• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bigger Turbo
Im after a bigger turbo for my Dturbo

found this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUPER-GT45-T4-...27ad1a16ec

is it decent ?
what gains would i exspect
Thanks given by:
It would be a load if wank on a diesel. It wouldn't spool till 5k and you'd need some epic fuel pump to fuel it.
So, no.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
any ideas on which one i should get ??
Thanks given by:
Well what are you after? Fast spooler? Top end big power? There's loads, you just need to find one which suits your needs. Big isn't always best when it comes to turbos.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
More boost big umph quicker??
Thanks given by:
Flol. Anymore specific?
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
(02-10-2013, 07:59 PM)Anton Wrote: Flol. Anymore specific?

M0ar air and shit too
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
hahaha! mega lols!

did you just type into ebay "huaaage turbo" and pick at random! Rofl
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Thats naughty of the ebay seller to say it fits all 306's. Wouldnt fit any. Not without serious modification anyway.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Slightly laggy but big boost
Td04
T25

Quick spool plenty of midrange power
Gt2052s
Gt2056s

Sure there's loads more to look at but there the tried and tested one's look in the search for turbo upgrade probably be loads of Info there Wink

Thanks given by:
Gt1749/52s would be my choice if I still had a 1.9

cheap and easy to find. cracking turbo for 150-200bhp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
A 17 would not make 200bhp.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
with an 11mm and supporting mods I rekon it would

the 1749 makes 135bhp on other standard diesels with 9mm pumps
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
GT's are the new TD04's. Am I right?
I think people have come to realise (myself included) that going for a big turbo is fun when thrashing it but there's isn't much low down punch and I feel a lot of mechanical sympathy redlining an engine all the time esp when I need to the car to be reliable. Low end torque is what's diesels are about but with the correct turbo and pump you can have that punch all the way to the redline.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
That ebay one is a monster, 4" inlet and outlet. You could comfortably feed a T2 cartridge through that.

Anyway as for turbos you want to find something off another diesel with a same or little bigger engine and about 75% of the power your looking to make standard. Just look through ebay at all the 99p turbos and scoop up the bargains. Look for stuff off big saloons, vans and small trucks. Kia Sedona 2.9 turbos are always cheap and plentiful and should make 200bhp+ with the right fueling and without being too laggy.
Thanks given by:
thats why I said the GT1749s dumdum.

they come mostly on the 2.2 renault derv and 2.0 derv used in mg/rovers. depending on spec they can be on 135bhp spec
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
IMO the 49s are all just a little too small to be comfortable at 200bhp+ for long but each to their own. The closer to a turbos limit you are the less lag your likely to have, it could just end up slightly clipping your peak power.

Realistically its horses for courses, the sensible people here have spent days looking at the properties of various turbos for their on specific applications and needs and end uo with something epic. Too many people blindly copy and end up with something good without realising how to make it brilliant.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bigger turbo suggestions? Something handy found? Logue1996 8 3,508 28-07-2017, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Chris_90
  bigger turbo adapters craig-dodd 16 6,711 04-02-2017, 05:48 AM
Last Post: Dave
  Fitting bigger turbo shortly Owen_G_ 16 4,170 07-03-2015, 11:25 PM
Last Post: Piggy