Project Yellow thing - coming to an end

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project Yellow thing - coming to an end
Can you put an xud in a tu? Are they the same mounts? Thought they were different Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
is the carbon oily on the problem cylinder at all?
Thanks given by:
Just use xud mounts and switch the lower mounting point
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2014, 09:13 PM)Piggy Wrote: Just use xud mounts and switch the lower mounting point

Ahh fair play, good to know, what do you mean by switch the lower mount?

Thread hijack lol Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
The subframe has two points to locate the lower mount in Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
it passed!!! only just though, the guy had to get out the VOSA book on acceptible levels of CO from this engine and year, turns out this expensive cat i bought is naff, just a cheap one dressed up to look like a genuine one, and needed to be ragged to death to get it hot enough,

Car puking oil and coolant onto the ground, 5k, probs more, guy turns round and says "Nah it'll be fine, just need it hotter.. do you mind if he revs it a bit more?"

pics from todays rebuild will be up shortly Tongue
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
A pass is a pass LOL
Thanks given by:
only thing is now i need to clean up all the oil and stuff that got spread around the engine bay... i'm surprised they didn't get me to mop up the stuff at the garage tbh lol Tongue

forgive the shitty quality of the first couple of pics, turns out my £15 samsung camera is complete junk now Sad good thing i don't actually give a single f Smile

disassembly begins
[attachment=19953]

exhaust mani off... can you tell which cylinder was at fault? probably not from this photo but hey ho
[attachment=19954]

ok maybe you can... That Carbon build up tho Tongue - just wanna point out, this was SOLID about 3cm down into the runner, had to attack it with chisels to get it out
[attachment=19955]

ok last of the crap pictures, onto the slightly less crap ones off my phone

[attachment=19957]

the liquid in the middle two cylinders is a cleaner i put in to soften up the carbon over a couple of days, there's much less when it's done..

head stripped down ready for new bits Smile
[attachment=19958]

never had colorful stem seals before... maybe it adds a few kilowatts?
[attachment=19959]

carbon all gone from the combustion chambers, there was quite a lot, but that'd be a couple of the photo's that didn't make it from the camera :/
[attachment=19960]
Thanks given by:
where was i... oh yeah... valve stems were caked in (insert profanity here) so had to scrape them down carefully, had them in oven cleaner / my work degreaser / anything i could find, so that the valve sealing surfaces didn't have any crap on them

no pics of that so...

valve stem seals on
[attachment=19961]

and valves in (they are properly lapped at this point, but again, (insert profanity here) camera is (profanity)

[attachment=19962]

[attachment=19963]

then it was time to go back into the cold and start using stuff to put the engine back together

grey RTV MMMMMMMMMM
[attachment=19964]

[attachment=19965]

so then chuck on the HG, and carefully don't drop it, definately don't drop stuff and spill coolant in the now clean cylinders, and it should look something like this:

[attachment=19966]
[attachment=19967]

and that's the limit of what i took pics of, i was up against it in terms of the time i had left, and still had to get up to my mates house and find a different TB and inlet (was going to replace this one as it was a bit noisy - and still is) turns out he didn't have or couldn't find it, so had to bolt my old one on... plus the induction moose filter i found in his garage Tongue

the 10 day retest period ended at 15:44, i got my MOT pass sheet after a day of wrenching on it, cuts and oil stains, bruises and curses............ at 15:41 WOOOOO

:p That is all for now Smile
Thanks given by:
Good work mate Big Grin

Glad you have her back on the road.
Thanks given by:
Oil change tomorrow, to get rid of the rubbish left over from the rebuild, may take off the sump and see what kind of rubbish is floating around in there tbh, and if my mum wasn't planning on borrowing my car on sat, i may have even taken out the PAS... hmmmm, might mean a trip to the Scrappers to go get a subframe with rack i can refurb / seam weld / powdercoat
Thanks given by:
well that went really easy, no spills, no difficulty in getting the sump plug or old oil filter off (a miricle in itself Tongue)

old oil out - only dripping at this point, might be because there was only maybe 3l of oil in there, and it was like water so maybe a bit past it Tongue

[attachment=20193]

no bits on the magnet Smile

[attachment=20194]

maybe a bit long since my last change?

[attachment=20195]

Mobil oil - Reduced so it's automatically the best oil evar

[attachment=20196]

new filter on, plug back in and refill Smile

[attachment=20197]
Thanks given by:
No bits on the magnet because there is no magnet..

Glad you saved from scrap though
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
the sump plugs are magnetic though? on a few of my other cars with the TU engine i'd do an oil change and get iron filings all over it, i know that they're not very strong magnets
Thanks given by:
What did you get the turbo for bud?
Thanks given by:
was going to be for this.... bit more damage to it that i first thought though, once i stripped it it'd partially eaten through the shaft, chunks knocked off the turbine and bits melted off the compressor, so not even worth rebuilding it, i've got the compressor housing on my wall as a bit of 'art' lol
Thanks given by:
There is sometimes a little magnet glued on the plug...not on that one though
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
ah fair enough, never noticed anything extra on my other ones,
Thanks given by:
Your car appeared on Facebook on the DTurbo owners group this morning.

The bloke who spotted it clearly wasn't a fan so we set him straight.

[attachment=20282]
Thanks given by:
lol thanks, replied to them myself, it's actually nice that some people don't like it, i think i'd have failed if everyone loved it Smile
Thanks given by:
electrical gremlins -

lights have been a bit hit and miss this last week, but i found the cause of that in a loose connection on the twin optics...LOL Peugeot using an uninsulated spade connector... f*cking ow... remember children, don't screw around with electric stuff in the pitch black when the battery is still connected = much easier to just use a torch

then this morning, after a couple days of niceness, no problems, dead.... nothing, kaput, nada, el fuckoffo,

let me into the car, lights came on, starter clicked, everything off, no power to anything.... great, walking in the rain is so much fun Sad

so came back to it, fusebox diagram in hand, a drain of .3A hmmm, not a lot but still, checked the fuses 1 by 1, radio let it drop to .12A, so probably that then, checked the voltage - 12.5.. 0.0

started first bloody time, no problems at all Sad

french electrics are....shit
Thanks given by:
well the electrical problem was the indicator stalk, it was shorting through the indicators/hazards, got a replacement (a dirty filthy awful shit covered replacement) from a dispatch van, works fine, was very cheap Smile

got myself a couple of extras throughout december, grabbed a spoiler from the same scrappy as the stalks, and purchased a set of 50mm springs and dampers off here, although once i'd opened them up the dampers were mismatched and a bit more rusty than i would have used, so gonna get some new when i get paid, in the mean time i'm going to enquire locally about blasting and powdercoating the springs black, if it turns out too much i'll just break out the rattle cans

that's all for now, i do have pics, but meh, Smile
Thanks given by:
Awwww come on dude, why no pictures!!!

Sounds good though.
Thanks given by:
tbh i'm just disappointed not to have already lowered it and spoiler'd it, having to wait sucks
Thanks given by:
(30-12-2014, 04:57 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Awwww come on dude, why no pictures!!!

Sounds good though.

This/\/\/\ 

Need some lows and nice set of deep dish wheels Big Grin
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
right pics it is then...

starting with scrapyard Smile

the poor PH3 (only 306 in there)

[attachment=20843]

[attachment=20844]

didn't have any stalks in it so nicked off with the spoiler, still got it in the boot but would have to drill the bootlid to get it to fit..hmmm

next thing was that the speakers in the front had blown, and sounded... well didn't sound like anything tbh, just farting and rumbling, so got some unknown brand speakers cheap from the local motor factors.. which were a bloody tight fit, and the grills don't go back on, but they'll get modified later for a good fit

[attachment=20845]

[attachment=20846]

in the door:

[attachment=20847]

onto some progress with the shocks and springs:

[attachment=20848]

work area this afternoon

[attachment=20849]

no chance i was bringing whe grinder inside, so got out dad's drill which is built for WAAAR and did this to the bolts:

[attachment=20850]

[attachment=20851]

leaving me with a bag of stuff to clean up - top mounts were saved (quite good condition) along with spring top cups, the bearings and dampers were screwed so they'll be binned and replaced with bilstein stuff i think,

next up - electrolytic cleaning for the springs and cups Tongue
Thanks given by:
not many yards like that in sunderland with racking like that! North east motor salvage have racking, but they wont drop the cars for you!
Thanks given by:
tbh i prefer ones that don't have racking, but the closest one is 30 miles away, and barely has any pug stuff, back in barnsley it was great for anything PSA, but i rarely get back there now
Thanks given by:
Have you tried U-Pull It at Pocklington near York?
Thanks given by:
that's the 30 mile one Wink
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My 306 D TURBO Ph2 Blaze Yellow PROJECT D Turbo Lyle 34 18,042 18-06-2014, 04:42 AM
Last Post: JethroJay
  Project Silver Thing (PST) David 2 2,073 11-07-2012, 03:59 PM
Last Post: Pugmarshall