What a lady garden.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What a lady garden.
(14-09-2013, 06:25 AM)THE_Liam Wrote:
(14-09-2013, 06:22 AM)kingy Wrote:
(14-09-2013, 06:06 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: Man that's shit, proper liked this car when Joe had it, remember been taken for a blast down the lanes in it when I was half-pissed lol

only half. gtfo

Takes me time to get fully pissed mate, I'm not some southern nancy boy who's pissed off the sniff of a pint lol

Hence downing all those cans of warm export in the northern gazebo. Pre drinking!
just lol. repp for bringing back good memories.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(13-09-2013, 10:20 PM)Niall Wrote: But he would of had to of loosened the exhaust pulley to time it up properly so either hes done a right shit bodge job or hes trying his luck. Get back on that phone!

Kent, head gaskets on these are pretty bullet proof and cambelts very rarely go providing they are fitted correctly and change times are stuck to. Its a very reliable engine really when looked after.

So other than cam belts not bring changed what the weakest part?
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(13-09-2013, 10:20 PM)Niall Wrote: But he would of had to of loosened the exhaust pulley to time it up properly so either hes done a right shit bodge job or hes trying his luck. Get back on that phone!

Kent, head gaskets on these are pretty bullet proof and cambelts very rarely go providing they are fitted correctly and change times are stuck to. Its a very reliable engine really when looked after.

Is that pretty standard when changing the cam belt. I feel like I'm being fobbed off but as I'm not too hot on cam belts, I can't just tell him he's responsible without knowing for sure he's at fault. Any help on this matter would be very much appreciated as this is a right shitter to be in :/
Thanks given by:
Both pulleys really need to be adjusted, They are known to break up (Early and later types) but you cannot really moan at the Garage about this as it's more of a design issue
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
(14-09-2013, 10:31 AM)miles Wrote: Both pulleys really need to be adjusted, They are known to break up (Early and later types) but you cannot really moan at the Garage about this as it's more of a design issue

So both pulleys on the end of the cam need to be adjusted?

So the fact the bolt off the end of the pulley came off, and caused the pulley to wobble and slipped the belt, is the garages fault?
Thanks given by:
You could get them with that seems how the pulleys req adjusting for correct fitment

If you can get an automata print out of how to do the cambelt then if they deny that you don't adjust the pulley for correct fitment you can claim they fitted the belt incorrectly which resulted in the belt failing
Thanks given by:
(14-09-2013, 12:25 PM)306Dan Wrote: You could get them with that seems how the pulleys req adjusting for correct fitment

If you can get an automata print out of how to do the cambelt then if they deny that you don't adjust the pulley for correct fitment you can claim they fitted the belt incorrectly which resulted in the belt failing

Is anyone able to provide that print out for me? I'm affraid I don't have autodata.
Thanks given by:
I'm sure someone on here will have access to autodata over the weekend or an official peugeot repair manual
Thanks given by:
SO have you taken the cambelt cover off and is the exhaust pulley bolt loose? If so, make sure the threads arent damaged and if not, chuck it at him and tell him he needs to learn how to check everything is tight!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Take a pic if you can, there are 2 types of Cam Pulley, one with 3 bolts on which are more prone to snapping as over tightening them causes the metal to crack but dead easy to adjust, the later type with one bolt in the middle are better but can give issues, the bolts should have thread lock on them at the very least.
If you can see Tipex on there its a sign of doom and gloom as the person doing it has little knowledge of cam belts
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
I was thinking about this a lot last night, basically I can't be arsed arguing with a garage, I know what response I'm going to get. It's going off the road for a while and I'll come back to it some point next year with a new engine. Pretty bad timing to take on a project like this as I'll be going back into the Navy soon. I've acquired a BMW 318 ti se compact the other night. It's near enough perfect, comfy, silent and quick, but it's not my 6. I still have a lot of love for that car, and would have it back over this BMW any day.

I'll come back to the 6 next year with tons of enthusiasm, and it WILL be back on the road.

Thanks guys for all your help with this matter, really shows the helpful community spirit of this forum! Smile
Thanks given by: