Spacers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spacers
As you may have seen, I'm thinking about getting shot of my alloys for something new.

The selection of alloys I'm considering all need spacers, varying from 15 to 25mm, depending on which set I get.

2 questions really, should I get bolt-on ones or bolt-through ones and extended bolts (which is cheaper?). Second question, where should I get them from, and how much should I expect to pay.

I've had a quick look on eBay, but it all seems pretty pricey unless they aren't hubcentric ones.

Cheers all
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
I'd only go with hubcentric, bolt to hub then bolt to spacer if your going above 10mm to be honest, but that's just me. There's a seller that do 2 for £49 on eBay, and they are of very good quality Smile
Thanks given by:
Personally Id get bolt on ones, as trying to line up bolt holes is annoying enough without spacers
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So it's looking like it'll cost £100 just for a set of spacers? Well that scuppers my plans somewhat lol.

Wonder how much the material would cost if I were to make them myself...
Thanks given by:
(20-09-2013, 04:39 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote: So it's looking like it'll cost £100 just for a set of spacers? Well that scuppers my plans somewhat lol.

Wonder how much the material would cost if I were to make them myself...

Just remember they are what hold your wheels on.. Big GrinPopcorn
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I can get them done properly, uni has an enormous workshop and have machined plenty of more safety critical components than these Tongue
Thanks given by:
Make them yourself from steel billets, then do a stud conversion?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Ally surely? And yeah, I guess I could bolt them on with my current bolts, and then stud conversion or just get some bolts to suit.

EDIT: Actually, existing bolts wouldn't fit into a counterbore would they, unless the spacers were ridiculously thick. Hmmm.
Thanks given by:
If you're stud converting, just use long enough studs? There's no need to bolt them to the hub...
Thanks given by:
Ahh, fair point, as the stud conversion eliminates the issues with aligning them.

So now the question is where to get a stud conversion and how much is THAT going to cost Tongue
Thanks given by:
Yeah, ally is what mine are. Brain fart earlier TBH lol

Thanks given by:
Light ally becauseracecar. Despite the fact the wheels I'm looking at are only 6" wide....snowracecar?
Thanks given by:
lmao

You'll also need a side window wiper in that case!

Thanks given by:
(20-09-2013, 06:22 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: lmao

You'll also need a side window wiper in that case!

Plus studded tyres and spotlights, entirely necessary for British winters I reckon.
Thanks given by:
A full-on snow monster/4x4 converted, raised, mudded and bull barre'd 306 would look AWESOME IMO Big Grin

Thanks given by:
I just bought 2 hub centric ones On eBay complete with flat head bolts 15 mm each for£48 the pair including delivery and they are top quality.
Thanks given by:
personally id always get hubcentric ones safer i think my mate got some cheep shitty one and it rode like a dog wheels wobbled and kept coming loose :/ do not go demon tweeks either there a rip off
Thanks given by: