opinions on megasquirt ms2 v3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
opinions on megasquirt ms2 v3
Nah, given up that, can't be arsed, and don't have enough money spare Big Grin
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Such a shame!! That'd be major epic proportions on win.. Was still gutted that 'rwd busa' project got sold before i saw Sad went so cheap!
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Any links to reputable suppliers of these diy build kits?
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
(15-08-2013, 04:18 AM)n0v0s Wrote: Any links to reputable suppliers of these diy build kits?

£178, plus some postage... http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/megas...p-119.html
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge for prime minister.
Poodle Wrote:I reckon Norledge has got it on the head mind.
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge gets my vote tbh.
Thanks given by:
That's not bad.. on eBay UK theyre 295!
Thanks given by:
Watch out for fakes on eBay there is a lot of Chinese copies around very very poor quality pcb's and grey market parts!!
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The issue with Megasquirt really lies with the fact they're an "open" platform... They can be made into a relatively capable ECU, will do all the things you need by simply bolting things on HOWEVER - There's no proper standard to be adhered to and therefore mappers want to steer WELL clear of them, it's often very difficult to prove there's an issue actually with the ECU or Engine - naturally the owner will blame it on the mapper, the mapper will blame it on the ECU...

If you're doing it all DIY - go for it, but don't expect to recieve mappers wanting to map your Megasquirt homebrew system.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
That's fair enough ruan, it's to be expected..

Yeah this would be a 100% DIY type thing, I'm lucky that my brother does metal fabrication though.. that'll help with a few things
Thanks given by:
There's plenty of mappers around that will do them, but yes, the fault finding trail is where it gets tricky. However you can build a stimulator with a waveform generator on board so you have some basic confirmation of functionality.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by: