V6 conversion help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
V6 conversion help
I've got the engine and all the bits I need for my conversion just abit confused from having head filled with diff story's so wondering can anyone point me wright

If I have to engine wired correctly to my loom and the ecu unlocked and de immobilised will it run independently without the bmi and key or do I need to get an ecu, bmi, and key that match thanks
Thanks given by:
if the ecu is unlocked that means there is no need to have a matching bsi and key as far as i know but im sure someone else will confirm this
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Moved to the correct(ish) section Smile

Danny is correct, if the ecu is unlocked, the car will start Smile
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
depends how the ecu was unlocked

if the ecu was soft unlocked and you plugged it into the loom without cutting the bsi link wires you will probably find the ecu will lock itself again because you have a mismatch in bsi and ecu.

but if it is unlocked at chip source in the Immochip on the ECU it will not lock
Thanks given by:
Phase 1 or 2 V6, if phase 1 then a unlocked ECU is fine nothing else needed, Phase 2 well good luck
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
Cheers this is a great help and it's the phase 1 as I know it's a big job with the phase 2 thanks again
Thanks given by: