KieranYeh's Polo GTI Project thread.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KieranYeh's Polo GTI Project thread.
So as planned, I've moved away from the Ronals, Still love them, just want something a bit more .. race car.

Bought me some OZ Superturismos. (non GT ones)

They came with Yokohoma S Drives on the front, and some nice unknown ones on the back

I like the new look too..

Took some photos last night, not the best ones, but you get the idea..

[Image: uKGbckx.jpg]

[Image: 2f0Mzqo.jpg]

[Image: FTHD2Mg.jpg]

[Image: I2eb06i.jpg]

[Image: 1LCE42p.jpg]

Also got a shot of the Polo GTI interior so we can all see it's wonders.

[Image: oXUIqaf.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks sweet dude Smile
Thanks given by:
Looking pretty good. Don't sell the Ronals though Wink
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Are the ronals 4x100?
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(30-08-2013, 11:24 AM)rd070707 Wrote: Are the ronals 4x100?

Yep

(30-08-2013, 11:05 AM)Matt Wrote: Looking pretty good. Don't sell the Ronals though Wink

I know :/ They're up for £450. Until that point they're staying
Thanks given by:
So I've recently been on a few tracks in the car !

Was looking to sell up to by something cheaper, still am really but for now I've gone a bit more racecar with it.

I was however actually told however that my car is 'too low' to be any good around a track. Incredible to know how thick some people are !

So first of all I went to Trax:

My first track time! :

[Image: newthumb.php?iid=3449714&width=400&heigh...N_4200.jpg]

[Image: 1230046_10200474124361986_1402128227_n.jpg]

(still has waterproof back on and a horrible static noise)
http://youtu.be/ndFg8UQ8Kv8

That was a disaster.. 4 laps in the wet before a red flag because someone ran out of talent..

The slot was still good fun, I ended up getting very sideways at one point, it was actually due to mud on the circut that the drifters had kicked up and it didn't help in the wet. There were a few spins on this corner but thankfully I got a full rotation of opposite lock in before it took me all the way around !

Then the weekend just gone I got a shot on a dry track, castle combe.

Not a great track.. a few vague kinks and some fast chicanes... all to the right but still was a good laugh.

[Image: 539104_10200501887936058_169106568_n.jpg]

My favourite image of the day because this guy and I battled it out toward the end of the session, I kept ducking up the inside into braking zones... took a few dummies to then end up taking the deep line in to the last corner gaining some speed on the better exit followed by this photo of me taking him in to the first kink after the pits. Great fun. I'll upload a video later
Thanks given by:
nice final pic that.

its looking its best now IMO. love the wheels.

castle combe doesnt seem that technical but its VERY good for teaching you braking and turn in points.

9/10 cars going into quarry were turning in 2/3/4 car lengths too early. Occasionally some were even in the middle of track before the turn in point...inc that dumbass in the Atom

you get a video of you going round combe?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(15-09-2013, 08:43 PM)Piggy Wrote: nice final pic that.

its looking its best now IMO. love the wheels.

castle combe doesnt seem that technical but its VERY good for teaching you braking and turn in points.

9/10 cars going into quarry were turning in 2/3/4 car lengths too early. Occasionally some were even in the middle of track before the turn in point...inc that dumbass in the Atom

you get a video of you going round combe?

Yeah got a video, I'm pretty spot on with braking points and such, I'm a pretty avid Go kart-er.

I'll upload the video, one thing I found an issue on the track was traffic slowing down as you say many cars distances too early.. that and the fact the car owes me £2500 and I cant afford to run wide for 2 tenths!
Thanks given by:
yeah it was too busy on track at some points IMO.

needed to be more selective with what cars went out when/levels of experience.

It looked like a parade lap sometimes with 4 cars abreast going into the corners all trying to keep on track and avoid each other and work out who was genuinely fastest!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I'll totally admit, I've a REAL soft spot for 6n2 Polos... Think they look absolutely awesome and I love this one!!!

Glad to see it's being used also...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(16-09-2013, 03:04 PM)Ruan Wrote: I'll totally admit, I've a REAL soft spot for 6n2 Polos... Think they look absolutely awesome and I love this one!!!

Glad to see it's being used also...

Cheers, yeah it's not often they get used to their potential. They are very underrated little cars. Feel much better than any of my previous saxos.

Hey, if you like it so much it is up for sale Wink

Aha
Thanks given by:
So the video is up now, it's my first real time around a track (you can't really count the video above!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSMACM3r0...ture=share

Good watch, had a little battle with an MX5 for a place through a few corners, having a look up the inside on a few corners then finding a better line for a fast exit on to the straight.
Thanks given by:
Watched on the other thread, quite quick when it's wound up Smile
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  should really start a project thread... toseland 20 5,278 23-11-2014, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  GT2052S project thread number three 306Puggy 98 21,752 11-06-2014, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Chris_90
  So project thread started camoturd 23 4,263 13-04-2014, 11:25 AM
Last Post: camoturd