered after more that 30 days of waiting is a standard matt black with a 3d screen retro fitted (screws missing on the bottom and the hinges are rough to move)

So i have opened a case on ebay and he is asking for my mobile number, i dont want to give it out as id like all communication to be done via ebay where it is recorded, do i need to give my number out?

And guess what, after all this THE F*CKING THING WONT EVEN TURN ON!! its faulty too
Thanks given by:
no you don't have to give your mobile number out.. however I have found that other people can request your details from ebay when a case is open. had someone ringing me once when a case was open.
00' 106 Indy - Moonstone - Sold
97' 106 XT 1.6 - Mayerling Green - Swapped
95' 306 P1 DT - Onyx - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Silver - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Onyx - SORN awaiting scrap
Thanks given by:
yeh its f*cked mate. open an ebay case. I wouldnt talk to him on the phone. if anything gets said and its not recorded it may damage your case!
Thanks given by:
Talk to him on the phone, but just make sure its recorded?
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If it won't even turn on, what is the point in talking.

This is exactly what payment protection is for, scamming scumbags trying to rip people off.
Thanks given by:
My advice, go f*cking nuts!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I believe you have to list your number when you go through the system, but you can chose whether you want the seller to have it or not. Either way, get the ball rolling and if you do get a phone call, say you will only communicate through eBay.
Thanks given by:
My house number is listed on ebay, he says he has tryed phoning it many times. no one here has heard it ring and i also have bt answerphone thing.

I really do think he is at it, id be happy with my money back and him to take this pile of crap away
Thanks given by:
Just deal through ebay, or escalate the case after a while. Since the case has been opened on him his money has been removed from his paypal so no wonder he's wanting to phone and no doubt get you to turn it off or resolve "outside".
Had this with a camera that arrived for Ladysteve, wasn't the same model as advertised was a lesser one. Opened a case, waited and ebay just gave me my money back without having to return the camera. win-win Tongue
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Do everything through eBay as they are the adjudicator of the complaint case, win win for you. Pm the guy and say that you have given your number to eBay but you chose not to provide it to him, which means you can only contact each other through eBay - forces his hand Wink
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Like bollocks do you need to give your phone number out.

Do it through Ebay - that's the WHOLE POINT.

Just stick to the rules, you've done nothing wrong, he'll probably stay silent, in which case they'll refund your money.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Iv got a score of 400+ on ebay and this is the first time iv ever had a problem, so much so that i dont even know what to do.
Thanks given by:
(14-10-2013, 10:15 PM)Daniel306 Wrote: Iv got a score of 400+ on ebay and this is the first time iv ever had a problem, so much so that i dont even know what to do.

Follow eBay rules and you won't go wrong Big Grin
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
But same goes for cocks who buy stuff and f*ck genuine sellers, egay is a breeding ground for inbred idiots who got the same genetics as tadpoles. f*cking shitbay and paypal 2 things i loathe, open the case get his number and get his address and send him a parcel with anthrax in it the dirty scrotum.
Rant over
Thanks given by:
(14-10-2013, 10:28 PM)pugvivant Wrote: But same goes for cocks who buy stuff and f*ck genuine sellers, egay is a breeding ground for inbred idiots who got the same genetics as tadpoles. f*cking shitbay and paypal 2 things i loathe, open the case get his number and get his address and send him a parcel with anthrax in it the dirty scrotum.
Rant over

So you don't like Ebay? lol
Thanks given by:
No i dont find shitbay and their wanker sister company ripoffpal in the slightest bit therapeutic whilst on the tinterweb, last month some dozy trout from south of the river asked 5 questions on an item i had listed on free listing weekend, i answered all her 5 questions. She proceeded to bid and outbid anoyher member to win my item, then it was silent for a week, then i emailed her about collection and payment.
No reply so i said if it isnt done within a week then im opening a case. I left her collection address and mobile number for her to get intouch and specific times id not be available for collection.

Anyway ling story short this trout paid via paypal and waited about two weeks to open a case against me for not recieving her item, which was strictly collection only.
How the f*ck am i gonna post 800 paving blocks through the post.????
Anyway paypal refunded her the money and made me pay the f*cking fees.
Its rob rob situation. Id rather eat 4 inch nails and drink one shot drain cleaner after that.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GTi6 Clutch bargain (Geunine Valeo / PSA item) Dum-Dum 1 815 26-11-2014, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Orta
  Great item description! Ben Jay 15 2,979 29-12-2013, 12:01 PM
Last Post: THE_Liam