306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: this has got me stumped :/ timing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Right i posted a thread about very bad diesel knock i had on my xud it has a massive knock when it matches up to tdc but when i run the cam 1 tooth out its fine tried advancing and retarding the pump and adjusting the fuel but still will knock like mad :/Censored
9mm or 11mm pump?
11mm pal
what do you mean a massive knock when it gets to TDC??
how do you know when you're at TDC? and where is the knock from exactly?
i timed it up to tdc so locked fly wheel with 6mm allen key cam and pump all line up bang on when u put bolts in to lock it all off its sound like a old transit van massive diesel knock got told it was injectors but changed them
Im still as confused as ginge...how do you know the knock is at tdc!?
That sounds broken. Utterly broken.
Set the cam a tooth out if it stops the knock then .......
thats what i have done runs fine with 1 tooth out on cam but knocks like made in tdc just want to know why
Any smoke with this? Problems firing up?
fires up fine no smoke what so ever just knocks thats why its got me stumped
I heard that 11mm pumps effect the timing. Why not just set it a tooth out and use it? If its fine like that i dont see a problem.
think i properly will tom cheers lads
video sounds like an 11mm pump with a lot of advance on it.
tired adjusting the pump does nothing even tried running it on less fuel still same only way it stops knocking is running cam i tooth out
Who built up this pump out of interest?

Sounds to me like someone has pissed with the IPP Regulator.
Whats it like if you back it off on the slots?
same dave and car was on pump when i bought it so dont know what job they have done with the pump
hey yall, am new here Nospeak had to register when i saw this thread, mine is making exact same noise, just bought this engine from breakers sounded amazing at his yard, so i takes it home an wacked a bosch on it but it sounds really rough so changed bak to lucas, timed up correctly, changed studs, fitted new belt kit and injector seals but still this noise wont bugger off, lucas pump is completely stock advancing or retarding doesnt make a difference gonna try running the cam a tooth out today an c wat happens havnt got much hair left to pull out
when timing up you have to almost bring top cam forward a tooth so when tension comes on belt it sets itself correctly.. its what i have found anyway, recheck pin holes after belt is tensioned and turned over by hand a couple times they should line up perfect...