Lost only Key for Peogeot 306 1998

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost only Key for Peogeot 306 1998
Hope someone has a cheapish fix. lent my mum my only key for the car over christmas and she lost it, now the car is stranded outside her house, fortunately its not got an immobilizer or alarm or even a chip inside key which i have read about. whats the solution??

much help appreciated.

Steve
Thanks given by:
Are you sure it doesn't have an immobiliser? I thought they all did from ph2 (97) on.

If it doesn't, gain entry somehow (brick lol?) and then change the ignition barrel and lock set.
Thanks given by: steveizz
cheers, i read somewhere that the locks are quite similar on other versions, so try a different key if i can get hold of one.

it has a button on the key however it ran out of batteries a few years ago and i replaced them but it only lasted a month so i gave up.

Bricks and windows does not sound like the cheapest of options.
Thanks given by:
Are you in the AA? They will get you in. If not you'll need a wire coat hanger and a spare half hour.
Thanks given by: steveizz
A button has nothing to do with an immobiliser...that's only central locking. I'm almost certain it'll be immobilised.

Trying other keys is unlikely to work unless you've got a high miler with an almost smooth lock barrel lol. Windows are cheap, I always end up binning them off breakers as no-one wants them, infact I've got a set of 3dr ones in the garage now lol. You can bend the door open a bit if you don't want to break a window...but chances are that'll bend the door pillar, so many 306s have creased door pillars these days lol.
Thanks given by:
Can we please be careful how much info is given out here. Im sure this guy is genuine but we have to remember we don't know so don't want to give away ways to break into and steal a 306.
My advice would be to call your breakdown company. They will get into the car without damage and can help with getting it running again
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Considering the length of time 306s have been around, I think all ways of gaining entry are probably common knowledge by now lol. Getting past the immobiliser is the difficult part for a common thief...
Thanks given by:
Best windows to smash are the rear sides on a 3 door as they are 3 bolts to replace or the tiny quarter lights on a 5dr. I take it she didn't dead lock it.
You can also get your fingers under the top edge of the door and pull it out so someone can get an arm in and pull the pin up then bend the door back, sometimes this does no damage, others it leaves a massive crease in the door and at worst smashes the window.

You will be able to get lock set from GSF or ECP.

Where are you mate as I have a bunch of peugeot keys and one of them might be close enough to open it, maybe even make it run.

What year/engine is it as that'll tell us if it has an immobiliser?
Thanks given by:
Just hope it isnt dead locked! That would be crppy. Cant even open the doors from inside.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Unless its dead locked, dont break a window, you can get into any 306 in 2 minutes with some wire... Then just change lockset.

Thats all that needs to be said really, any more info and your practically writing a guide on how to steal everyones cars.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
This is why mine can be immobilised when I leave it somewhere I dont like!!
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Is car needed in a panic?
If you have log book etc you can go down to dealer and get a new key easily and have it next day if not same, seeing as it has no immobiliser then it shouldnt need programmed either.. even a blade will let you away
Thanks given by:
(04-01-2015, 06:46 PM)sweeney1987 Wrote: Is car needed in a panic?
If you have log book etc you can go down to dealer and get a new key easily and have it next day if not same, seeing as it has no immobiliser then it shouldnt need programmed either.. even a blade will let you away

Luckily i dont need the car for work, my log book is on my desk at work.

Some chap nicked my stereo a few years ago so i already have one crease in one door.

The car is stuck n SE London at present and I'm now back on Kent.

Just feel sorry for my old dear as she is mortified with the situation.

I also have some random breakdown policy with my bank account but never had to use it

I will call a dealership when I get in tomorrow.

Thanks everyone 
Thanks given by:
If the cars at home, surely she lost the key at home? Make her look harder lol.

My granddad lost his car key a couple of years ago, we went to all the effort of 'gaining entry' without breaking anything....then my Nan rummaged through the dustbin and found it... Dodgy
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lost Aero R Letter Eeyore 18 3,271 28-07-2015, 12:40 PM
Last Post: procta
  Lost property FCS ginge191 22 4,585 09-06-2015, 08:09 PM
Last Post: Fooby
  Lost the love and need some help/inspiration :( londondan86 25 3,300 18-09-2014, 11:39 PM
Last Post: procta