this has got me stumped :/ timing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
this has got me stumped :/ timing
Right i posted a thread about very bad diesel knock i had on my xud it has a massive knock when it matches up to tdc but when i run the cam 1 tooth out its fine tried advancing and retarding the pump and adjusting the fuel but still will knock like mad :/Censored
Thanks given by:
9mm or 11mm pump?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
11mm pal
Thanks given by:
what do you mean a massive knock when it gets to TDC??
how do you know when you're at TDC? and where is the knock from exactly?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
i timed it up to tdc so locked fly wheel with 6mm allen key cam and pump all line up bang on when u put bolts in to lock it all off its sound like a old transit van massive diesel knock got told it was injectors but changed them
Thanks given by:
Im still as confused as ginge...how do you know the knock is at tdc!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
thats it timed to tdc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLJR0HQKP...seR6OECScw
Thanks given by:
That sounds broken. Utterly broken.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Set the cam a tooth out if it stops the knock then .......
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
thats what i have done runs fine with 1 tooth out on cam but knocks like made in tdc just want to know why
Thanks given by:
Any smoke with this? Problems firing up?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
fires up fine no smoke what so ever just knocks thats why its got me stumped
Thanks given by:
I heard that 11mm pumps effect the timing. Why not just set it a tooth out and use it? If its fine like that i dont see a problem.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
think i properly will tom cheers lads
Thanks given by:
video sounds like an 11mm pump with a lot of advance on it.
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
tired adjusting the pump does nothing even tried running it on less fuel still same only way it stops knocking is running cam i tooth out
Thanks given by:
Who built up this pump out of interest?

Sounds to me like someone has pissed with the IPP Regulator.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Whats it like if you back it off on the slots?
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
same dave and car was on pump when i bought it so dont know what job they have done with the pump
Thanks given by:
hey yall, am new here Nospeak had to register when i saw this thread, mine is making exact same noise, just bought this engine from breakers sounded amazing at his yard, so i takes it home an wacked a bosch on it but it sounds really rough so changed bak to lucas, timed up correctly, changed studs, fitted new belt kit and injector seals but still this noise wont bugger off, lucas pump is completely stock advancing or retarding doesnt make a difference gonna try running the cam a tooth out today an c wat happens havnt got much hair left to pull out
Thanks given by:
when timing up you have to almost bring top cam forward a tooth so when tension comes on belt it sets itself correctly.. its what i have found anyway, recheck pin holes after belt is tensioned and turned over by hand a couple times they should line up perfect...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Stumped - non-starter, fuel pump issue? Poodle 14 2,875 31-05-2013, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Fozzy