chris_90 106 derv project xsi rep, turbo NAD ;)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
chris_90 106 derv project xsi rep, turbo NAD ;)
spray paint on the doorcards? bodgetastic!
Thanks given by:
Please can we swap cars at a show or something?

I'll even clean the 205 up for you, and chuck in some gti bumpers! pweeeeeeeeeeeaese!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(09-07-2013, 05:22 PM)ADV_93 Wrote: Those seats are actually amazing! Looking great so far pal!

They are quite nice but a little on the small side...... We'll my arse is to big for them anyway lol still make the car look so much better so there staying Smile

(09-07-2013, 06:19 PM)Luhoer Wrote: spray paint on the doorcards? bodgetastic!

lol it is a bodge was just temporary till I can find some propa door cards but every one that has seen them said I should just leave them on cos they look fine, so think there staying.

(09-07-2013, 06:27 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Please can we swap cars at a show or something?

I'll even clean the 205 up for you, and chuck in some gti bumpers! pweeeeeeeeeeeaese!

As I said in one of other post would love to get back in to something with boost, but this car has saved me so much money in fuel and insurance it will be staying for the foreseeable future Wink but if it does come up for sale I would be interested in the 205 Big Grin

Thanks given by:
It's come a long way this mate, looking really well
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(14-07-2013, 11:03 AM)Danny2009 Wrote: It's come a long way this mate, looking really well

Thanks mate quite bored of this car now the not sure how much longer I will be keeping it Undecided

What do you guys think it's worth as it is??

71,000miles
Tax till Aug
Mot till Dec

Odd rattle here and there to be expected from a lowered Car, few dings here and there think that's it tbh.

Thanks given by:
nooooo!

cant get rid....get it boosted and you will love it again! plus veg juice for the running min costs!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(14-07-2013, 07:22 PM)Piggy Wrote: nooooo!

cant get rid....get it boosted and you will love it again! plus veg juice for the running min costs!

It's got lucus pump so not had veg in it, some people have run veg on lucus 106's but I'm not risking it. I have got a turbo that I bought today but carnt justify turboing it and risk blowing it up. I love the epic mpg's saves me loads but just wish I had that bit more power. But I've done every think I can to this now apart from different engine.

Tbh it's not defo up for sale just want to see what people think it's worth as it is

Thanks given by:
I meant xud turbo, plus bosch = boost and veg juice!

know what ya mean about mpgs though, wife just got 73mpg in her 106nad from last fill
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(14-07-2013, 07:33 PM)Piggy Wrote: I meant xud turbo, plus bosch = boost and veg juice!

know what ya mean about mpgs though, wife just got 73mpg in her 106nad from last fill

Oh yer would love to do that, but would mean I need another 2 cars 1 donar and one for a daily while I did the conversion, just haven't got the room to keep them all. I got 54mpg on last fill up but that's constant stop start round town, I got 67.7mpg on a run to Essex and back when I first got it. Just depends how you drive it but never had less than 50mpg

Thanks given by:
if you got a 306...ripped all bits/engine out...scrap the shell in same day.
then collect few other bits:
FMIC
205 1.8d drive shafts
custom engine top mount
406 gearshift cables/links
bigger brakes.
a grinder

then get a BBQ and some beers and we will all come along and do it in a day!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(14-07-2013, 08:06 PM)Piggy Wrote: if you got a 306...ripped all bits/engine out...scrap the shell in same day.
then collect few other bits:
FMIC
205 1.8d drive shafts
custom engine top mount
406 gearshift cables/links
bigger brakes.
a grinder

then get a BBQ and some beers and we will all come along and do it in a day!

Sounds like a plan!
Thanks given by:
I doubt it be that simple tbh, if it was that simple more people would have done it. Might look in to it again, just need to fall in love with the car again first

Thanks given by:
its not far off matey.

add lump hammer to the list n some exhaust paste!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Pfft, you CANNOT blow these cars up. I lifted the head on the nad today, lost loads of coolant, torqued the head back down and she's been reet ever since
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(14-07-2013, 08:31 PM)Piggy Wrote: its not far off matey.

add lump hammer to the list n some exhaust paste!!

I dont belive it is, as some people say them bits fit some say they dont and need modifing so it will be trial and error all way though the build. Its something to look in to but just not got the mind for all that work custom makeing every thing.

Have been thinking about the 1.6 16v but that wouldnt be practical for a daily car with shocking mpg...... Just have to have a good think but at the min lost all love for the car

(14-07-2013, 09:43 PM)samass Wrote: Pfft, you CANNOT blow these cars up. I lifted the head on the nad today, lost loads of coolant, torqued the head back down and she's been reet ever since

You may have saved it this time but i think its only a matter of time before it goes bang lol. Thing is how i see it is your not bothered if it goes bang were as i would be massively worried about it blowing up and if i kill it im stuffed as i dont have the spare cash to go and buy a new car.... and fixing it (engine change) would take a few days meaning i would be out of work for them days Undecided

Thanks given by:
how easy are these to turbo? as their engine bays are smaller than the rover metro. some of the metro lads just say squeeze the turbo in at the front of the car. the engine they use is the kseries turbo from the rover 75.
Thanks given by:
yeah but the exhaust mani is at the back, between bulkhead and block
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(15-07-2013, 11:00 AM)procta Wrote: how easy are these to turbo? as their engine bays are smaller than the rover metro. some of the metro lads just say squeeze the turbo in at the front of the car. the engine they use is the kseries turbo from the rover 75.

(15-07-2013, 11:34 AM)Piggy Wrote: yeah but the exhaust mani is at the back, between bulkhead and block

There is a fair amount of room behind engine not sure if would be able to get a turbo down there but could just do what samass has done and gearbox mount it.

Thanks given by:
he keeps avoiding the question...but anyone know how Samass manages to transfer that power to the gearbox, as main issue is the pathetically weak clutch on these
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(15-07-2013, 11:37 AM)Piggy Wrote: he keeps avoiding the question...but anyone know how Samass manages to transfer that power to the gearbox, as main issue is the pathetically weak clutch on these

Well ive been out a lot in it and the box is holding up very well. I know hes having really bad clutch issues at the moment (having to start the car in 1st otherwise it wont go in) but tbh a clutch that was designed for 50hp and is now taking over double that is always going to have issues. Think he has a gti paddle clutch to go in.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(15-07-2013, 11:34 AM)Piggy Wrote: yeah but the exhaust mani is at the back, between bulkhead and block

(15-07-2013, 11:35 AM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(15-07-2013, 11:00 AM)procta Wrote: how easy are these to turbo? as their engine bays are smaller than the rover metro. some of the metro lads just say squeeze the turbo in at the front of the car. the engine they use is the kseries turbo from the rover 75.

There is a fair amount of room behind engine not sure if would be able to get a turbo down there but could just do what samass has done and gearbox mount it.

the kseries turbo is front mounted, so the full rad system has to be moved forward.
I have seen a few even run charge coolers. I think one even moved the full charge cooler tank to the boot along with a rad. Id have to have another read.
good bit of engineering, not for me I think I will stick with either vvc or build a throttle boddied engine for the car.
Thanks given by:
(15-07-2013, 11:37 AM)Piggy Wrote: he keeps avoiding the question...but anyone know how Samass manages to transfer that power to the gearbox, as main issue is the pathetically weak clutch on these

Who is avoiding the question? In one of my post further back when i was on about turboing the 1.5 i was e-mailing cg about a custom made paddle and they said they could make one up would be around £250 a 5 paddle one.

I dont like the idea of the turboing the 1.5 as i dont wanna risk the engine. So at the min thats out of the question. In my mind its either 1.6 16v engine or go down the route of the d turbo engine either way no idea what im doing i really like the car just needs to have some power then i would probably like it alot more

Thanks given by:
but samass is avoiding the question...wondered if he had a trick up his sleave! wasnt saying you were.

Personally £250 is an expensive solution when you could get a whole 306 plus all the bits you need for the same amount!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Don't think Sam is avoiding it, don't think anyone has actually asked?

Been out in his car, occasional slip but that's expected.
Seriously Chris I'd turbo it, sam has tried his hardest to blow the thing up and still going strong lol
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(15-07-2013, 12:48 PM)Piggy Wrote: but samasneed avoiding the question...wondered if he had a trick up his sleave! wasnt saying you were.

Personally £250 is an expensive solution when you could get a whole 306 plus all the bits you need for the same amount!

(15-07-2013, 12:56 PM)Matt Wrote: Don't think Sam is avoiding it, don't think anyone has actually asked?

Been out in his car, occasional slip but that's expected.
Seriously Chris I'd turbo it, sam has tried his hardest to blow the thing up and still going strong lol

But piggy has a good point £250 and you got every thing you need...... Just have to have a think about it. Not in a rush to do any thing any way

Thanks given by:
Did you see the s1 cosak on bbs yesterday??

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(15-07-2013, 04:29 PM)puglove Wrote: Did you see the s1 cosak on bbs yesterday??

Yer I did Sad this is why my wheels are now up for sale gonna either put the standard Xsi alloys on it or mi16 alloys for now we'll when I find some I will.

Thanks given by:
Having finally seen the GoNad in all it's glory today, I must say it's a feat of engineering. Do it. The oil plastered over the back window adds to the effect lol
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
In response to this clutch question that I've (never been asked) been avoiding, its the standard clutch, which worked fine for the first 500 or so miles unless really hot, and is now slipping under full boost in third and fourth. The pressure player isn't releasing the clutch fully so stationary gear changes are a bitch.

I have a sprung 4 paddle clutch from a 106 cup car, that I got on ebay for 50 quid. Going to out a 200mm gti flywheel and pressure plate when i change engines.

Also don't go thinking I've loads of cash to go spending as and when this blows up, to date, the car owes me about 600 quid. That's buying, taxing, and moting and boosting. A new engine will be 50 quid.

Manage the temps and you won't blow it up. I've had mine at 135 degrees on the oil, and over 120 degrees on the water, and my r is in the pipe that comes out the rad, so that's after its been cooled, in the engine add on another 50 degrees, so basically, a jacket of steam around the cylinders.

I lifted the head on the hill at pugfest, tightened the head bolts and she's been fine.

Seriously, blowing the engine is the least of your worries.
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
I have brought it up on forum threads and PMd ya sam!

you sure the gti fly fits?? on 106oc they seemed to think it wouldnt?! as that was the direction I was going to go.

for chris though I expect he would need to pay for the custom pipework for the turbo, when perhaps you did it yaself?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peugeot 309 d turbo project adampug 30 13,011 04-12-2016, 10:03 AM
Last Post: adampug
  Chris_90's citroen zx volcane The END Chris_90 309 84,581 29-09-2015, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Chris_90
  Project Facelift Berlingo D Turbo Jamieh2013 11 5,464 21-03-2015, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Jamieh2013