HDi engine into cabby?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDi engine into cabby?
In all seriousness id gti 6 it Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Think ive worked out that theres only one wire to knock off the immobiliser so that shuould be easy enough to bypass if i can find out what resistor ineed.
Thanks given by:
(26-04-2013, 07:47 PM)Puggie Wrote: Still Devils fuel v6 it for shits and giggles

Did I hear my name mentioned?

Chris if Audi & BMW do derv cabbys then it can't be all that bad..can it??
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
TBH a 2.0HDi will run 160bhp happily all day long which is GTi6 power but with twice the torque and twice the fuel economy.

The end goal would be to get a 2.2HDi 16v in there and the big VNT thats in the garage for a really stupid 230bhp+ which is LBSC6 money and still 50mpg.

I think for now just getting a HDi in and running would be ideal and everything else can be worked on from there.
Thanks given by:
If your swapping engines it'd be RUDE not to put a bigger blower on it! Plus although it will run 160hp on a stock blower, that's right near it's limit
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeh its just making something fit, that aid i have been looking at GT series turbos on ebay.

The primary reason for fitting this is to cut down on my motoring costs though so id just like to get it in ans start enjoying 45+mpg

I have agreed sale of a HDi my way though so it will happen at some point.
Thanks given by:
(27-04-2013, 10:55 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Think ive worked out that theres only one wire to knock off the immobiliser so that shuould be easy enough to bypass if i can find out what resistor ineed.

dont think you understand how the immo works
resistors wont help with this
Thanks given by:
(27-04-2013, 10:55 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Think ive worked out that theres only one wire to knock off the immobiliser so that shuould be easy enough to bypass if i can find out what resistor ineed.

Not that easy.

If it's a single plug you can do the old snip the wire from the CPU that enables the lock when it's unlocked, but it's risky... Easier to reflash the soic8 Immob prom with a immo off file...

3 plug is a total whore, just use a single plug loom+engine.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Ruan it's single plug mate. I'll send you a pm.
Thanks given by:
Havnt you done this yet?
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by: