ph2 drum on to ph3 estate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ph2 drum on to ph3 estate
My beam on the state is solid and i just can get it apart and its cambering like a bitcg. so it needs to come off for a rebuild and lowering. this will prob take a couple weeks doing it in my spare time and cant afford to havr the car off the road sooooo

can any one see any braking issues with fitting a ph2 DT ABS drum beam with the brake load valve removed? obviously it will be as sloppy as hell with DT TBs in it but im not worried about that . just the brakes???

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Well the HDi will have ABS so i can't see it being an issue tbh
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Was going to say if its an abs car and abs beam i cant see there being an issue. But i dont know what im on about.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Thing im concerend with is that a ph2 ABS system is different from a ph3 system . The ph3 has some sort of trick to it where it can stop the back end locking up with out the load valve where as ph2 needs the load valve to operate correctly. so is this in the beam or in the ABS unit its self? if its in the beam it self obv the ph2 one isnt going to have it and could couse issue?

Thanks given by:
Slam it on there and pull the fuse out of the abs, then drive a bit slower while you sort the other beam?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Is a good option Jonny . but if i can/ it will work as it should i like to do that as my 1st option

so if i cant find the answer i will just do that

Thanks given by:
I'd assume it's the ABS pump J, i didn't think that PH3 had the load sensing valve tbh
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(10-05-2013, 12:19 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: I'd assume it's the ABS pump J, i didn't think that PH3 had the load sensing valve tbh

They didn't , hence taking it off to fit it to the state Big Grin

Thanks given by:
Take the lines off the ph3 beam and fit them onto the ph2 beam. That way, the load sensor is bypassed properly.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
That's what iv basically done as it is currently fitted to a non abs ph1 , glad I didn't cut the ABS plugs off now lol

Thanks given by:
The EBD (electronic brakeforce distribution) is purely electronic, so is in the abs ecu itself and nothing to do with the beam.

But I'm not sure if the drum sensors would be compatible. If they are I can't see there being a problem. If they're not, the abs won't work anyway, so nor will the EBD.
Thanks given by:
will that effect the ABS on the front calipers if the rears arnt working?

Thanks given by:
Yes, the abs would completely stop work working on all brakes, it will just let the brakes work as if there was no ABS at all.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Drum brakes Niall 3 1,423 01-03-2012, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Niall