Dum-Dum's Transsexual HDi Roadster - HE/SHE RUNS!!! :D

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dum-Dum's Transsexual HDi Roadster - HE/SHE RUNS!!! :D
Well as I've had it more than a month without getting rid of it I'm gonna start a project thread.

So on the 21st of February I picked myself up a china blue 306 2.0 16v XSi roadster (yep the rare factory hard topped cabriolet) It was a straight swap for my f*cked 406 coupe and came with 6 months tax and a full years MOT.

Here's the photos from when I got her home

First jobs were replacing the f*cked drivers window mech and a service, the spark plugs looked original.

On April fools day (of all days my car started feeling weird with a bad wheel wobble at speed and at slow speed it felt like the back of the car was lifting with every wheel rotation. Checked underneath and found this bulge in the tyre. It was f*cking huge and meant running on the spare for a month.

Oh and because I'm awesome I bought myself some nice light 16" steels for the car that Peugeot had to get in from France. As I couldn't afford tyres they made a very nice coffee table.

Inlove

A couple of pics from when the sun came out Smile

Spent a day before Ace on my mums drive fitting a load of goodies including a GTi6 manifold that I did a pikey de-resonator on, a £7 eBay induction kit, clear side repeaters, Thicker wires between the alternator battery and starter as it was feeling a bit weak (this later turned out to be a split negative battery terminal) Xsara mist jets, group n linkages, cleaned all the sludge out the breathers and replaced some of the pipes and finally I replaced the thermostat with a genuine Peugeot one as the car had been running very cold and it turned out that the old one had eaten one of its own seals.

She looked pretty good at the camping meet despite misbehaving (leaky roof hydraulics, split battery terminal and the dials stopping working) and the crappy brown steel wheel.

After camping I finally got tyres for my awesome wheels

And while staying at my mums for a week managed to get round to fitting them.

Cant wait to lower it (with the GMax kit that was on my 6) and fit some bigger brakes then its probably gonna get HDi'd
Thanks given by:
looks good! Big Grin the cabbies have grown on me i must say!
Thanks given by:
Chris are these alloy steels like the c5 ones?
But yea it will look rude once you've lowered it.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What you doing with the steelies...? I vote Band them...
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
About time you got this up. Loving the steels on it, pretty stealthy. Will have to pick up all those spare cabby parts i've got when you come down.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Like this to, cabbies have grown on me over the years, do look good when dropped on naughty wheels with clean paint.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Mate of mine just bought one of them for £400!! Its a tad paggered like, electric roof doesnt work, we went to posty cruise in it lat night with the roof down, its like a orange colour? Only done 63k....Leathers are win in these too

Sweet cars. 2.0 XSI feels gutless tho.

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
XSi lump responds better to the GTi manifold swap, for some reason (different ECU from Sagem I guess?)

You can't get a Cabriolet XSi though, it's either an S or an SE, isn't it?
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Thought the Gti manifold swaps were pointless an caused running issues and shit fuel economy?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(29-04-2013, 03:55 PM)silverzx Wrote: Thought the Gti manifold swaps were pointless an caused running issues and shit fuel economy?

that problem is on the 1.8 16v iirc . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(29-04-2013, 07:33 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Like this to, cabbies have grown on me over the years, do look good when dropped on naughty wheels with clean paint.
Yeah i cant wait to slam this, will be even ore naughty with some decent power.

(29-04-2013, 03:32 PM)Arron Wrote: Mate of mine just bought one of them for £400!! Its a tad paggered like, electric roof doesnt work, we went to posty cruise in it lat night with the roof down, its like a orange colour? Only done 63k....Leathers are win in these too

Sweet cars. 2.0 XSI feels gutless tho.
8v or 16v, the 16v needs a decent service, gti6 inlet and a decent air filter to feel good.

(29-04-2013, 03:42 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: XSi lump responds better to the GTi manifold swap, for some reason (different ECU from Sagem I guess?)

You can't get a Cabriolet XSi though, it's either an S or an SE, isn't it?
XSi engine though.

(29-04-2013, 03:55 PM)silverzx Wrote: Thought the Gti manifold swaps were pointless an caused running issues and shit fuel economy?
Only if you have a 1.8. 2.0s are fine
Thanks given by:
Looks awsome, hope its even more epic than the last one.

Whats up with the rear hood flap though looks like its not sitting right?
Thanks given by:
Love the steels fella! Clean it though will ya ffs lol
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(29-04-2013, 05:29 PM)Strikeforce Wrote: Looks awsome, hope its even more epic than the last one.

Whats up with the rear hood flap though looks like its not sitting right?
Cheers mate. Its not locking in quite right, think its partly to do with the hydraulic fluid leak.

(29-04-2013, 05:45 PM)Jonny b Wrote: Love the steels fella! Clean it though will ya ffs lol
Cheers babe, Ill clean it eventually. I'm just a bit busy ATM and don't have an adapter for my hose to go on the tap.
Thanks given by:
tbf you do have pretty good taste in steels, i adore the berlingo steels on the sedan now Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
You going to do the rolling roof mod on this?
Thanks given by:
(29-04-2013, 04:58 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Only if you have a 1.8. 2.0s are fine

Thats all right then! Smile
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
So erm, I cant afford 28mpg average and 15mpg on a blast so the cabby is geting a new heart.

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=6739]

Yep that HDi lump and box will be going into the cabby defo with a view to stage 2 and possibly with a marginally bigger blower. 150-170bhp and nearly 300lb/ft should go well in the cabby and mean I can better 40mpg average
Thanks given by:
best not to plan tuat far ahead with your track record chris . lol lets get the conversion out the way 1st. Tongue

glad to see its happening after so many people have spoke qbout it in the past ThumbsUp

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
She'll be missed... :'(

Nah bollocks, best thing that could happen to her lol!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
^^ I really quite like her, and this is why it scares me how much i really love shockingly shit Peugeots.
Thanks given by:
(01-05-2013, 08:37 AM)Strikeforce Wrote: You going to do the rolling roof mod on this?

rolling roof mod?
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
(01-05-2013, 01:25 PM)Ben Jay Wrote:
(01-05-2013, 08:37 AM)Strikeforce Wrote: You going to do the rolling roof mod on this?

rolling roof mod?

As standard you have to have the engine switched off to open/close the roof which is a pita and also puts stress on the battery,
There is a simple mod that allows you to keep the engine running whilst you can operate the roof and even close/open the roof upto speeds around 10-15mph

So say you are in slow traffic and it starts to rain you dont have to pull up to put the hood up

Simple yet effective and better for your battery
Thanks given by:
Mine came with that mod already done and must admit I couldn't imagine not having it...not that our weather is unpredictable or anything!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Its the 2.0 16v xsi engine he has.... Albeit it had a slightly blowing exhaust, just cant believe how much he got it for, its worth more in bits!

I just knew you would convert it to derv. I vote a upswept win pipe out the back

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Spot on Chris! I'd love to do a derv cabby just dont have the space to do the swap (thinks, should I bring a cabby with an hdi engine in the boot to fcs, lol )

I like the hard to as well but it must be a pita to store when your not using it and i'm guessing it must be a 2 man job to take on and off.
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
(01-05-2013, 03:30 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: Mine came with that mod already done and must admit I couldn't imagine not having it...not that our weather is unpredictable or anything!
Youd of had a great laugh on the way to the lakes meet then as it started trying to rain while crawling at about 15mph on the motorway and i was looking up at the sky and swearing. It amused everyone else too.

(01-05-2013, 04:17 PM)Arron Wrote: I just knew you would convert it to derv. I vote a upswept win pipe out the back
Well it is my 3rd cabby so i should do something different I'm not buying your exhaust though.

(01-05-2013, 04:36 PM)londondan86 Wrote: Spot on Chris! I'd love to do a derv cabby just dont have the space to do the swap (thinks, should I bring a cabby with an hdi engine in the boot to fcs, lol )

I like the hard to as well but it must be a pita to store when your not using it and i'm guessing it must be a 2 man job to take on and off.
Its a pain to store as it technically has to be kept flat and it is a 2 man job to fit. You wont fit an engine in the boot as the boot on the cabby is useless and TBH just do it.
Thanks given by:
Pmsl at the edited title Chris, lets hope you finish and keep this one..it will be a keeper mate Wink
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
302s are here Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(02-05-2013, 03:00 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: 302s are here Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Just a massively left-field thought here..... but have you considered actually getting one bit at a time done on the car, rather thanbuying all the shinies, half-putting them on and then selling/crashing/scrapping the result? Tongue
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by: