Td04 leaking through hotside of turbo?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Td04 leaking through hotside of turbo?
Hi all, just fitted a td04 as my previous topic said, but ive found a biggish oil leak coming from the clamp which clamps the hotside to the 'middle' part of the turbo.

Ive just swapped the oil return gasket to rule that out, but its still there and i dno where it could be coming from or how to sort it :/

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Mike!

Sorry if pics are messed up, posted this off tapatalk on a windows phone.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
If you've definitely ruled out the oil drain and oil feed, can only be an oil seal inside the turbo itself leaking.

You can double check you oil return is running to the block ok without any kinks or bends which would stop the oil flowing out and be pushed back through the turbo oil seal.

Same goes for oil level in the sump, check it it isn't overfilled.

I'd be tempted to check the oil drain again, just incase, especially if the turbo looked clean when you got it and clocked it.
Thanks given by:
Return line is 100% not kinked as i made a new hose for it as the previous one was too short, oil level is on the top marking slightly under.

Can oil come out the hotside clamp? Me and spike have been speaking alot as that's who i got it off and come to the conclusion that its a mere impossability it can leak from there if the cold side is clean.

Jacking it all back up tomorrow to have another check/play so will double check it all again.
Thanks for the reply!
Thanks given by:
pretty sure this is your piston ring seal on the exhaust side. they are pennies off ebay, but fitting them can be fiddly - cheaper to buy another td04 and fit it into your housing/setup if your not confident changing it.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Td04 air intake size on turbo Paul_13 8 2,376 19-09-2014, 05:15 PM
Last Post: Ruan
Lightbulb TD04 Turbo Info please!! scottbmxer 33 12,360 08-06-2014, 08:08 PM
Last Post: sweeney1987
  TD04 Turbo Manifold scottbmxer 13 4,766 09-07-2013, 06:36 PM
Last Post: bigcheez2k3