lost key

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lost key
Ive only gone and lost my one and only car key.

The car is unlocked.

Any ideas on what to do next or where u can get another.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Have you got the key code? Pug can cut and program one from that but it won't be cheap...
Thanks given by:
Just get a new lock set.

Ecu keys locks, ignition barrel will be cheaper than pug
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Peugeot can supply one but they will absolutely ra*e you for it. £20 to find the immob code, £80 for the new key fob, £15 for the new blade then probably an hours labour to program it and then of course, you have to get the car there for them to do it!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
in worse case scenario get another ignition barrel and key then steal your own car to get the old barrel out.

biggest pita is getting the steering lock off, you need to hammer the 2 pins into the barrel so you can turn the wheel to take it out and then drill the security pin out
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
So im pretty shagged really then.
Thanks given by:
Got any local scum you could ask to hotwire your car? Cheapest option tbh... lol

Alternatively, the key MUST be near you somewhere surely? Keep looking!!
Thanks given by:
Tear the house apart and try find it :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
you don't need local scum to hotwire a peugeot, easiest thing ever. had to hotwire the rallye yesterday because i left my keys at work.....

[Image: 20130816_182036_zpsb568d568.jpg]
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't know how to bypass the immob on a phase 3 though?
Thanks given by:
This is just unbelievable. Lol. Where the f*ck did I put it.
Thanks given by:
Retrace your steps, it'll be the last place you look*. Tongue

Also check in the dogs shit for the next day or two...and possibly the kid's lol.... Confused

*well obviously, who keeps looking after they've found something! lol
Thanks given by:
(17-08-2013, 08:55 AM)Toms306 Wrote: I wouldn't know how to bypass the immob on a phase 3 though?

ahhh true, but still im sure theres a way lol
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(17-08-2013, 09:00 AM)ozonehostile Wrote:
(17-08-2013, 08:55 AM)Toms306 Wrote: I wouldn't know how to bypass the immob on a phase 3 though?

ahhh true, but still im sure theres a way lol

there is a way!whistle

but its so secret no ones told me yet!
Thanks given by:
Housemate locked his keys under this bonnet, because mondeos have some gay way of opening the bonnet. So he phoned up local car locksmith and they came round opened it up and made a backup key for him, came to about £60 I think
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Steve that key won't have an immobiliser chip for £60 I'm guessing! Just to open the bonnet/doors incase he locks them in again? The locksmith wanted to charge my Grandad £200 to replace a key for his i10...it wasn't even a fob (no RCL on an '09 plate lol)....

And if Cully doesn't know how to bypass the immob theres no hope for the rest of us! lol
Thanks given by:
Try another 306 key. Might just be close enough to work.
Thanks given by:
(17-08-2013, 10:36 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Try another 306 key. Might just be close enough to work.

still wont get past the immo Wink
Thanks given by:
phase 1 FTW . . . .for so many reasons . .ahhhhhhh lol

checked your trousers on the line? . . .ar lass likes to wash my car keys from time to time, keep them nice and shiny . .Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
keep looking!!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Right. Firstly thanks for all the info.
Ive found the spare but it doesn't have the buttons to lock and unlock the car and ive tryed it in the door but it seams like its the wrong key.
Can I get a key fob with the buttons and make it work that way.
So basically it starts the car but wont lick the doors.
Thanks given by:
did your old key work the doors and the ignition?

Sounds like your car has had a lock set at some point.
Thanks given by:
(17-08-2013, 07:59 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: did your old key work the doors and the ignition?

I dont know mate. Never tryed it and it deffo hasn't had locks changed as my farther in law bought this car from new.

When I try the spare in the door it seams to kind of get stuck. Have to proper wiggle and pull to get it out. Might be just that the key has never been used.
Thanks given by:
(17-08-2013, 08:03 PM)kingy Wrote:
(17-08-2013, 07:59 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: did your old key work the doors and the ignition?

I dont know mate. Never tryed it and it deffo hasn't had locks changed as my farther in law bought this car from new.

When I try the spare in the door it seams to kind of get stuck. Have to proper wiggle and pull to get it out. Might be just that the key has never been used.

no mate, it's just that you never used the key before coz you had buttons, get some wd40 sprayed in the locks . . .then rep me later . Wink
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Just tryed that and it still wont turn.
Thanks given by:
get lots of wd40 in the lock and put the key in like your doing a bird up the arse, in and out loads starting with just the tip and working your way in loosening up the sides of the hole untill you can get the full length in there
Thanks given by:
Lol chris. Been I long time since mrs took it up the wrong en.

Key slides in and out fine now but just won't turn. Weird.
Thanks given by:
(17-08-2013, 08:15 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: get lots of wd40 in the lock and put the key in like your doing a bird up the arse, in and out loads starting with just the tip and working your way in loosening up the sides of the hole untill you can get the full length in there

f*cking lol!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Not unusual...I've had this problem several times on boot locks, they're never used and seize up, WD40 doesn't sort it though!

My diablo had half a key stuck in the drivers door lock as well lol. lol Obviously seized and someone tried too hard to turn it...

I never did find a way to loosen any of the lock barrels though so good luck lol, I never tried plusgas though...might be an idea...
Thanks given by:
(17-08-2013, 10:04 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Not unusual...I've had this problem several times on boot locks, they're never used and seize up, WD40 doesn't sort it though!

My diablo had half a key stuck in the drivers door lock as well lol. lol Obviously seized and someone tried too hard to turn it...

I never did find a way to loosen any of the lock barrels though so good luck lol, I never tried plusgas though...might be an idea...

Just feels like its the wrong key.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lost Aero R Letter Eeyore 18 3,271 28-07-2015, 12:40 PM
Last Post: procta
  Lost property FCS ginge191 22 4,585 09-06-2015, 08:09 PM
Last Post: Fooby
  Lost only Key for Peogeot 306 1998 steveizz 13 2,022 04-01-2015, 08:27 PM
Last Post: Toms306