Bigger blower on the cheap
(09-08-2013, 01:38 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: Ahh fair enough

Yeah your right however the td04's do like the higher rpm's

Haven't had a chance to find out on a standard Lucas still. Blush
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
As others have said it's got to be a TD04. They are well known and they only have a few different models. The GT series units seem to have umpteen different configurations and for instance the one I have is a right hassle to adapt which means I am having to spend money on just getting the things changed which are obviously wrong for an XUD. You can probably get a TD04 on for £200 whereas with my GT20 it's looking more like £350 to give you a rough idea.
Thanks given by:
(09-08-2013, 06:35 PM)306Puggy Wrote: As others have said it's got to be a TD04. They are well known and they only have a few different models. The GT series units seem to have umpteen different configurations and for instance the one I have is a right hassle to adapt which means I am having to spend money on just getting the things changed which are obviously wrong for an XUD. You can probably get a TD04 on for £200 whereas with my GT20 it's looking more like £350 to give you a rough idea.

f*ck.. I think I spent about £700 getting mine on lol
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
only coz you kept blowing them up pellowe!

my gt2056s has cost me about £30 in parts so far for a gearbox mounted situ
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
£30 in parts...I know people exaggerate on this forum but that is a bit hard to believe. Even if you have drill, welder, tap and die set and everything else. An EGT probe costs £15. Oil line costs £15. That's £30 already before anything else.
Thanks given by:
(09-08-2013, 07:11 PM)Piggy Wrote: only coz you kept blowing them up pellowe!

my gt2056s has cost me about £30 in parts so far for a gearbox mounted situ

ninja

All part of the R&D. Don't remember anyone else using one before me Wink
Thanks given by:
The road is just for tuning and diagnostics.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
turbos are for fags....i'm fitting a leaf blower, Black and Decker big boy Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
The merc turbo that con67 and mal fitted is probably the cheapest you could fit with so little f*cking about trying to get it fitted.
The way conor did it was to ream out (on a lathe - £30/40???) the hotside of a k14 to accommodate the bigger turbine wheel.
Then the k14-2 just bolted up. No messing with the exhaust or adaptor plates. Its a really simple cost effective way of doing it.
Turbo £50-80.... lathe work £20-40....Exhaust work £0.... Max £120.

However, i always thought it was a shame to fit the big turbo and not create a bigger better flowing downpipe, but that is just my opinion.
There isnt much difference between fitting a t25 or a td04. Both need adaptor plates for exhaust and manifold.

I cant comment on the gt turbos or vnts other than to say they probably command a bigger price due to their newer tech.
Thanks given by:
(10-08-2013, 08:48 PM)anto Wrote: The merc turbo that con67 and mal fitted is probably the cheapest you could fit with so little f*cking about trying to get it fitted.
The way conor did it was to ream out (on a lathe - £30/40???) the hotside of a k14 to accommodate the bigger turbine wheel.
Then the k14-2 just bolted up. No messing with the exhaust or adaptor plates. Its a really simple cost effective way of doing it.

However, i always thought it was a shame to fit the big turbo and not create a bigger better flowing downpipe, but that is just my opinion.
There isnt much difference between fitting a t25 or a td04. Both need adaptor plates for exhaust and manifold.

I cant comment on the gt turbos or vnts other than to say they probably command a bigger price due to their newer tech.
When I reemed my elbow and hotside it went much better and I was a sad I didnt just use the merc one and a massive down pipe, so your right!
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the info on the merc turbo. Might come in useful
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(11-08-2013, 08:41 AM)con67 Wrote:
(10-08-2013, 08:48 PM)anto Wrote: The merc turbo that con67 and mal fitted is probably the cheapest you could fit with so little f*cking about trying to get it fitted.

When I reemed my elbow and hotside it went much better and I was a sad I didnt just use the merc one and a massive down pipe, so your right!

Alrite stranger hows the form?

I still think it is one of the neatest ways to fit a big turbo on an xud.
Even just fitting a bigger downpipe to the k14 hotside would work well, i just always hated the standard 306 elbow.
Thanks given by:
(11-08-2013, 02:18 PM)anto Wrote:

Even just fitting a bigger downpipe to the k14 hotside would work well, i just always hated the standard 306 elbow.

That's because the 306 elbow is wank for airflow, drops to about 1.5" at one point...
Thanks given by:
(09-08-2013, 01:29 PM)silverzx Wrote:
(09-08-2013, 01:25 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: Mines been gov modded but most of the time there really is no need to hit 6k
Just because it can(not for long) doesn't mean you have to

Heh, was taking the piss, but seriously, providing the cars well maintained and not ranted from cold (or abused in any other unnecessary YOBO manor) then your going to be prolonging the life of the engine.

Not really seen many dyno's going past 4.7~5k but doubt theres much power up there anyway unless your running a stupidly laggy turbo.

Mines has power til 6k, solid 25psi from around 3.5-4k.

In answer to the thread question, TD04 would be easiest/cheapest as so many have done it.
Thanks given by:
(11-08-2013, 02:18 PM)anto Wrote:

Shes having another child here on tuesday, other than that all quiet!!!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bigger turbo suggestions? Something handy found? Logue1996 8 3,530 28-07-2017, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Chris_90
  bigger turbo adapters craig-dodd 16 6,740 04-02-2017, 05:48 AM
Last Post: Dave
  Fitting bigger turbo shortly Owen_G_ 16 4,230 07-03-2015, 11:25 PM
Last Post: Piggy