6 in for mot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6 in for mot
Got cat and lambda sensor for £40 delivered and bought new inlet manifold gasket aswel. Will clean the icv and throttle boddies. Surely take the results down a good bit. Just hope they go down enought to pass
Thanks given by:
(09-06-2013, 04:39 PM)306cab Wrote:
(06-06-2013, 09:47 AM)Curt Wrote: Yes... because your MOT station has decided so. It's still down to discretion of the tester!

Its 100% part of the mot, No discretion at all

(06-06-2013, 12:58 PM)Curt Wrote: Also, I'd much rather have a tester "not do their job" and pass my car with an air bag light than mr pedantic. I know my car well enough to know it's safe, just need it legal.

How do you know its safe with an airbag light on ? How do you know the airbag will inflate in an accident ?

Legal.... If the police pulled a car over and noticed an airbag light on would they then give the driver a producer ?

I can't believe this is still being argued. No, it may not be down to discretion in the rule book... but as it's down to each INDIVIDUAL to make the decision in different garages, it is! Otherwise, how are some people saying that theirs passed and others haven't? That's lies then is it? How about my car that has passed it's MOT recently with the light on?

Because I know exactly why my airbag light is on. Not that I have to justify it, it's on because I fitted leathers and the plug on the new drivers seat was broken. So it needs soldering together. Which is my choice to drive as is, as it's MY car.

As for the penalty for getting pulled over... Guess what? DISCRETION.
Thanks given by: