Joey the VNT boosted 205!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joey the VNT boosted 205!
Try go for a VAG 1.8t cooler fitter that they fit to most of the cars as I reckon they would be ideal.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
I cant find one like you had anywhere! All the vag ones are those tiny shitty little square things :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Size isn't everything Tom haha. I wouldn't worry if I'm honest as 205's have epic air flow at the front. Mine came from a Derv Doctor 306 setup and is made by forge so it's pretty pricey to buy new.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Its pretty crucial though Wink Hmm we'll see how i get on with one on ebay.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Righto, Joey is ready to do hit the roads and hopefully loose traction under immense power! (I can dream ay)

[Image: 20130915_165551_zpsdd6ab440.jpg]

And another next my friends steal of a HDI.

[Image: 20130915_165609_zps589545fa.jpg]

The stop light comes on when the 205 gets upto temp which is worrying, need to look into what triggers that.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Yay!
That stop light may be one if the temp wires in the wrong sensor as Stephens did that.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
good work tom, what brake set up is this running? pretty sure I remember max saying it has all uprated rear beam so I'm assuming discs on rear too?
if it does does it have a compensator at all like the 306s do you know/noticed?[/quote]
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
It's running 266's. 309 rear beam with drums. I had a GTI disk beam on with 243's and it was really tail happy without the compensators but when I put bigger fronts on it was fine.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
awesome to know its got a pumping heart again! you must be happy Smile

when is it back on the road?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
On the road tomorrow i guess, need to put some money in the bank then tax it and insure it.

Thanks Max will swap them over and see what happens!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(15-09-2013, 05:41 PM)Tom Wrote: On the road tomorrow i guess, need to put some money in the bank then tax it and insure it.

you also need to change ya avatar! Wink
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
But i love Sigma Sad
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(15-09-2013, 05:20 PM)strictly_derv Wrote: It's running 266's. 309 rear beam with drums. I had a GTI disk beam on with 243's and it was really tail happy without the compensators but when I put bigger fronts on it was fine.

cool nice one, I've got 243 discs going on the back and 283mm to balance it out up front, should be reet
Thanks given by:
Not ignoring you Joe just i dont know aha. Im keeping the brakes i have because i like the wheels Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(15-09-2013, 06:22 PM)Tom Wrote: Not ignoring you Joe just i dont know aha. Im keeping the brakes i have because i like the wheels Wink

now you know Smile
Thanks given by:
Changing from drum to disk then back to drum I honestly couldn't feel a difference! Apart from a better handbrake
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
main reason I want discs is for the beam itself, and also I hate working on drums, nothing to do with the breaking abilities
Thanks given by:
This means i can do maaaad skids.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(15-09-2013, 06:53 PM)Tom Wrote: This means i can do maaaad skids.

that's how you impress the ladies down maccyd's innum
Thanks given by:
I've owned a 306 for that long handbrake turns have been forgotten from my mind haha!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
my sedan I've just sold was a handbrake beast ..... apparently ... 306/205 rear discs not so much
Thanks given by:
Barely managed to keep mine on the ramps when Sam was doing my exhaust!
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Gave the inside a spruce up, also drove home, steering wheel needs sorting and i dont think i have boost so need to have a look over everything.

[Image: 20130916_153145_zpsdf654893.jpg]
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Yay he's back
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Quick clean and some tyre gel, paint is covered in greasy hand prints, will be getting some more thorough cleans when its running right Smile

[Image: IMGP2597_zpscda0ce5c.jpg]
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Joey! Heart
Thanks given by:
Well the car is out to kill me! Que story...

Right i knew it wasnt boosting right, and the turbo was at the wrong angle to to get the pipe on really well, so i clocked the turbo (in situ) bet some of you are dying to know how i done that Wink Got a pipe on and clamped down.

Pulled out the workshop, pinned it, lit up first, changed to second, lit that up to, bit of a screech into third and got some power down and f*ck me did it go!

I am buzzing like 5 year old at 3am christmas morning! DAMN
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
hehe, Cornwall is starting to fill with some diesel boost again, thank god!!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Top man! glad you'e enjoying it! Big Grin
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Had some temperature issues last night, just teething issues was to be expected on the first proper drive! Just nursed it home and left it for the night. So this morning just went balls out trying to fix the fans the lights the temp all of it, so first up:

[Image: 20130918_121949_zps4f741961.jpg]

Matrix hose onto the back of the head, chopped it at the break and slid it back on and tightened down sorted.

Next up, none of the dash lights work, not being able to see rpm temp speed etc is actually quite scary, makes the inside feel weird to. So i found this:

[Image: 20130918_125429_zps82a381f6.jpg]

Wires just exposed earthing out everywhere, tore it all out, new fuse and it hasnt blown yet so we'll see what happens when its dark tonight and i can see the dash!

And the interior fan well i dont have a meter so cant test the resistor pack, but it clicks when you put the fan on full so in theory it should still work on full chat so im thinking earthing issue atm!

Stay tuned for the next episode!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Project "KEV"....boosted Mini Piggy 59 18,335 24-04-2018, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  The boosted 205 rat - pictures and video added (25.09.16) ginge191 134 57,682 21-04-2017, 10:46 AM
Last Post: ginge191