Headunit Aerial Adapter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headunit Aerial Adapter
Hi guys, just tryna fit my new headunit at the moment. The main problem is that the connector for the radio aerial is too short to go properly into the jack on the headunit. Below I will show you what I mean:

[Image: P1010054_zps7aee0a99.jpg]

I'm a complete novice in regards to fitting headunits, I've done umpteen mechanical jobs but never fitted a non standard headunit before! As you can see from the (rather blury) picture, there is no way that connector on the radio aerial is gonna go all the way down into the jack which I removed from the back of the radio for comparison.

I have tried the radio with a length of soldering wire jammed into the jack and it gets good reception so I know there isn't a fault with the radio.
Thanks given by:
It does look right from the picture, why won't it go all the way in? I've had various radios and never used anything extra than one of them small adapters. Confused
Thanks given by:
Well I am assuming that it won't go all the way in because if I plug the aerial connector in the radio gets reception but if I move the radio cable slightly then the reception just dies compeletely so I am assuming that it is not deeply penetrating the radio jack enough to give a reliable connection.
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2013, 10:47 AM)306Puggy Wrote: deeply penetrating
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
^^^ lmao
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Well I'm not in the know about deep penetration.... Confused

But if you are pushing it all the way in and it's not making contact I can't tell you why tbh, should be fine like that!
Thanks given by:
Does it not need a DIN connector instead of an ISO connector? I am sure I read about that somewhere.
Thanks given by:
I need to replace the aerial cable from the passenger's side. I was hoping that a cable with the connect fitting on it in the first place might fix the problem:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-Metre-1M-Car...53ee56aa35

But will it connect to the connector on the passenger's side? Here's a pic of the connector:

[Image: P1010058_zps54f23eee.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Has yours got the longer aerial on the roof?

The connector in that last pic is it the same dimensions as your little adaptor, if so that cable you linked to is the right one?

Try using the macro function (button with the flower) on your camera when taking close up pic to get things in focus. [Image: 06-27-08-flower1.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do I need a new aerial for DAB radio? DonGonzo 1 1,173 15-04-2022, 07:29 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  306 Cab aerial repair Aussie306Cab 0 1,312 19-01-2021, 03:40 AM
Last Post: Aussie306Cab
  Snapped Aerial Mark 2 1,274 08-09-2014, 09:20 PM
Last Post: Mark