Wheels judder when breaking...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wheels judder when breaking...
hope you get it sorted dude, I never had any problems apart from when I bought it, fixed by new discs and pads all round, and then toward the end before you bought it, which I assumed it would have been the same.

Hope it ends up something simple, I may have an abs sensor around not sure if I gave it to you or not, but if not can chuck it in the post? (if I can find it)
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2013, 12:02 PM)kernow_joe Wrote: hope you get it sorted dude, I never had any problems apart from when I bought it, fixed by new discs and pads all round, and then toward the end before you bought it, which I assumed it would have been the same.

Hope it ends up something simple, I may have an abs sensor around not sure if I gave it to you or not, but if not can chuck it in the post? (if I can find it)

I wouldn't worry too much about it. The car is mechanically sound, apart from this judder. But it'd be no fun if everything was straight forward. The end of the day, I have an epic car in fantastic condition, it's fun and sounds great.

I'm sure I'll get it sorted Smile
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2013, 12:31 PM)callumcull Wrote:
(19-07-2013, 12:02 PM)kernow_joe Wrote: hope you get it sorted dude, I never had any problems apart from when I bought it, fixed by new discs and pads all round, and then toward the end before you bought it, which I assumed it would have been the same.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. The car is mechanically sound, apart from this judder. But it'd be no fun if everything was straight forward. The end of the day, I have an epic car in fantastic condition, it's fun and sounds great.

I'm sure I'll get it sorted Smile

nothings ever straight forward when you own a peugeot!!
Thanks given by:
That's the fun of it. I'd be pretty bored if everything worked and I didn't have a chance to learn about it.

How's the 4x4 coming along?
Thanks given by:
Is been resting Smile had a lot of 'fun' sorting the 205 and brake issues but now got a 1.9 disc beam so that should be sorted at least
Thanks given by:
Do you have a project thread for it on here? I'd like to see how it's doing!

The 4x4 does look epic though! When it's sorted, take me out in it? Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I have a judder, but thats due to a warped disc. I was told that it was due to me braking very hard constantly whilst the disc was still new!
Thus causing the disc to warp! Is there any possibility you have been doing that but been unaware to the fact?
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
That could be possible actually.... How are you meant to drive with new discs, and for how long?
Thanks given by:
Well if you drive erratically and brake hard every time (as if you're driving on a race track) it will overheat the discs prematurely.
So driving sensible for a few hundred miles without braking too hard will bed the discs in.
I honestly think this will be the cause of your problem, it's not a safety issue until your car becomes hard to steer under braking.

If it is, replace the discs and try not to warp them this time!
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
yeah you should bed them in, i always take it steady for a good few days . .Smile

http://www.powerbrake.co.za/downloads/tech_02_bedin.pdf
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Ok, I'll change the discs for some decent ones this time, rather than pagid ones.

I'll need to change the drive shafts anyway, can anyone link to some known decent shafts and discs?
Thanks given by:
P-bushes may also be worn...it doesn't help either
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Have you had the disc run out checked with a dti gauge?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(10-08-2013, 11:14 AM)Tom Wrote: Have you had the disc run out checked with a dti gauge?

Not yet man, the 6 has been sat feeling sorry for itself as I've been working on another project. As soon as I sell this I'll be straight on the 6 again Big Grin
Thanks given by:
just make sure you PROPERLY clean the hub face too...and DONT coat it in grease.
I use a special pad on a drill which cleans them right up in seconds...I kept it after leaving the garage and its a God send
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I know you said you got new discs but i would get the run out properly checked, you might just have a bad set of discs.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I used a drill bit sander thing to clean both mating faces. Worked a treat!

I'll get back on the 6 as soon as this shed sells Smile
Thanks given by:
If the discs don't fix the issue I would say it is probably the calliper. I had the same issue on a different car, turned out the piston was seizing causing it to bind and judder when braking.
Thanks given by:
I had this on my zx, got the wheel bearing changed by a garage and they put the hub back in using the biggest hammer they could find, bending the hub flange, was on my 2nd set of discs before I took everything off and found that :/
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
Have a read of this. The first bit about what causes 'warped discs' sounds pretty plausible.

I had a set of discs on the Mini that wobbled like fark. When I changed them there was an outline of a pad clearly visible in fairly deep rust on the surface. Was much more careful about parking up after a hoon on the second set. (Cruise up in gear, engine off, clutch depressed. Use brakes to slow down to a crawl. Use engine braking to stop. Do not apply handbrake.)

If it's only while braking, it'll be discs, calipers or drive flanges. Can't imagine it'll be driveshafts, ABS or anything...
Thanks given by:
Hey is your timing belt side engine mount ok? I had this for a while and at the body where the mount screws into was rotten and was causing the engine to move about which was moving the drive shafts about whe I got it welded up it stopped the shuddering. Whip off the mount and make sure it's not rotten with any fractures. If it is on then you have eliminated that.
Thanks given by: