Sly comments when you are working on your car?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sly comments when you are working on your car?
I don't get anything like that, a few people at work used to say has the car died on you? that was cause I was giving the car an oil change and in buying some oil.
if I did get some comments like that, I wouldn't be arsed at the end of the day your saving your self a few quid.
one lad who used I used to work with, always said that the HDI was f*cked or something, laugh was it was called a service. if the odd time the car needed something replacing, I used to say, well the car has done a lot more miles than yours and its older too. He would take his car to Renault to be fixed.
Thanks given by:
(18-07-2013, 03:01 PM)ginge191 Wrote:
(18-07-2013, 11:06 AM)306Puggy Wrote: I think it's where you live more than anything. If it's a quiet area full of middle class snobs then you are likely to cop it whereas if they are more friendly and normal people then you are likely to get shown interest and chattyness.

Because those that are affording proper track day cars/kit cars are those living on benefits.. oh wait, no they're not, they're the middle class looking for thrills at weekends.

From my experience; i reguarly have a fairly middle class business owner who regularly chats to me about my car with keen interest, and on the contrary, many of the locals, not the classiest of people, despise and often complain about it.

And middle class snobs? /facepalm. Don't get me started on classifying society.

Heh, always trying to start beef where the isn't any. What a clown.

(18-07-2013, 03:18 PM)Poodle Wrote: Why the hell are you still fuming about something that happened years ago? Let go of it and chill out dude, there's a lot of people out there who say stupid offensive shit without thinking (you do it all the time for starters Wink ), can't let it get to you.

That's the thing though, I'm not fuming. I was just reciting how I felt at the time.

(18-07-2013, 03:27 PM)procta Wrote: I don't get anything like that, a few people at work used to say has the car died on you? that was cause I was giving the car an oil change and in buying some oil.
if I did get some comments like that, I wouldn't be arsed at the end of the day your saving your self a few quid.
one lad who used I used to work with, always said that the HDI was f*cked or something, laugh was it was called a service. if the odd time the car needed something replacing, I used to say, well the car has done a lot more miles than yours and its older too. He would take his car to Renault to be fixed.

Heh, I have an old guy who seems to *try* to wind me up, but in a subtle way. He says "Wow, you must be a really good car mechanic by now" whenever he walks past. I want to snap at him but he never gives me the opportunity. I have just ignored him in the past though Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(18-07-2013, 04:03 PM)306Puggy Wrote: Heh, always trying to start beef where the isn't any. What a clown.

meh, i worded a valid response. see it how you will babe x
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(18-07-2013, 04:07 PM)ginge191 Wrote:
(18-07-2013, 04:03 PM)306Puggy Wrote: Heh, always trying to start beef where the isn't any. What a clown.

meh, i worded a valid response. see it how you will babe x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8me3ZLPwecI
Thanks given by:
(18-07-2013, 04:03 PM)306Puggy Wrote:
(18-07-2013, 03:01 PM)ginge191 Wrote:
(18-07-2013, 11:06 AM)306Puggy Wrote: I think it's where you live more than anything. If it's a quiet area full of middle class snobs then you are likely to cop it whereas if they are more friendly and normal people then you are likely to get shown interest and chattyness.

Because those that are affording proper track day cars/kit cars are those living on benefits.. oh wait, no they're not, they're the middle class looking for thrills at weekends.

From my experience; i reguarly have a fairly middle class business owner who regularly chats to me about my car with keen interest, and on the contrary, many of the locals, not the classiest of people, despise and often complain about it.

And middle class snobs? /facepalm. Don't get me started on classifying society.

Heh, always trying to start beef where the isn't any. What a clown.

(18-07-2013, 03:18 PM)Poodle Wrote: Why the hell are you still fuming about something that happened years ago? Let go of it and chill out dude, there's a lot of people out there who say stupid offensive shit without thinking (you do it all the time for starters Wink ), can't let it get to you.

That's the thing though, I'm not fuming. I was just reciting how I felt at the time.

(18-07-2013, 03:27 PM)procta Wrote: I don't get anything like that, a few people at work used to say has the car died on you? that was cause I was giving the car an oil change and in buying some oil.

Heh, I have an old guy who seems to *try* to wind me up, but in a subtle way. He says "Wow, you must be a really good car mechanic by now" whenever he walks past. I want to snap at him but he never gives me the opportunity. I have just ignored him in the past though Big Grin
He's probably just trying to be friendly mate, same as when people walk past and say "missed a bit" the when you're cleaning the car or mowing the lawn, it's just a bit of banter Smile
Thanks given by:
Yes Scott but he said it every time, even when he could see I was elbow deep in grease, I think he got the message when I ignored him even when he was only a few metres away!
Thanks given by:
I get that last thing you want is for someone to be seemingly taking the piss or interrupting you while you're working, though I will always stop and chat with my neighbours when they come out. One of them always comments that something is always broken or will come over to ask "what are you doing this time", but as frustrating as it can be, I've stopped and talked to him and he's been a decent enough guy, and even gave me a bag full of tools as he no longer had use for them. They may not be great tools, it's just a nice gesture and there's no harm in stopping and having a chat with people sometimes Smile
Thanks given by:
(18-07-2013, 04:51 PM)Scott Wrote: I get that last thing you want is for someone to be seemingly taking the piss or interrupting you while you're working, though I will always stop and chat with my neighbours when they come out. One of them always comments that something is always broken or will come over to ask "what are you doing this time", but as frustrating as it can be, I've stopped and talked to him and he's been a decent enough guy, and even gave me a bag full of tools as he no longer had use for them. They may not be great tools, it's just a nice gesture and there's no harm in stopping and having a chat with people sometimes Smile

Is this when your neighbors aren't filling out ASBO applications for you Big Grin PMSL
Thanks given by:
lol That's just the one. The others are awesome. I see one down at the local and he's sound, one has an amazing mint Triumph Stag, and another is the owner of an ice cream shop so I get discount in there.
Thanks given by:
Which ice cream shop?
am i gonna have to de-tour there next time im at work?
Thanks given by:
lol I'll tell you by PM. I see all the lurkers ninja
Thanks given by:
Ice cream shop??? Why you holding out on me man? I thought we were friends!!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(18-07-2013, 05:16 PM)samass Wrote: Ice cream shop??? Why you holding out on me man? I thought we were friends!!

Ill be your friend Heart
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Yay!!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
I'm quite fortunate in that I never have to work on the street or anywhere near anyone for that matter.

Although there was usually some looks etc whenever working on Matt's car, could have had something to do with the 306 invasion on an already busy one-way street lol
Thanks given by:
(18-07-2013, 07:39 PM)Curt Wrote: I'm quite fortunate in that I never have to work on the street or anywhere near anyone for that matter.
I guess the only trouble you have is when inconsiderate people wake up at 5am after camping in the field, forget that other people live there, and start working on the cars at 7am...
Nospeak
Thanks given by:
Haha, there is that Tongue
Thanks given by:
(18-07-2013, 07:41 PM)Scott Wrote:
(18-07-2013, 07:39 PM)Curt Wrote: I'm quite fortunate in that I never have to work on the street or anywhere near anyone for that matter.
I guess the only trouble you have is when inconsiderate people wake up at 5am after camping in the field, forget that other people live there, and start working on the cars at 7am...
Nospeak

What a bunch of lady gardens!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Always used to get it at the old house, doing an engine swap, in the snow definitely gets you some people asking about WTF you are doing...

I remember when I used to actually care for my DT and I used to pretty much wash it as often as possible, sometimes that would be close to once a day, I used to get funny looks and people asking questions LOL...

I regularly get questions about why it sounds like a David Brown on a cold morning...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Considered telling them to f*ck off and mind their own business? Works for me. Obviously people taking the piss, friendly people are fine. One old kid stopped for a chat when I was fitting a new brake hose yesterday, thought he was gonna be an arse but turns out he was right into cars, was showing me pics of his Austin A55...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
I recently pulled into a local engineers yard in the Audibus, and as I swung into his lane, the overhead doors started opening, drove in the normal entrance (not in big doors), Matt came out, and said he thought it was a lorry coming in, LOL, standard issue.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by: