About Bloody Time TOO!!!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About Bloody Time TOO!!!!!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22770064

FINALLY!

I suppose it's all wishful thinking at the end of the day; as the article says, it relies on the traffic officers to enforce the new law, but at least its a step in the right direction for a change....
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
maybe they need to fix the big feckin ruts the lorrys leave! before im in the first lane
on the M5 round here its like tram lines and when it rains the lines are dangerous rivers ready to throw you off the road
Thanks given by:
lol completely forgot I changed your username, I was so confused when I saw it
Thanks given by:
(05-06-2013, 07:24 AM)cully Wrote: maybe they need to fix the big feckin ruts the lorrys leave! before im in the first lane
on the M5 round here its like tram lines and when it rains the lines are dangerous rivers ready to throw you off the road

you say tramlines, I say lane assist Tongue

(05-06-2013, 07:29 AM)Scott Wrote: lol completely forgot I changed your username, I was so confused when I saw it

I know, it's frigging annoying as I have to manually log in on the work computer, and I ALWAYS have to log in twice as the first time my username is wrong!! Bastard!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Was about to post this exact thread lol. Sucks for me though, no longer will I be able to make great time at rush hour by sitting in the inside lane. Sad
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Reginald lmao "i bet it's something pretentious....."

anyway, yeh, was speaking to the tap about this after seeing it on the news this morning; it's going to be difficult for officers to patrol unless they're following these "lane hoggers" for a fair while (10/15 minutes) as often people sit there to overtake cars in front, then it's under debate as to how long staying in that lane, is too long, without giving the excuse, i was waiting to over take that car a mile ahead..
Then it's under question as to whether or not the police force, as scarce as it seems, is being used effectively as to prosecute a few people on the motorway, causing anger more than anything to other drivers, not always danger..
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Just another way for them to make ££ not free up traffic officers time, problem will be what they think counts as lane hogging.
Click to see how smokey is doing Tongue ----> Project Smokey
Thanks given by:
I pull in front of them. Give them a blast of coal... They soon change lane

Or

Do laps of them haha out round the fast lane. Across and slow down then repeat haha see how many you can do
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(05-06-2013, 09:19 AM)4WayDiablo Wrote: Do laps of them haha out round the fast lane. Across and slow down then repeat haha see how many you can do

Haha never thought of that!!! Good idea!
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
good idea in theory . . . .will suck in reality, it'll be Ed or me getting a ticket from some over zealous lady garden of an officer who's having a bad day and i do hate middle lane hoggers . .lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Great idea as its a ticket that people can just pay rather than if you prosecute them automatically having to go to court.

I wouldn't worry about being able to prove it, should be quite easy. "The accused had been traveling in the middle lane of x road for x distance and for that entire the nearside lane was empty, clear and safe to travel in, there was no reason not to use it and the accused was causing a queue of traffic waiting to overtake" Point proved no?

I think the more interesting thing is that the fine for no insurance is going up to £300 so it'll hit people just a little bit more when they get caught. Shame the fine for no licence isn't the same.
Thanks given by:
(05-06-2013, 09:56 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I think the more interesting thing is that the fine for no insurance is going up to £300 so it'll hit people just a little bit more when they get caught. Shame the fine for no licence isn't the same.

I agree it needs to go up but still only at 300 it still makes it more inviting for first time drivers not get insurance I've seen younguns getting quoted thousands. Literally.
Risk paying 300
Or pay 3,000
Both ways you'll get nothing back
And most times the 'insurance' isn't worth the paper its written on
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah totally and you could drive round for months with no insurance and not get caught especially if someone else was insured on the car so it didn't set off the ANPR cameras.

Having the car seized helps as thats £150 plus having to get insurance to get it back.

Its the same with no licence though, its currently 3 points and £60 but if you lie and get insurance on the car your unlikely to get caught as you wont set off any cameras and you can get 12 points on your provisional or licence that you do not have before you get disqualified and as it probably costs about £1500 to learn to drive wheres the point.
Thanks given by:
Haha my favourite game is sliding quietly up the inside as we approach a junction, then blasting the horn when they inevitably try to move across at the last moment, shits them up and makes them go an extra junction up the motorway as a bonus. lol

And those who are saying theyre only doing it because the guy in front is doing it, I think youre probably part of the target market lol. Wink
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
it's just one of those things where it seems to me it will be the coppers word against yours, personally i don't like giving them that kind of power, even though i've no fear of getting done legitimately . . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Can see your point tbf, but just remember you're innocent until proven guilty, they have to provide adequate evidence of your guilt. If you dont reckon they can do it just appeal and watch them squirm.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Most cop/traffic cop cars have video cams though don't they? I would imagine they'd just have to submit the footage of joe bloggs driving in the middle lane for 20 mins etc..
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(05-06-2013, 03:29 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Most cop/traffic cop cars have video cams though don't they? I would imagine they'd just have to submit the footage of joe bloggs driving in the middle lane for 20 mins etc..

yeah fair point, well if they have to film you to fine you then i've no objection as i don't partake in being a middle lane hogging twat . .Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Well I for one am glad, I'm sick of the inconsiderate twats...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Don't see why they don't put snipers on motorway gantrys, bullets are cheaper than sending people to court and much more of a deterrent.
Thanks given by:
I would of thought you will only be fined of your causing disruption to the flow of the traffic by sitting in the middle of the road. I come across loads of them on my late night call outs doing 65 on the middle lane with no other cars for miles. No hassle for me. Just hop out to the outside lane and drive past and back to the inside. Done. But if someone is doing it on the m25 at rush hour, they deserve a fine. Yesterday I was driving round the m25 actually able to do 70 for once and there was one old boy in a matiz in the outside lane doing 60. Kt caused utter chaos!

Also, I bet it will be at coppers discression. Not based on a set mileage. And for those of you saying you hate the idea of cops having more power like this, a lot of laws are at discression!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Everyone is saying this is a good thing, but if youre in the middle lane doing 70mph who are you holding up? Only people that are speeding, which is alot more likely to cause an accident than someone thats sat in the middle lane for a while.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(05-06-2013, 05:34 PM)PE02KHG Wrote: Everyone is saying this is a good thing, but if youre in the middle lane doing 70mph who are you holding up? Only people that are speeding, which is alot more likely to cause an accident than someone thats sat in the middle lane for a while.

No your wrong mate, speed on its own isn't dangerous, its inappropriate speed that is a problem.

Apparently the average speed on UK motorways is about 85mph but yet they are the safest type of road to travel on. The problem is alot of peoples observations, they need to lift their vision and see the traffic half a mile away has slowed/stopped and take action early but if people weren't lane hogging then there would be less traffic hold ups meaning less accidents.

Alot of it is swings and roundabouts. If people were better drivers then the government might let them drive faster but if the government just let people drive faster then maybe they would have to become better drivers.
Thanks given by:
Good idea, I'll be f*cked on the motorways now haha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Personally think it's a good thing. The fine for using a handheld device is up to £100 now too. TBH the most annoying thing about lane hoggers, especially outside lane hoggers, is that when you inevitably have to undertake Oldboy Mcrover75 I always have the nagging fear i'll be the one pulled over for undertaking.

There should be an unlimited fine for people not using indicators though. And i mean unlimited.

Unfortunately there's a long way to go to keep retarded drivers off the streets...
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I think this is great, but can't help feeling that there's gonna be some interesting discussions with the police. I often drive in the middle lane when there's very little traffic other than trucks, and they're often a way apart. however I do tend to pull over if someone comes up behind me, although in that instance it's hard to say whether or not they should infact pull out as there's an empty lane with no other traffic.

But yeah, middle lane hoggers get treated to my airhorns and all the lights, followed by all the coal (if I had an XUD). Bellends.

Edit. Gotta agree with Cully though, the tramlines left by trucks are f*cking LETHAL in the wet!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(05-06-2013, 07:51 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: TBH the most annoying thing about lane hoggers, especially outside lane hoggers, is that when you inevitably have to undertake Oldboy Mcrover75 I always have the nagging fear i'll be the one pulled over for undertaking.

This has happened to me before on more than one occasion. The funnier one was a line of outside lane hogs that included a police car, they were all doing 40, I wasn't (70 limit). Asked me why id undertaken them, told them i hate people who clog up the middle and outside lane, they tried telling me undertaking is illegal and i pointed out that your allowed to undertaking slow moving traffic then asked me why i was in such a hurry to which i told them i wasn't and they left.

I think the scarier thing with undertaking people is when they move over with you next to them, had that happen and it scared the shit out of me cos i had nowhere to go. I wont undertake now unless I have an escape.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I'll often undertake rows of traffic along with everyone else in the middle lane, whilst the outside lane is bumper to bumper, 90mph to 50mph all the time, and lots of heavy braking. Yeah. f*ck being involved in THAT. Accident waiting to happen IMO
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Now how true this is i dont know because it was my driving instructor told me and he was a cock and knew nothing but its only technically undertaking if you move into the left hand lane, accelerate past a car to the right of you then pull back in in front of said car. If your just in the left hand lane and are driving past a car to the right of you because that lane of traffic is generally moving slower, there is no issue with that unless of course your using inappropriate speed.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(05-06-2013, 07:51 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: There should be an unlimited fine for people not using indicators though. And i mean unlimited.

Dragged through the streets naked behind a horse with the shits if I was PM...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's only bloody Friday!!!! Dum-Dum 22 4,038 27-09-2014, 07:35 AM
Last Post: cully
  Bloody bodgers lolsteve 13 2,218 19-09-2014, 05:03 PM
Last Post: C.A.R.
  bloody sods law! procta 5 1,332 13-09-2014, 07:22 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard