Project Truck Turbo MkII, gathering dust

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project Truck Turbo MkII, gathering dust
Is that Ray's flat bed I spy? Got any 1.2's for sale fella? Deffo need to pop and see this soon!!
Thanks given by:
(23-05-2013, 07:52 PM)Eskiiboi Wrote: Is that Ray's flat bed I spy? Got any 1.2's for sale fella? Deffo need to pop and see this soon!!

haha yeah its ray, you know him?

the other set of 1.2's are already sold to sean

oh yeah, feel free to come over anytime, can have a go at getting the oil line out if you want Wink haha
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Whats happening with the old shell? Not scrapping I hope? Would be a waste of what looks like a very good phase one shell..
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(23-05-2013, 10:31 PM)Ben Wrote: Whats happening with the old shell? Not scrapping I hope? Would be a waste of what looks like a very good phase one shell..

its getting scrapped unless someone wants it Sad

i contemplated putting it back to standard and selling it, but that would mean having to buy standard parts, fix the headgasket and tax it to make it sellable, doing that plus the time it would need to do so would far exceed what I could sell a slightly dented 5 door for, even if it is bianca Sad
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(23-05-2013, 07:55 PM)ozonehostile Wrote:
(23-05-2013, 07:52 PM)Eskiiboi Wrote: Is that Ray's flat bed I spy? Got any 1.2's for sale fella? Deffo need to pop and see this soon!!

haha yeah its ray, you know him?

the other set of 1.2's are already sold to sean

oh yeah, feel free to come over anytime, can have a go at getting the oil line out if you want Wink haha

Haha I know of him because of his flat bed :p

Aww mannnn Sad

Haha I think I'll pass on the oil line. I'm happy to be there making motivational comments though lol
Thanks given by:
Haha yeah, if your bored one evening drop me a message, Il likely be there most evenings and weekends.
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
What's going to be left on the white shell? Very interested don't scrap! Love that shell haha
Silver Five Door D-Tuurbo'! More Doors More Whores y0! Wink
Thanks given by:
(25-05-2013, 09:55 AM)RhysBoost Wrote: What's going to be left on the white shell? Very interested don't scrap! Love that shell haha

probably not a great amount as i intended to keep the doors as spares for the sedan knowing what a pain it is trying to find bianca panels thesedays, il be removing the front suspension and engine and dashboard to remove the heater motor behind.

oh yeah, and ive cut a big hole in the boot floor to get the battery box out lol
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Lol if doors were there and that I would have had it and done a transfer from my phase 2
Thanks given by:
My phase one shell will have smoothed doors but like this shell not much else.

Have fun with the reshell.
Thanks given by:
(25-05-2013, 12:43 PM)RhysBoost Wrote: Lol if doors were there and that I would have had it and done a transfer from my phase 2

tbh one of the reasons for the reshell in the first place was the bianca was getting a bit rough around the edges, dent on the roof, resprayed quarter panel Sad

its a shame but the car served its purpose
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Yes it is, was a very nice car! White phase 1 five doors are win!
Thanks given by:
I think the thing il miss the most about the bianca was the number plate M128 LAA, just really like it for some reason lol
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Day 4:
cleaned up the frankenpump
[Image: IMAG0025_zps3f9b2585.jpg]

degreased the engine bay with the strongest stuff i could get my hands on, ate straight through the muck, a good blast with the steamcleaner at some point should see it looking like new Smile
[Image: IMAG0028_zps93323f9d.jpg]

stripped a few more engine parts off the bianca, the rad really was knackered, it pretty much crumbled when i poked it with a screwdriver
[Image: IMAG0030_zpse6cda500.jpg]

then spent the remainder of my day stripping the loom to the bare essentials to save a bit more weight and made a start on chipping the remaining sound deadening stuff off the floor, hate that tar shit, so time consuming to remove
[Image: IMAG0027_zps547b4db1.jpg]
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Blow torch and scraper on the tar shit mate & any shinies for sale of the bianca?
Thanks given by:
(26-05-2013, 12:03 AM)RhysBoost Wrote: Blow torch and scraper on the tar shit mate & any shinies for sale of the bianca?

I find that chisel and hammer is the easiest way, heat just seems to make it stick more, just need to get all the tar off then thinners to remove the residue Smile

99% of parts off the bianca are been transferred or kept as spares, only things i can see myself not needing are a nissens alloy phase 2/3 radiator, phase 1 bianca bootlid, phase 3 rear light clusters with phase 1 wiring, phase 1 and a phase 3 rear wiper motor, lowered drum beam and some hdi brakes off the sedan once i swap them over for the gti ones off mkI

oh and maybe a 9mm bosch pump with lines and injectors
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Why a 9mm? That pump in the pic doesn't look like my old one?
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(26-05-2013, 12:30 AM)Jenkosowls Wrote: Why a 9mm? That pump in the pic doesn't look like my old one?

ive got a few 9mm stashed away, could do with selling one to make some cash to spend on the reshell, it is your old pump just with a different lda cap as the cap and pin off the 11mm are temporarily in the sedan as an experiment Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Looks like you've thrown yourself into this mate!!!

Heat gun with blade attachment on the end for the soundproofing!

Looking good though mate! What have you got for suspension?
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(26-05-2013, 07:42 AM)Tallguy_2 Wrote: Looks like you've thrown yourself into this mate!!!

Heat gun with blade attachment on the end for the soundproofing!

Looking good though mate! What have you got for suspension?

cheers mate Smile ive got a hybrid rear beam with baker bm solid mounts and adjustable shocks at the rear, for the front il just be sticking on my ta tech coilovers until i can afford some AVO's, got roller bearing wishbones on the way and some powerflex bushes for good measure

should be pretty well sorted handling wise with hardly any weight and such a stiff chassis Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
day 5:
spent all afternoon removing manifolds off the bianca, been pretty held up by how well I put them on originally, cue breaker bars with 5ft scaffolding pole extension Big Grin

feeling constructive today and want to start putting things together rather than apart, so just popped home to grab a sandwich and a few cans then heading back to the workshop for an all nighter.

pictures later if I'm still awake by the time I come home again.

/living for the 306
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Day 5.5:

left the workshop at 5am, lost track of time slightly haha

anyway, as a result of the nights efforts the turbo is now ready to be transferred to the new engine, I had to bite the bullet with regards to the seized oil lines and cut them, defiantly have to make a braided line now.

started off fitting solid linkages as ive had them for ages but so far have been unable to fit due to a massive bloody turbo in the way, so took the opportunity
[Image: IMAG0037_zps99b0d283.jpg]

fitted the oil catch tank and made a bracket to mount the heater plug relay on since the battery is no longer in the engine bay, made a new pipe to the tank to replace the scabby rubber hose
[Image: IMAG0038_zps46a4e4ae.jpg]

turbo and manifolds came off the bianca leaving it looking a bit bare and sorry for itself Sad
[Image: IMAG0036_zps97af0fc0.jpg]

exhaust manifold mounted up with the usual back problems and cut hands, replaced all the studs and nuts from the standard setup with heat treated bolts, makes future removal 10x quicker and less annoying
[Image: IMAG0041_zps0e13ddb6.jpg]

then the new inlet manifold and polished rocker cover
[Image: IMAG0043_zps6eb90630.jpg]

which lead to an interesting issue, I had loads of clearance before but for some reason the manifold now touches the brake servo, not quite sure what to do about that, anyone else had this issue?
[Image: IMAG0042_zps45d6b6d8.jpg]

spent a couple of hours re-routing water hoses and modifying bits with the angle grinder to work around the hottest bits of the turbo setup, now thats left to do with regards to plumbing is tidying it all up and fitting the new rad
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Making nice progress Zakkie Wink

Looking forward on the next pictures mate!
[Image: DSC_5848Custom_zps75885397.jpg]
Thanks given by:
fair play you don't hang about mate haha
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Slide engine / box over to the right on the slots on the transmission mount, wont hit the brakes then, can grind a bit off for extra clearance to.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Very annoying that manifold issue! What Darren said will get you a couple of mm though. You can get shorter manifolds as a better long term solution. I've got one but when I got round to fitting it realised the mating faces were badly warped Sad
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Il have a go at sliding the engine over on the mount and see how much room that gives me, il replace the bottom mount with a solid one too to prevent the engine rocking backwards and rubbing it again. cheers for that darren Smile

Really in the project state of mind currently, just cant wait to get it on the road again with the new shinies, really annoying that I have to go to work every day, would much rather be in the man shed, perhaps after payday il book a week off and try getting the whole lot done in one go
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Love the dedication dude! I was just starting work when you were just finishing Big Grin
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(27-05-2013, 10:18 AM)Tom Wrote: Love the dedication dude! I was just starting work when you were just finishing Big Grin

I didnt even see the dark last night haha, went in at 6pm came out again at 5am
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Awesome man loving the progress Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DeeC’s 306 VNT Turbo Build / Show Car Project darrencurry0808 63 23,151 30-12-2020, 01:45 PM
Last Post: darrencurry0808
  306 XND to D-turbo track car project Sfin01 0 1,761 01-01-2019, 02:10 AM
Last Post: Sfin01
  Project- 306 2.0 8v Turbo PUGNUT_XS 243 127,191 13-12-2018, 08:32 PM
Last Post: Joep83