headgasket or f*cked bottom end? HELP

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
headgasket or f*cked bottom end? HELP
Honestly, my first ever HG was on an XUD, they're so simple to work on.

Of course Puggie will call me a liar because his head's up his arse and he thinks because he's older he knows better, but that's generally how pensioners think these days.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Wink
Is he the new piggy? He seems to have piped down a bit haha
Thanks given by:
Probably settled down in front of the fire with a blanket for the night lmao

We don't need two Piggy's. One was bad enough.
Thanks given by:
(18-05-2013, 08:32 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: LOL! Wrong on so many facts? Trust me, i've blown enough XUD headgaskets to know one when I see one. And if you're referring to experience, i'd love to know what you've done that at least one of us on here hasn't done before with these engines.

To be honest, if your blowing headgaskets like that, your doing something wrong.

Ive been running XUDS for 6 years, with boost upwards of 60psi, and to this date, have only personally killed 1 XUD headgasket, and that was purely self inflicted...

Unless you cook these motors, they WONT pop the gasket, hell, you can friggin lift the head on stock studs, blow the rad in two from air, and still just bolt it down tighter and drash on with the same gasket no bother....
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(18-05-2013, 10:26 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote:
(18-05-2013, 08:32 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: LOL! Wrong on so many facts? Trust me, i've blown enough XUD headgaskets to know one when I see one. And if you're referring to experience, i'd love to know what you've done that at least one of us on here hasn't done before with these engines.

To be honest, if your blowing headgaskets like that, your doing something wrong.

Ive been running XUDS for 6 years, with boost upwards of 60psi, and to this date, have only personally killed 1 XUD headgasket, and that was purely self inflicted...

Unless you cook these motors, they WONT pop the gasket, hell, you can friggin lift the head on stock studs, blow the rad in two from air, and still just bolt it down tighter and drash on with the same gasket no bother....

Yes, I was doing something wrong Darren. Once from running it with no coolant, and once from rushing and not skimming the head on the rebuild. But see once you've made mistakes.. you learn. Just like with how I killed turbos in quick succession. And funnily enough once you've seen the symptoms of a badly blown headgasket you can spot one a mile off.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MLS headgasket enquiries. 205dtub 14 3,993 18-02-2015, 11:56 PM
Last Post: vinny
  Is it f*cked? Nathan1305 20 6,247 28-01-2015, 09:37 PM
Last Post: Nathan1305
  Headgasket failure? AdamInNi 3 1,317 31-08-2014, 10:16 PM
Last Post: AdamInNi