Disabling egr vacuum line on dturbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disabling egr vacuum line on dturbo
Which pipe is the vacuum line you pull off and blank to disable the egr from lifting on a dturbo?

I followed this from the bottom of the master cylinder (1st Photo)

Also what does this do? (2nd Photo)-

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Bump anyone?
Thanks given by:
On my 406 I just unplugged the pipe coming from the EGR valve and plugged it with an injector leak-off bung (about 40p from the dealer). Unplugging the solendoid that actuates it would probably trip the engine management light.
Thanks given by:
Just unplug the connector for it, I think it's the one in your pic.. Shouldn't trip a management light as DT's don't have one.

The one you followed to the master cylinder is for your servo, don't unplug that.
Thanks given by:
You won't trip any management lights! They haven't got one, nor an ECU or any form of management, they are entirely mechanical!

My advice - disconnect both sides and bung both ends - if you pull off the actuator end and the valve opens up, you'll end up with a massive vacuum leak which would remove vacuum from the brake servo - making braking much more difficult (think brakes after pressing a few times with the engine off, they go rock solid...) As long as you pull off both and bung both, you won't go far wrong.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oil leak at vacuum pump end Teddy 6 1,392 19-02-2014, 02:27 PM
Last Post: anto
  Vacuum pump. Dean 10 2,383 10-02-2014, 08:35 AM
Last Post: zx_volcane
  No boost or whistle only vacuum strictly_perv 10 2,165 08-11-2013, 11:51 AM
Last Post: r3k1355