Ed's Dead Diablo Ph3 GTi6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ed's Dead Diablo Ph3 GTi6
Thanks Tom, it aint the nicest anymore, that's for sure! Sad

darrenjlobb Wrote:That sucks Ed Sad

On a plus note, how closely have you looked under the bonnet, Im not sure that the leg will have been bent to much looking at that....if thats the case its just a case of another diablo breaking car for wings / bumper / slam panel, bonnet and lights etc, which wouldnt be hugely expensive...if the front of the leg is bent a bit can easily be fixed, only real issue is if its properly bent the leg, but looking at the damage id not have personally said it has...try and take some photos in underneath around the front of the leg (abs pump area) etc so we can see better..

Gutting though, espically right after you got it back on the road! Sad

Tell me about it man, I'm really upset Sad
yeah I send the pics to Ruan over lunch and called him; he also said he'd be very surprised if I'd done any serious damage to the chassis leg. He reckoned it could be a fairly straightforward fix with replacement panels as you said. I'm praying its that way!!!

I am gonna be careful though, at the end of the day the reason I love the car is for how it drives. I don't want to be spending the time and money fixing a car that wont drive as well at the end. If the chassis is badly damaged, I'm gonna have to break it. Gah I just dont wanna think about that right now Sad

Cwspellowe; I'll take you up on that Tongue a beer @ FCS? Tongue
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
A beer at FCS? What, am I made of money or something? £1 or the bet's off.

Win win for me, if you don't fix it you won't be there to claim your quid lmao
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I hope and think that it will be repairable!

As long as you do a good repair, it wont affect the way that it drives either.
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
sobs for Edd too
sorry to see this happen to anyone
glad you walked away from it ok though!
Thanks given by:
Rather apt thread title now I guess?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well you certainly wont have done any major damage, not in such a low speed incident like that...

At worst it will have pushed front of leg down(in front of strut), but i doubt that seriously, if anything will just have pushed bumper mounts back a bit etc, which can be straighened back in time....Ive hit a tree head on with no front end in a field car, and all it did was push front bit of leg down slightly, suspention point etc remained intact, so certainly wont effect the way it drives..

As i said before, get all the wing / bumper etc pulled off, and examine what your left with, fingers crossed / most likely nothing that bad!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Ho faarrk, did a proper job of that mate! Gutted for you, although at least you've got the consolation it wasn't a matter of you running out of talent. Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Holy crap, at least you got out ok. Just makes me think of the airbag thread ruan put up a few days ago though.

From the photos ide say the leg was bent, ive seen less damage on a car i broke and that had a slightly kinked leg, and knowing you even a slight kink isn't good enough.

You do know fooby is going to try steal your ph3 bits now.
[Image: 306oc_zpsf2d249a4.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Tbh I think Ed is that adenoidal he just wanted to prove people wrong and that the airbags do still work whistle

Absolutely gutted for you though mate, I know how much time has been spent talking about the things you had planned, let alone actually doing them lol I'm hoping that things will be repairable!
Thanks given by:
And im not being funny, blessing in disguise and all that. Once repaired you wont be as worried to take it on the track Smile.
Thanks given by:
Nooo, so gutted to see this. Sad Was such a good example.

Hopefully it will all work out ok whatever you decide to do. Would you repair it if the leg was bent or you only going to if it is just panels etc?

Could be a chance to upgrade to a superior colour (black) as well.
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
Shit dude... Feel for ya! Is truly a nice 6. I'm sure looking at that it'll repair! They are as tough as old boots 306's! :grin:
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Damn.... this was one of the nicest ones! Bad luck mate and i would have thought it would have been the fault of the driver pulling out :/ Remember im breaking the 1.4 so ive got a set of crystals, slam panel and a half decent bonnet going cheap. Hopefully youll get this sorted before fcs Tongue
Thanks given by:
Holy shit man! Truly gutted for you!
Like you say, you could have come off a lot worse, buy it hurts seeing your pride and joy like that.
Keep your chin up mate! Sad
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Gutted for ya buddy!! Still at least your ok, car don't look that bad, seen a lot worse repaired in my old job
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
cwspellowe: F Y C! lmao I will claim beer even if i have to jog up backwards rolling on a single cyclone making bwarrp and limiter noises the entire way!!

Cully: Tbh i'd rather have ended up in A&E with a broken something than the damage done in the end Sad i feel like I've killed my best mate (sad as that sounds)

Phil:FYC also!Though I will now admit, full circle it is now rather apt. Just wish the bit where it was fixed had been slightly longer, and more specifically slightly drier so I could've properly used it! I didnt even have any time to tinker with rebound rates!! /adenoids

Darren: Cheers for the advice mate, I'll take a close look on the weekend when I start pulling parts off it; I'll bung some photos up and maybe give you a bell for a catch up too; it's been WAY too long!
I'm rather pleased you don't reckon there's significant damage though, a lot of me wants to get it back on the road rather than stripping it for parts.

Poodle: I always maintained I hate driving this in the wet and pottering in it. If i drive it I always wanted to give it the big un all the way. I'd almost rather I'd gone and done it properly, rather than this shitty small impact at low speeds in shit weather. Least I could've come on here and say "yep, I did it properly, it's on it's lid through a hedge and half a mile into the next field"

Fozz:I know it's almost fate; 1st ruan's airbag thread, then Tuesday evening I decided to fix my permanently blinking airbag light (has been blinking since just after last year's mot - June'11!!), and then on Weds at lunch I read the 4page thread on the '6 forum slating the hell out of parada spec2s in the wet, and then to top it off i had a dream last night that I bought my old dt off Phil for £400! I'm not a superstitious person at all (I generally think its a pile of bollocks!) but even I find that a bit wierd!

Atters: I paid for my 1st trackday at Llandow 2 weeks ago! was gonna start in earnest tracking the hell out of it (money only permitted the Llandow one this year really)! I was literally gurning at the thought of being able to properly use it. Fingers crossed Ill be able to get it in some shape to give it a go!

Alee83; Cheers man, somehow dont think this one'll buff out...? Fingers crossed I can get something sorted for FCS one way or another! Why'd you end up getting rid of the astor?! I loved that car, looked so HAWT Tongue Did you buy your wallye off Pugplus up a proper steep hill in Wales? (Phoenix fireplaces or somesuch company on his white van?)
I went there to look @ a '6, and if so I think I saw your car actually Tongue

AAAND FINALLY!

SRowell, is your 1.4 a ph3? Ie deeper bonnet? Does anyone know if the slam panel will fit mine straight off (assuming i an get it all straightened out 1st (before any of you start!)?

Grant & Jonny: Cheers guys, I'm hoping itll be repairable, and honestly I'd rather have taken some fair injuries than see the car end up like this. call me wierd but thats how I feel. As it is I only got burnt from the airbag and it hit my broken finger which has now swollen back up (think its re-broken it YAAAAY!)
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
the bonnet has a few shallow dents in, the crystals id rather let go as a pair or you should be able to find one cheap enough off ebay. Dec has already taken the front bumper and ive used the wing on mine :/ But yeh ive got crystals, bonnet and slam panel. Ill keep my eye out at local scrappers for the other bits though!
Thanks given by:
Yeah, sold the Astor because after I painted the rear quater, it always bugged me. No one else could see it but me... Also thought I'd save money in a Diesel, which I didn't. (always rapin it to get it to go like the 6:grinSmile

Hope you get yours sorted for fcs. I got the Rallye off a mate near me! Is a minter, and that hill isn't far from my house in Bradford... Smile
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I had damage in the exact same place on my previous 306, so if you want help bending anything back just shout. I've been there and done that lol.

Good luck with it mate, I'll be watching this space eagerly.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
cwspellowe Wrote:I'm going to stick my neck out and say £1 says it's repairable.
Sorry Ed but Chris Ill see that bet.

Looking at the first of Eds photos if you zoom in you can see the front edge of the leg is well down and slightly back and theres possibly gouge marks on the tyre from the bumper mount.

Its worse damaged than the SLDT I bought off Carlos182 and that should of had a new leg as it was about 2-5cm shorter even after trying to pull it out.

Best bet to see if you have serious structural damage is have a look under the bonnet where the wing meets the chassis between the base of the windscreen and the top of the strut and if the wing is lifted off the chassis then you may well have issues as thats a secondary crumple zone. Its got alot of holes drilled through the leg at that point to make sure it deforms in a crash. If it is deformed there Id be worried about taking it on track or properly pushing it in corners afterwards as once the metal starts to go its properly weakened there and your suspension will be out of alignment.
Thanks given by:
This made me so sad when Scott told me earlier Sad Your poor car!

Really hope it all works out okay Ed, whatever you decide/have to do!
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:
cwspellowe Wrote:I'm going to stick my neck out and say £1 says it's repairable.
Sorry Ed but Chris Ill see that bet.

f*ck off, you aren't ALL getting a quid off me!
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Gutted for you mate, looks similar to the damage I had on my Sigma DT. Kris bought that off me and it was a right off.

But I honestly cant stop thinking that the thread title is actually true! Lol
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
f*ck it, chop it out and mid-mount a V6, spaceframe the front on double wishbones, don't need the chassis legs then.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
just read this and it sucks..

if you need a hand with anything let me know..
Thanks given by:
If its of any interest ed there is a Diablo xsi in Harris breakers I could get a decent price for you?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Know what you mean mate, brings back memories of the first time i stuffed the champagne. Would have felt better if i'd f*cked up one of the hairy overtakes, but no, it had to be pootling into the back of someone at a roundabout... :roll:
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
It really is gutting to be honest, still really sad to have seen this happen! PE2s on the road in future, save the dry weather rubber for the track!
Thanks given by:
Gutted for you, I really hope you get it sorted. If I could help I would, but I'm a bit far away :roll:
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
On a brighter note, if its bend the leg towards the right at all, that could be the difference between a gt30 and fitting in a gt48.....

Let's get the prioritys sorted here....

You know it makes sence Wink
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diablo GTi6 restoration Joep83 2 2,243 27-09-2018, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Joep83
  Foobys PH2 Diablo GTi6 Project Fooby 112 40,233 08-01-2016, 09:19 PM
Last Post: Jonny81191