Racing slicks FTL

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Racing slicks FTL
declantg Wrote:No i changed my tyres over just before pugnets christmas meet. Cant understand why its only this one that has worn?

So all that wear in two months? f*ck me, been driving around the world have you? lol
[Image: c6769879.jpg] TEAM TRACK CAR + An E60 530d M-Sport for the daily
Thanks given by:
Ian Wrote:
declantg Wrote:No i changed my tyres over just before pugnets christmas meet. Cant understand why its only this one that has worn?

So all that wear in two months? f*ck me, been driving around the world have you? lol

Have done just under 10k since september lol
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Id suggest you stop lighting up the inside wheel on junctions from now on
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Mate, is your tracking out by about 12 inches lol?? :o Is it a differet make tyre to the other side? If so its probably shit in the wet and the diff has been sending all the power to it, spinning it all the time lol.
Thanks given by:
Tom, even with all the "power" going to that wheel it wouldnt do that. It aint a Zonda you know.
[Image: c6769879.jpg] TEAM TRACK CAR + An E60 530d M-Sport for the daily
Thanks given by:
Ian Wrote:Tom, even with all the "power" going to that wheel it wouldnt do that. It aint a Zonda you know.

Yeah but spinning it on tarmac all the time would do surely?? I reckon they were part worn rather than new... :point:
Thanks given by:
Anyway.........took a pic of my edgewear.......the frozen weather seems to have put a lot of little cracks in it now too, they weren't there before xmas!! :o Before we get any further, I KNOW it should be changed, and it will but as I'm looking for another car in the next two weeks there may not be much point changing it. So I just wanted to know what would happen if a policeperson saw it lol..... £30 and 3 points? Or a 'get it changed prick' as it's the first time? It doesn't actually look 'too' low now, seeing as it hasn't touched that arrow, maybe I was over thinking it..... :think:

This is a good reason why you should NOT run tyres low on air!

[Image: IMAG0128.jpg]

And just to compare, this is the part worn that I put on the front 3 or 4 months ago.......and I like to spin a lot lol.......

[Image: IMAG0129.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That's fine... you can still tread... it isn't smooth all, should of seen my tyres with sucked p bushes lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:That's fine... you can still tread... it isn't smooth all, should of seen my tyres with sucked p bushes lol

Well I ruined two front (they were low on middle tread too) by smooth edges when my tracking was out by 11mm so I know it can be worse! lmao

So we're saying thats still legal then? Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Yeah... its hardly bald is it...
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:Yeah... its hardly bald is it...

Well that very edge is well under 1.6mm, which is why I was questioning it's legalitly...I know the middle bit is fine. :think:
Thanks given by:
There is about a 5mm strip around the whole of that tyre, that is under 1.6mm but its not bald and you'd be very unlucky to get a telling off let alone points and a fine!
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:There is about a 5mm strip around the whole of that tyre, that is under 1.6mm but its not bald and you'd be very unlucky to get a telling off let alone points and a fine!

Well 10mm as its the same on the inside lol. :roll:

But if thats ok then I'll stop worrying about it then! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Its not even that tom, stop worrying
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:stop worrying

Hmm.... :? Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Well just shut up then lol
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:Well just shut up then lol

Lol...repped.....oh......
Thanks given by:
Enough of the hijacking tom -.-
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:Well just shut up then lol

Connor your going to have to stop saying these things that I agree with you on. People will start getting the wrong idea..... ninja
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:Enough of the hijacking tom -.-

Must....resist....replying.....

Oh Doh
Thanks given by:
... Anyways back on topic, Dec you're a dick! lol
Thanks given by:
Declan, if it's worn that much in six months you've got some serious issues somewhere, i'd get that to a garage as soon as if i was you, at least for them to have a look over it. Was that a front tyre or a rear?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Tom thats absolutely fine mate! I would be worried if the outside was as smooth as declans!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That edge cracking there is UV and heat damage from the tyres being so old - guessing you fitted part worns the first time around?

The rubber compound has hardened, every time they heat cycle those cracks'll get a little bit deeper until the tread starts to flake away in strips or the tyre starts loosing air.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Tbh Jim, the pics are deceiving, even where there little cracks end towards the middle of the tyre isn't quite 1.6mm lol, was surprised when I actually meausured as it looks ok in the pics!

Also, would you be worried about this tyre then lol......this is my set of 15"s that were on the car when the tracking was a little out...forgot about it tbh! lmao

[Image: carboatsmart053.jpg]

[Image: carboatsmart054.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Rippthrough Wrote:That edge cracking there is UV and heat damage from the tyres being so old - guessing you fitted part worns the first time around?

The rubber compound has hardened, every time they heat cycle those cracks'll get a little bit deeper until the tread starts to flake away in strips or the tyre starts loosing air.

That tyre is the one that the wheels came with, I only bought 2 PW's for the front ones. Probably been on there since '04 when the car they came off was made lol......
Thanks given by:
Those other ones are bad!
Thanks given by:
Foxy-jim Wrote:Those other ones are bad!

Yeah lol, that was inside though so didn't notice for ages!!
Thanks given by:
My mates mark 1 fiesta ate the inside of his new tyres in 2 months!
Thanks given by:
Poodle Wrote:Declan, if it's worn that much in six months you've got some serious issues somewhere, i'd get that to a garage as soon as if i was you, at least for them to have a look over it. Was that a front tyre or a rear?

Habe to agree here serious problems by the sound of it
Phase 1 306 Dturbo Sigma Blue a.k.a THE LADY

[Image: redranger.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Club racing categories PugLee 6 1,851 12-05-2017, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  Lawn mower racing ROBCAT 9 2,108 12-04-2016, 09:23 AM
Last Post: maxaret
  Japanese racing wheels Matt 1 1,573 27-02-2016, 04:29 PM
Last Post: Slam Wagon