Snapped Aerial

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snapped Aerial
My aerial snapped off today whilst driving, which made a horrible noise on the roof as I assume it flipped over hitting the roof several times!! It has snapped really close to the base where it must have rusted through. Since it's rusty and so close to the base, I doubt I'll be able to get the remainder out to fit a new mast so it's probably easier to replace the base as well (and fix the rust on the roof around the base too while I'm at it).

Does the base simply unbolt from the inside of the car behind the interior light?

Thanks
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2014, 06:02 PM)Mark Wrote: My aerial snapped off today whilst driving, which made a horrible noise on the roof as I assume it flipped over hitting the roof several times!! It has snapped really close to the base where it must have rusted through. Since it's rusty and so close to the base, I doubt I'll be able to get the remainder out to fit a new mast so it's probably easier to replace the base as well (and fix the rust on the roof around the base too while I'm at it).

Does the base simply unbolt from the inside of the car behind the interior light?

Thanks

You have to remove interior lights and there a nut tucked up in the top Wink
Thanks given by:
Thanks, thought that might be the case. I'll go to Peugeot tomorrow and see if they've got the parts in stock
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do I need a new aerial for DAB radio? DonGonzo 1 1,132 15-04-2022, 07:29 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  306 Cab aerial repair Aussie306Cab 0 1,277 19-01-2021, 03:40 AM
Last Post: Aussie306Cab
  Aerial change Aaron35 1 1,013 27-01-2014, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Eeyore