rear lowering problem

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rear lowering problem
hi ive recently lowered my axle done it by taking out the torsion bars and adjusting the height so the original height was 420mm its now 375mm but i have shortened dampers on the bk the arm needs jacked up 45mm so the bolt can go through the damper it then gives me a height of 330mm and its far too low ave never had to jack an arm up nearly 2 inch to get the damper in
do you think my dampers r far too short when i bought they were stated for a xsara n6
Thanks given by:
No i Think you have lowered it to much lol, by the time the weight of the car is sat back on the beam the shortened shocks wont be holding it IMO, when putting standard shocks on a standard height beam i have to jack the arm up a fair bit to get the bolt on,

Best way to check is unbolt the shocks again, take the bolt out and put the wheels back on put it back on the floor let the hand brake off (on level groundTongue) if it still as low, prob will be, then you have lowered it to much,

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
yip its still low about 20mm + of the tyre sits inside the arch
Thanks given by:
Lowered it to much then bro, need to take the TBs back out ,

Thanks given by:
cheers mate will do that then Tongue i'll raise it another 30mm
Thanks given by:
Hey just be glad you can get your bars out. my bars wont move for love nor money on my estate Sad and i wonna get low soooo badly

Thanks given by:
(30-04-2013, 06:18 PM)puglove Wrote: Hey just be glad you can get your bars out. my bars wont move for love nor money on my estate Sad and i wonna get low soooo badly

What have you been trying with to get them out?
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Tryed pressing them out, and they kept snapping the the hardest bolts i could get my hands on, And they were pretty Dam hard bolts

The try'ed the good old try'd and tested sledge hammer, still not a bean, This is all after 2 weeks of regular plus gas & cleaning

Next thing to do is drop the beam out and get the heat on it.

Thanks given by:
Oh right sounds like you've had a good go then. When you say you tried pressing them do you mean pull? Like with a plate over the trailing arm and then the bolt through the plate into torsion thread?
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
indeed i do.

Thanks given by:
the old axle was a b***ard sledge hammer and heat never worked on that tried everything just aswell my old man had a new axle there for the car lol
Thanks given by:
Yeah i may end up changing mine, iv got an old drum beam kicking about

Thanks given by:
well ave just raised mine so its sitting pretty nice now drivers rear end sits 7mm higher because its on uneven ground lol but its all the same height Tongue just waiting on some countersunk screws and a feeler gauge
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear beam lowering South East tartboy 1 858 17-02-2015, 12:01 PM
Last Post: connorp
  Changing rear beam/ Steering wheel problem E_KEL95 3 1,309 13-11-2014, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Toms306
  Rear Drum Bearing Thrust Washer Problem? Toms306 23 3,902 19-06-2014, 06:44 PM
Last Post: Toms306