Houdini brake pads - URGENT!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Houdini brake pads - URGENT!
(08-07-2013, 06:36 AM)Piggy Wrote: just a shockingly dumb design.

a pug afterthought

It's not a Pug caliper.

It's on millions of other cars. They only seem to have a problem after someone has dicked about with them Angel
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Is there a mod that gets done to them that could cause this? Because they did come off a particularly chavtastic xsi in the scrappy... Confused
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yeah, it's called putting the bar in wrong, putting the springs on wrong, having a knackered/rusty old slider or buying the cheapest chinese pads and shoddy fitting kit they can find and expecting the tolerances to be good...
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
They do seem a bit shit though, a bar and a bit of twisted wire to hold in the pads!! Confused I'd prefer something a bit more substantial that can't be put in wrong tbh.....imagine if they fitted front pads with that kind of system! Confused
Thanks given by:
Rofl

Guilty on the cheapest pads and fixing kit tbh lol, point well made.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(08-07-2013, 04:37 PM)Toms306 Wrote: They do seem a bit shit though, a bar and a bit of twisted wire to hold in the pads!! Confused I'd prefer something a bit more substantial that can't be put in wrong tbh.....imagine if they fitted front pads with that kind of system! Confused

They do. Mine had them.
Mine didn't fall out.

If that worries you, some of the small wilwoods only have a split pin.
Thanks given by:
Oh, my bad then! Haven't seen that system on the front lol.

Tbh, with brakes, the word 'small' worries me more than a split pin. Tongue
Thanks given by:
The words 'Tom touched them' worries me a shitload more than either.
Thanks given by:
Haha, I don't trust myself with brakes! Or most other things tbh.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best brake fluid and pads? JTaylor2005 19 4,647 19-08-2016, 08:09 PM
Last Post: Pgtips
  Back brake pads. Moonwalker 14 2,559 14-09-2015, 10:59 AM
Last Post: pug306driver
  Brake pads??? conorpierce 7 1,567 07-08-2015, 10:58 AM
Last Post: PartyJas