Leather cabriolet seats in a 3-door hatch?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leather cabriolet seats in a 3-door hatch?
Does anyone know if the front leather seats from a Ph3 cabriolet will mount directly into the floor pan of a Ph3 3-door hatchback? How about the rear seats?
Thanks given by:
Yes and no
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I got a full interior for sale if you want to try.
Chris
Thanks given by:
rears are a complete no, and the fronts I believe you have to swap the runners for your originals.
[Image: New%20GTi6%20Filmstrip%20sig2_zpsu8ocrldg.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nice one, thanks Smile
Thanks given by:
The seat well on the cabby is much narrower than the 3dr as the sills are huge to compensate for the loss of strength through the roof.
Thanks given by:
The front seats will fit as I have them in my car, door cards too. Rear bench won't though
[Image: attachment.php?aid=9919]
Thanks given by:
So Dazza, do the full leather cab seats fit straight onto the standard three-door floor pan rails?

Or, DumDum, are you saying that they are not the correct width?
Thanks given by:
(13-10-2013, 12:23 AM)Pipps Wrote: So Dazza, do the full leather cab seats fit straight onto the standard three-door floor pan rails?

Or, DumDum, are you saying that they are not the correct width?

I'm not sure mate, I bought it with them in, I could always take a few pics orrrrr beens you live in Birmingham, which is up the road can always meet somewhere?
Thanks given by:
It would be really good to see your car mate. I'll send you a PM.
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2013, 03:42 PM)DazzaHDI Wrote: The front seats will fit as I have them in my car, door cards too. Rear bench won't though

Your defo wrong on the door cards as they have a massive chunk on them to fit the strengthening bar that runs vertically through the door to the roof and is the forward window winder.

The footwells on the cabby ARE narrower probably by an inch, maybe a little more, so i dont see how the subframes fit in a narrower gap
Thanks given by:
(14-10-2013, 06:05 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(12-10-2013, 03:42 PM)DazzaHDI Wrote: The front seats will fit as I have them in my car, door cards too. Rear bench won't though

Your defo wrong on the door cards as they have a massive chunk on them to fit the strengthening bar that runs vertically through the door to the roof and is the forward window winder.

The footwells on the cabby ARE narrower probably by an inch, maybe a little more, so i dont see how the subframes fit in a narrower gap

Want to see pics? I'm not lieing Smile

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5065.html

You can see the full leathers in the front and look at the door card you can see, not very visible but you can make out it's the full leather one to match the seats
Thanks given by:
(14-10-2013, 07:18 PM)DazzaHDI Wrote: Want to see pics? I'm not lieing Smile

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5065.html

You can see the full leathers in the front and look at the door card you can see, not very visible but you can make out it's the full leather one to match the seats

Oh yeah, you can see the holes in the doorcards and the big gap between the seats and the sill.
Are the subframes just sitting on the bolts then? Did you use longer bolts or are the standard ones just in a couple of turns?
Thanks given by:
I never fitted them, bought it that way buttttt when cleaning car and trying to get money back as I always lose it down there! I have noticed that the subframes are just sitting on bolts, why is this?
Thanks given by:
(14-10-2013, 09:02 PM)DazzaHDI Wrote: I never fitted them, bought it that way buttttt when cleaning car and trying to get money back as I always lose it down there! I have noticed that the subframes are just sitting on bolts, why is this?

Because the subframes aren't wide enough to fit properly in the car.

They need to be properly held up against the big mounts that come out of the sill to be properly strong in the event of a crash otherwise you are relying on 2 6.5mm bars not bending to keep the seat in place rather than the 15-20mm ish mounting lugs that they should be pinned against by the bolts
Thanks given by:
The seat runners are just bolted to the bottom of the seat so some 3dr ones swapped over should do the trick?
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'm the previous owner of Dazzahdi's car, I can't really help with how they where fitted as the previous owner fitted them and never removed them to see how they where fitted, I believe ther where spacers between the seats and the mounting points and the door cards are convertible door cards, only thing I could see that was different was the little hole on the top where the little window at the front would normally be
Thanks given by:
(15-10-2013, 07:26 AM)Choppin Wrote: I'm the previous owner of Dazzahdi's car, I can't really help with how they where fitted as the previous owner fitted them and never removed them to see how they where fitted, I believe ther where spacers between the seats and the mounting points and the door cards are convertible door cards, only thing I could see that was different was the little hole on the top where the little window at the front would normally be

Yeah that gap is where that little strengthening pillar goes? And you are right with the spacers but I think they're the bolts dum-dum was on about.
The height of the seat doesn't really bother me tbf as I have longgg legs Tongue I'm forever knocking the boot popper with my knee Tongue

Oh and where's this seat thread choppin? Get it up for everyone to enjoy Smile
Thanks given by:
I think the question everyone wants answered is who owned the car before Chopping and how did they do this cabriolet seat install work?

If someone could find a way of fitting these cabriolet seats into a 3-door while doing it safely then I'm sure everyone would be really grateful.

I'm sick of the alcantara sections of my seat looking all ripped!
Thanks given by:
I am pretty sure he was on club-306 beens there's club-306 stickers everywhere Tongue I have messaged you mate, do you not want to have a butchers?
Thanks given by:
Iv tried a couple of times ova the past week to get one sorted mate but my laptop isn't playing game and my upload speed is honestly shocking at the moment! Really frustrating!!!! so guna have to wait just a little longer for it I'm afraid!! Lol

Unfortunately I have no contact details for the previous owner but Dazza is correct, he "was" on club-306
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Comfiest seats that fit in a 5 door? JTaylor2005 9 1,776 15-02-2016, 10:28 AM
Last Post: welshpug
  Trying to find the leather/Half-leather seats. distinctionx 7 1,889 25-11-2015, 07:04 PM
Last Post: 7057sam
  Gti rear seats to 5 door bench dr_jekyll 6 1,641 03-03-2015, 07:07 PM
Last Post: dr_jekyll