So I just started work on a BMW......

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I just started work on a BMW......
Looking at the amount of water, are you sure he hasn't topped it up through the oil filler?
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
nah you cna clearly see on the back corner where the head bolt is missing where the oil / water has mixed under the gasket, hardly suprising tho given the bolt wasnt clamping it down!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Thats pretty impressive. So much for German engineering
Thanks given by:
Mehh.. 6 pot bimmer engines is where it's at chris
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2013, 04:30 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Thats pretty impressive. So much for German engineering

I hate this idea that because its German, its going to be amazing. They arent as good as everyone thinks. Most of the VAG companies were some of the lowest in reliability tables over the past few years!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(03-07-2013, 09:29 PM)samass Wrote: Great odins beard!! That's a hell of a mess!

By the beard of Zeus! It's Odin's raven ffs. if you're going to paraphrase Anchorman get it right.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2013, 04:34 PM)Niall Wrote:
(04-07-2013, 04:30 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Thats pretty impressive. So much for German engineering

I hate this idea that because its German, its going to be amazing. They arent as good as everyone thinks. Most of the VAG companies were some of the lowest in reliability tables over the past few years!

No there a pain in the ass my e39 was a bastard at times. Cam sensor 185 quid crank sensor 196 quid. That was in three days fecking thing. Its like anything it has its problems. And a bmw is no diffrent.

Cylinder head went at 198k on mine. Then there is the void bushes Jesus crist what a bastard of a job
Thanks given by:
Dont know if anyone saw it but BMW were on Watchdog a few weeks back because their 4 pot 2.0 derv engine in the 1 and 3 series between 07 and 09 keep snapping cam chains that are never supposed to be changed. Difference is, they put them at the flywheel end so under the scuttle panel. Engine out job to replace and BMW wouldnt except theres a problem. I find it pretty shocking tbh. You buy a premium car, you expect premium service.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(04-07-2013, 04:53 PM)cwspellowe Wrote:
(03-07-2013, 09:29 PM)samass Wrote: Great odins beard!! That's a hell of a mess!

By the beard of Zeus! It's Odin's raven ffs. if you're going to paraphrase Anchorman get it right.

How am I supposed to accurately quote a film that ice pretty much only ever seen while tomatoed? It's very tricky lol
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
German cars really aren't good tbh. Most of them (especially the VAG stuff) are totally unreliable.
As for the premium service, that's only true for Mercedes and that's why Taxi drivers love them.

My favourite cars for reliability are japanese ones, my parents drive a Honda CR-V on nearly 400,000km and it only got serviced regularly and the brakes done sometimes. Nothing else.
Thanks given by:
Holley molley :O
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2013, 06:36 PM)Luhoer Wrote: German cars really aren't good tbh. Most of them (especially the VAG stuff) are totally unreliable.
As for the premium service, that's only true for Mercedes and that's why Taxi drivers love them.

My favourite cars for reliability are japanese ones, my parents drive a Honda CR-V on nearly 400,000km and it only got serviced regularly and the brakes done sometimes. Nothing else.

This a mate of mine had a celica had it 6 years never flackered never failed an mot.
Thanks given by:
still get the head pressure tested/checked, not nice to re-assemble and find its cracked the head ?
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2013, 06:36 PM)Luhoer Wrote: German cars really aren't good tbh. Most of them (especially the VAG stuff) are totally unreliable.

Yeah although i dont like Mercs as a car, i do think they are much better in terms of reliability (other than rust lol). This is why i like Sweedish cars. You still get that German attention to detail but they really are bullet proof (except 2000MY Saabs with Garrett turbos lol)
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I love old Mercs, I honestly think the absolute peak of build quality without going into proper exotica is an 80's Mercedes. The panel gaps are so tight, everything is so solid, everything feels thoughtfully put together and solidly engineered, real quality and pride in it. Fantastic cars.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Both lus cars have started leaking!! bashbarnard 27 2,813 03-04-2016, 09:09 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  2012 Has started with Ruan 23 3,674 03-01-2012, 06:05 AM
Last Post: THE_Liam