306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: 6 in for mot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My 6 is away in for mot. I know ill need the airbag light sorted which I know can be a pain. But I also has a slight leak in my inlet manifold gasket. Does anyone know if it will fail mot for that as iv never had inlet manifold gasket leak. Will get it sorted soon as but mot is due this week
Shouldn't fail on either of them
Air bag light will fail but inlet manifold leak shouldn't
Inlet might, It depends on what it does to the emissions
I know airbag lights a fail nowadays but I know a car sparky that can make it work Wink for £80.
Do you have any idea why the air bag light is on? You got an after market steering wheel? Cuz its usally just the connections under the seats that play up
(05-06-2013, 08:54 PM)miles Wrote: [ -> ]Inlet might, It depends on what it does to the emissions

This. Any air being take in after the map sensor isnt accounted for by the ecu so may put your fuelling right out depending on the size of the leak.
Airbag light is on because car was involved in accident with previous owner
(05-06-2013, 08:48 PM)Frosty Wrote: [ -> ]Air bag light will fail but inlet manifold leak shouldn't

(05-06-2013, 08:58 PM)Billyjames1987 Wrote: [ -> ]I know airbag lights a fail nowadays but I know a car sparky that can make it work Wink for £80.

Put the XSI in for MOT last month and it was only an advisory ThumbsUp

If yours was involoved in an accident prob just wants the airbag control box replacing
Yeah airbag light is a fail, cant even take the bulb out anymore because they need to see it light up when the ignition is switched on :/ and what niall said about your manifold leak
It's still down to discretion so no one can say it will fail on it... but as said the air leak could screw the emissions
(06-06-2013, 09:40 AM)Curt Wrote: [ -> ]It's still down to discretion so no one can say it will fail on it... but as said the air leak could screw the emissions

I work in an mot centre and all cars that come in with a warning light on the dashboard, fail straight away :p sorrry haha
Yes... because your MOT station has decided so. It's still down to discretion of the tester!
(06-06-2013, 09:47 AM)Curt Wrote: [ -> ]Yes... because your MOT station has decided so. It's still down to discretion of the tester!

It is in the MOT rules now. If the air bag light is on it fails. If a tester passes it then they aren't doing their job right
Yes, there are many things in the "rules". But it is still down to the tester to decide! It's also in the rules that an exhaust can't be too loud... how is that decided? Discretion!

Also, I'd much rather have a tester "not do their job" and pass my car with an air bag light than mr pedantic. I know my car well enough to know it's safe, just need it legal.
But if the light is on it fails. The tester can pass itifI they want but like I said there not doing it right. Comparing it to an exhaust being loud that is more like something the tester can decide on cuz I duno if there is any way to test it apart from what the tester decides.

But I agree with you at the end of the day it is all down to the tester
That was my point lol
Well will find out tomorrow if it failed or not
Dead easy to get around light's, Just rig up some veroboard (PCB) and a small timer circuit, Cost's a few pence
Well failed quite badly. Need some welding, new cat, new lambda sensor, airbag light, inner cv boot and a few bulbs
What needs welding? Chassis rail near the subframe mounting?
Yes. How you guess that
Because they all go there. People think its a good jacking point but it splits the weld and lets water in and hey presto, rust! Thats what my last 306 died of!
Well car won't be moving again until it welded. Just need to source a cat and lambda sensor
Sure its cat and lambda? Could be that air leak throwing off the emissions as said above?
My friend is a mechanic. He fixes up old cars and he said he pretty sure it cat due to how bad if failed emissions test
Here is my emissions fail results

Co level at o rpm = 3.62% vol fail
Hc level at 0 rpm = 237 ppm fail
Co2 level at 0 rpm = 9.41% vol
02 level at 0 rpm = 4.83% vol
Lambda at 0 rpm = 1.12 fail
Oil temp at 0rpm = 19 degree
N0x level at 0 rpm = --- ppm

Anyone know what throwing emissions out?
even de-cat'd the emission's are well below that, try the sensor and air leak first
(08-06-2013, 11:11 PM)miles Wrote: [ -> ]even de-cat'd the emission's are well below that, try the sensor and air leak first

This.
Mine had a test with the decat last week and was well under your figures
(06-06-2013, 09:47 AM)Curt Wrote: [ -> ]Yes... because your MOT station has decided so. It's still down to discretion of the tester!

Its 100% part of the mot, No discretion at all

(06-06-2013, 12:58 PM)Curt Wrote: [ -> ]Also, I'd much rather have a tester "not do their job" and pass my car with an air bag light than mr pedantic. I know my car well enough to know it's safe, just need it legal.

How do you know its safe with an airbag light on ? How do you know the airbag will inflate in an accident ?

Legal.... If the police pulled a car over and noticed an airbag light on would they then give the driver a producer ?
Pages: 1 2