Dum-Dum's Transsexual HDi Roadster - HE/SHE RUNS!!! :D

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dum-Dum's Transsexual HDi Roadster - HE/SHE RUNS!!! :D
I have considered this however going and fitting bits on other peoples cars takes up all my time so i don't get anything fitted. They will sit in the workshop till ive got the HDi filleted and gone.

Also other than bolting the suspension on these are the only bit waiting to be done. The engine is more of a semi long term project that id expect to take a couple of months to be at the fitting stage.
Thanks given by:
Dum, whys the roof got to be kept flat? Mines propped up in the garage..
Thanks given by:
It pits stress on the bottom edge of the window and/or the fiberglass. Mines propped up too as no normal person has the space to store it flat.
Thanks given by:
The obligatory Lobb yellow box has arrived then lol!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
^^^Yep Big Grin cheers mate
Thanks given by:
hurry up and get it hdi'd. i've never been in a 306 cabby and id like my first experience to be in a boosted one Wink
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(04-05-2013, 11:38 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: hurry up and get it hdi'd. i've never been in a 306 cabby and id like my first experience to be in a boosted one Wink

LOL the engine is still in its original home (although only held on by 2 mounts and its exhaust)

I'm just deciding how much I want to do to the engine before it goes in the car as that makes a huge difference to how long it is till it goes in. Realistically I think I'm gonna need to put in a clutch and do the cam belt and water pump as in 180k there's no history of them ever being done and it would be rude not to FMIC it while its all apart and well if I find a turbo to go on then its alot easier to do while the lump is out.
Thanks given by:
Yeah dude, sounds like a plan Smile I trust that this conversion will actually happen, after all you proved with the sedan that you can keep a car long enough to do at least 90% of what you originally planned before it's scrapped/crashed/sold Wink haha

looking forward to the updates anyway, it might be something I would consider doing myself if its fairly straight forward
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Yeah it will happen unless something really shiny comes along first. Just wishing I had about £150 spare ATM so I could buy a turbo as there's lots of awesome ones on ebay.

It should be very straight forward apart from the ecu/immobiliser but I know someone who can sort it.
Thanks given by:
I can get an estate Xantia xud with 54k on it 2owners full citroen dealer history for £225, I wanted to do mine so bad but I can't afford ANY hidden costs..
Thanks given by:
For me it had to be a HDi for the cabby, the XUD is too smokey even if it is an easier swap.
Thanks given by:
(05-05-2013, 09:12 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: For me it had to be a HDi for the cabby, the XUD is too smokey even if it is an easier swap.

I guess coaling yourself wouldn't be much fun haha
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I wanted to fit an Xud to a cabby but insurance said no Sad
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
(05-05-2013, 09:58 AM)HDIkyle Wrote: I wanted to fit an Xud to a cabby but insurance said no Sad

i would have thought the insurance would go down since your going from a somewhat sporty 16v engine to an old diesel? no?
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
LOL I've not even got a quote on it yet, I'm guessing if I fit a bigger turbo at the same time then the the price will defo go up but my insurance company have never said no to anything yet.
Thanks given by:
Engine is out and sitting on its trolley in the garden.

Found a company to do my ECU for £60 so really tempted to do my engine swap the week I get paid. Really should do the belts and clutch before it goes in but ooh shiny shiny shiny shiny
Thanks given by:
Your a fuckin loon!! I love it lol
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You don't mess about, I'll give you that!!! Smile
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Go go gadget toolkit...

Nice one Chris
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
You better still make it to ppc!
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Dont get paid till after PPC Jake so thats safe and tbh im gonna be there if I have to walk there.

Really really want teh boosts back in my life
Thanks given by:
Worst comes to the worst i'll stop by and drag you up there lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(02-05-2013, 03:10 PM)Ed Doe Wrote:
(02-05-2013, 03:00 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: 302s are here Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Just a massively left-field thought here..... but have you considered actually getting one bit at a time done on the car, rather thanbuying all the shinies, half-putting them on and then selling/crashing/scrapping the result? Tongue

Sorry but thats just a stupid suggestion!

/dumdum
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
So whats a project thread without pics lol

I managed to rip my splitter off on the shit roads here Sad

Bodged it back on with garden twist tie stuff

Oh and got the engine out the HDi Big Grin

Thanks given by:
Wooo progress! Hope this is done as quick as the sedan was :p
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
So if it's pre op..... Is that the vagina you're stitching into your drop top homo-wagon?
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
(12-05-2013, 01:23 PM)Tom Wrote: Wooo progress! Hope this is done as quick as the sedan was :p
Potentially before the start of June Smile There's a vote in the lounge where you can have your say.

(12-05-2013, 01:24 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: So if it's pre op..... Is that the vagina you're stitching into your drop top homo-wagon?
No its a big hairy chested cock of a diesel engine that Im stitching into the girl car (obviously)
Thanks given by:
If you need a hand with owt bud let me know! Have to say if you build this up like your original! Power wise, it'll be fun lol, I took the hardtop of and drove with the top down in mine today! Whilst being awsome!! Chassis is interesting to say the least lol
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So, yeah, this happened......

Iveco Daily FMIC, almost perfect outlets fit round a standard 306 rad and also inside the chassis legs. tiny bit larger than the grille, Metal reinforced ports so you cant crush the plastic, reasonable thickness, 50mm O/S port and 60mm N/S port (exactly the same size as the HDi110 top pipe IIRC).
Thanks given by:
So another bit is here, Citroen Relay L-bend, came with a nice size rubber joiner too Smile

Thanks given by: