absolute arse to start

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
absolute arse to start
Recently changed my engine over the weekend.... and now its a arse to start.... once running its fine, but its getting it to start.

It cranks over fine, but if i let the plugs warm up then turn the key, it will turn over for about 15 seconds, start up for a split second and then die.

On the other hand, if i use the hand primer, then crank it over, it takes about 10 seconds to start, but once started it ticks over quite happilly

I dont know Sad

Also my battery light is on, but the alternator is charging my battery at just over 14v

Any help appreciated, thanks
Thanks given by:
Check for air leaks on the fuel lines and double check all your inlet/return fuel piping.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
as the ginger ninja say it will be a air leak in a fuel line somewhere

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Thanks.... could leak off pipes do this ?
Thanks given by:
Not so much, also, you'll see fuel pissed around the head/injectors
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Try temporarily connecting up a hose directly into the intake of the fuel pump and then sticking that into some diesel. This will help eliminate/prove any air leaks in the lines before the fuel pump.
Thanks given by:
Fixed it Smile thanks guys.... but it was my fault lol i stayed up 45 hours over the weekend to get it done, and my tiredness caused me to connect the glowplug wire to alternator, and alternator wire to glow plugs.... i feel like a bit of a tit, but atleast its sorted Smile

Just gotta figure out a decent way to pipe up the fmic, as the way it is at the minute is a bit of a rough job, as i cant fit an air filter -.-
Thanks given by: