Drum brakes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drum brakes
Birds mot is coming up on her 206 and she leaves it till now to tell me about a few problems!
Main problem is brakes. She put the handbrake on and got out and so did I. As I did I lent on the b pillar and pushed the car back. After reminding her to put the handbrake on I realised she had. I then told her to MTFU and put it on properly but to put it on all the way, the handbrake is almost vertical!
Next thing is when I took it for a burn (how disappointing is it that the 1.4s only go to 5.5k?) is one of the rear drums is sticking. Now I've never had a car with drums that I've had to do brake work on so I'm a bit useless! What could be causing the sticking? Is it just going to be a case of taking them apart and freeing everything up or will it be a case of a new slave cylinder?
Cheers guys
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
5.5k?

Tart, 6200...
Could be slave cylinder, probably more likely to be a sticking self adjuster, hence the handbrake coming all the way up the ratchet. Well adjust drums should engage by 2 clicks and hold rock solid with 4-5.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Rippthrough Wrote:5.5k?

Tart, 6200...
Could be slave cylinder, probably more likely to be a sticking self adjuster, hence the handbrake coming all the way up the ratchet. Well adjust drums should engage by 2 clicks and hold rock solid with 4-5.

Ah will have a play with it at the weekend.
I must say, them 1.4s don't go too bad for what they are! Nice and easy to work on too
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adjusted drum brakes, now they're stuck - help! heyitsroth 5 1,248 28-05-2016, 07:16 PM
Last Post: heyitsroth
  Gti6 brakes on front, drum on rear MarkHam 5 1,792 13-04-2014, 10:54 PM
Last Post: Mattcheese31
  ph2 drum on to ph3 estate puglove 12 2,842 11-05-2013, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Toms306