chris_90 106 derv project xsi rep, turbo NAD ;)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
chris_90 106 derv project xsi rep, turbo NAD ;)
Never really been a fan of them wheels but I think they will suit the 106

If you need a hand fitting the axle give me a shout
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
awesome...I was guna suggest you getting them!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(29-10-2013, 05:54 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: Never really been a fan of them wheels but I think they will suit the 106

If you need a hand fitting the axle give me a shout

I love them think they look pretty good, just hope they suit the car, think it will look good slammed to them Smile

And no worrys will do should be pretty easy as wasn't that long ago I fitted the beam that's on it now.

(29-10-2013, 06:01 PM)Piggy Wrote: awesome...I was guna suggest you getting them!

Great minds think alike? Wink :Lol:

Thanks given by:
Small update axle is now rebuilt, set it to 30mm lower than it was (was told it was standard hight) so ready to go on now hopefully won't be long till I get it on as my axle is very scary in the corners lol

[Image: DSC_0176_zps68e2837a.jpg]

Thanks given by:
SO saturday night wishbone bush snapped from car Angry manged to limp it to my mates work shop, was planning on doing the axle on sunday any way.

So sunday fitted new wishbone and axle, took 8 hours in total every thing that could go wrong went wrong, when took it off jacks was slammed right up in archs, so had to re adjust the hight still not happy with it but will do for now. Anyway on the test drive it didnt feel right at all felt like the rear end was trying to pull to one side. Thought it was to do with tracking being out due to fitting new wishbone.

So today fitted new track rod end took it to be tracked up on the pc type tracking thing. Back axle is all over place toe in camber etc etc. So got on phone to imaxle (great guys!) for some advice they said try the stub pins see if there bent if not the axle tube must be bent. So took passenger side stub pin out and it was bent swapped it for a known good one out my old axle.

Thats were im at the min had to give up for today as so stressed with it all ready just to give up with the whole thing scrap the f**king thing. So just see what its like when i go to work see if the new stub pin has helped it if not gonna be looking for a new axle tube Angry

Thanks given by:
at least you know whats wrong...its sortable

Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Now you can charge people to lower axles Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
That's a shitter about the axle buddy I swapped mine over yesterday so have the old one going spare if you can get down this way if its any good to you? It failed mot on swivel joints but I think the tube and bars are all straight
Thanks given by:
(04-11-2013, 07:40 PM)Piggy Wrote: at least you know whats wrong...its sortable

Smile

Seems all good now done 78mile at work tonight and it's not twitched on rear end like it did before so looks like it was stub pin, was only bent by about 2/3mm amazing it makes that much difference.

(04-11-2013, 08:08 PM)Tom Wrote: Now you can charge people to lower axles Wink

I did think about this but I always worry something will go wrong. So wouldn't like to do it on other people's cars. But don't mind lending a hand showing people what to do etc least if they brake it it's not my fault lol

(04-11-2013, 08:41 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: That's a shitter about the axle buddy I swapped mine over yesterday so have the old one going spare if you can get down this way if its any good to you? It failed mot on swivel joints but I think the tube and bars are all straight

Thanks mate but probaly way to far from me plus I got disc disc axle on so wanna try and keep it with disc on now.

In other news it handles extremely well now I have a working arb Big Grin

Up next lift it up abit then it's gotta get me to Cornwall next week as haveing a few days away Smile

Thanks given by:
I'm on the way to Cornwall buddy Wink look forward to seeing those wheels on there
Thanks given by:
So been messing with axle again today, finally managed to get the ride hight I want. Pics here from last couple of days.

The broken wishbone

[Image: DSC_0179_zps695ecd6f.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0180_zpsb6d81543.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0181_zpsacea290b.jpg]

Old and New track rod ends
[Image: DSC_0183_zps5a7ec600.jpg]

New hight
[Image: DSC_0189_zps90dc4ef6.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0190_zps5d767524.jpg]

That's it for now, seems to be ok now on back axle but see how I get on over next few days Smile

Oh and I blocked my first Fuel filter last night lasted 3,000 miles not bad I dont think.

Comments welcome

Thanks given by:
(05-11-2013, 02:58 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: So been messing with axle again today, finally managed to get the ride hight I want. Pics here from last couple of days.

The broken wishbone

[Image: DSC_0179_zps695ecd6f.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0180_zpsb6d81543.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0181_zpsacea290b.jpg]

Old and New track rod ends
[Image: DSC_0183_zps5a7ec600.jpg]

New hight
[Image: DSC_0189_zps90dc4ef6.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0190_zps5d767524.jpg]

That's it for now, seems to be ok now on back axle but see how I get on over next few days Smile

Oh and I blocked my first Fuel filter last night lasted 3,000 miles not bad I dont think.

Comments welcome

3000 miles ain't bad for what the filters cost.

U made it higher for winter?
Thanks given by:
Not bad for Veg Oil, and yer just for winter be lowering it again next summer (if I still got it) lol

Thanks given by:
Gave it a wash, polish and wax first time in a long while!

[Image: DSC_0191_zpsfbcf0ead.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0192_zps6d956814.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0193_zps67d79a22.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0194_zps310473ce.jpg]

Not looking to bad if i say so my self, just the wheels and bonnet let it down quite alot. bring on next summer when i can slam it and fit the 205 alloys Big Grin

Thanks given by:
If only that was a Peugeot 107 in the background instead of a Citroen C1.
[Image: MIRKxNP.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looking good mate Smile

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Needs some different wheels, otherwise looks all reeeet!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(06-11-2013, 12:15 PM)silverzx Wrote: Needs some different wheels, otherwise looks all reeeet!

Yer will have different wheels next year Wink the 205 ones few pages back. But I like the oem look at the min Smile

(06-11-2013, 12:11 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: Looking good mate Smile

Thanks Big Grin

Thanks given by:
Update

Serviced it yesterday 4 time since I bought it least I no it's well serviced Wink

Considering keeping it a oem xsi, really liking the look of it at the moment plus how nice it it's over bumps and not to worry about ripping exhaust off all time lol. Not sure if to refurbish the Xsi wheels or put the 205 alloys on next year or not. Not made my mind up.

What you guys think?

Thanks given by:
I think you should sell them both and buy my minilites tbh Wink

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
If be interested to see what the 205 wheels look like on it so think you should do that then I can buy myself a set Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(09-11-2013, 05:47 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: I think you should sell them both and buy my minilites tbh Wink

Think they would look good but carnt justfi spending that much on wheels lol

(09-11-2013, 10:02 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: If be interested to see what the 205 wheels look like on it so think you should do that then I can buy myself a set Big Grin

Think i will still put them on just be a while yet as gotta get this though mot yet and i can see it costing a fair few quid Sad

Thanks given by:
Why did you raise it for winter?
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Know the feeling mate mines just cost 200 to get through its mot
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2013, 09:07 AM)sam Wrote: Why did you raise it for winter?

Cos i can lol nah i fitted them -20/30mm springs on front so the arse has been sat down for a while, just lifted rear to match for now. More for the smooth ride than any thing else, might look in to lowering it next year again if i still have it.

(10-11-2013, 09:39 AM)rocker8742 Wrote: Know the feeling mate mines just cost 200 to get through its mot

Sad hoping mine wont be to bad with the amount of stuff ive replaced

Thanks given by:
Mine turned out to be mainly bushes, beam and rear brakes

I'm being too lazy to read through did you get your refurbed beam on in the end?
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2013, 11:22 AM)rocker8742 Wrote: Mine turned out to be mainly bushes, beam and rear brakes

I'm being too lazy to read through did you get your refurbed beam on in the end?

Refurbished my own beam, it's had most parts replaced wishbones track rod ends, all 4 shocks, flexis on back etc etc

Just needs flexis on front a bit of welding and hopefully that should be ok for mot. Will see soon tho once I get back off holiday will be getting it booked in

Thanks given by:
Get it slammed on the speedlines for god sake! Lol
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hope it goes well then mate just turn the fuel down a bit Wink
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2013, 11:45 AM)rd070707 Wrote: Get it slammed on the speedlines for god sake! Lol

lol maybe one day Wink

(10-11-2013, 11:50 AM)rocker8742 Wrote: Hope it goes well then mate just turn the fuel down a bit Wink

It hardly smokes on the Veg Oil just a slight haze so think it will be ok. As long as the petrol in the mix don't cause it any issues

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peugeot 309 d turbo project adampug 30 13,045 04-12-2016, 10:03 AM
Last Post: adampug
  Chris_90's citroen zx volcane The END Chris_90 309 85,046 29-09-2015, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Chris_90
  Project Facelift Berlingo D Turbo Jamieh2013 11 5,474 21-03-2015, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Jamieh2013