MPG!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MPG!
can us diesel blokes start to gloat yet??
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
No, they still sound like tractors hahaha
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
ouch. I spose they do....50mpg tractors on 55p a litre. boooo
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Mehh, if i wanted a car that could do 50mpg i'd have kept my stage 2 HDi owait... Tongue
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(17-06-2013, 01:04 PM)Piggy Wrote: ouch. I spose they do....50mpg tractors on 55p a litre. boooo

Ill keep my Saab thanks! Rofl
Thanks given by:
(17-06-2013, 12:43 PM)Piggy Wrote: can us diesel blokes start to gloat yet??

No. Go back and clear up the rods off the road.... Tongue

As I've found out, not all diesels are economical anyway. Dodgy So my Mum can still gloat about her 56mpg petrol with a better 0-60 than a HDi! lol Plus she's just got the tax reminder through.......£30 for the year! Dodgy What is it for an XUD now, about £200odd? Tongue
Thanks given by:
(17-06-2013, 04:42 PM)Toms306 Wrote:

As I've found out, not all diesels are economical anyway. Dodgy So my Mum can still gloat about her 56mpg petrol with a better 0-60 than a HDi! lol Plus she's just got the tax reminder through.......£30 for the year! Dodgy What is it for an XUD now, about £200odd? Tongue

Thats called 12 years of R&D tom! But yeah DTs are over £200 a year iirc
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(17-06-2013, 04:56 PM)Niall Wrote:
(17-06-2013, 04:42 PM)Toms306 Wrote:

Very true....and even if I could afford to, I certainly wouldn't pay £12k for a brand new car with only 90bhp and hard cloth seats lol, despite the tax and MPGz. But diesels are going to start dying out again soon (imo) now they can make petrols much more efficient. Especially with things like the TFSi's, soon as they come down in price a bit they'll easily beat the DERVs I reckon. Especially without having to have DPFs and all the other emmisions crap that diesels are filled with nowadays. Power, economy and noise ftw...
Thanks given by:
yeah I'll keep the 11grand and buy and build a mint 2.1 that'll do 60mpg on veg and muller a gti6.....

oh wait....that is what Im doing!!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(17-06-2013, 05:09 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(17-06-2013, 04:56 PM)Niall Wrote:
(17-06-2013, 04:42 PM)Toms306 Wrote: No. Go back and clear up the rods off the road.... Tongue

Very true....and even if I could afford to, I certainly wouldn't pay £12k for a brand new car with only 90bhp and hard cloth seats lol, despite the tax and MPGz. But diesels are going to start dying out again soon (imo) now they can make petrols much more efficient. Especially with things like the TFSi's, soon as they come down in price a bit they'll easily beat the DERVs I reckon. Especially without having to have DPFs and all the other emmisions crap that diesels are filled with nowadays. Power, economy and noise ftw...

Nah i reckon Petrols will stay about in the form of small, pokey engines. No bigger than 2.0L but i reckon bigger engines will be going diesel. Look at all the premium manufacturers. BMW, Audi, Jag etc all offer a derv alternative to their bigger petrols which are almost as quick but will still do 40mpg with ease.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Fair enough, I guess we'll find out soon!

Size doesn't really matter when you've got a turbo and a supercharger though. Even without the supercharger tbh, the 1.6THP in the RCZ has like 200bhp and still does 40mpg iirc!
Thanks given by:
new focus has a 1litre turbo...as does some other little fords now...100bhp, loads more torque than the 1.6nad and loadsa mpg...and mega light

its the future....but from the past....
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah i do think smaller engines are the near future but the premium brands will still try and push the bigger engines.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Horses for courses. Whilst ill openly admit i love seeing the derv projects and what guys are doing with them these days. And i have absolutly no doubt that not only can they quite easily be made quicker than a 6, they will also remain more economical! However, please give me a good example where somebody has taken their diesel around a track and thrashed it around all day without worrying to much. As thats what i want to do with mine i wont be going back over to heavy oil any time soon Smile.
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by: