Failed remap upload

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failed remap upload
Hi guys,

In desperate need of help.
I've just had a failed upload of a stage 2 map and now I can't do anything.

Can someone please advise me in what to do as I am desperate here :/

Cheers guys
Thanks given by:
(24-04-2013, 08:03 PM)callumcull Wrote: Hi guys,

In desperate need of help.
I've just had a failed upload of a stage 2 map and now I can't do anything.

Can someone please advise me in what to do as I am desperate here :/

Cheers guys

Can't you revert to the standard map?

Not very clued up on mapping either.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
What you mean failed?
Did it stop half way through?
Try and put the standard/stage 1 map back on but if it wont connect to your ecu anymore youve most likely bricked it!
I think whippy can repair them but im not sure!
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Most mapping places can repair them but they charge a lot for the priveledge!

As above, try putting the original back on, if it doesn't work leave the battery off the car for a bit, reboot the laptop and try again. If it still doesn't work...bad luck.
Thanks given by:
The only other option if you have bricked it is to get one with tge same code and get it unlocked (usually about £50)
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Galletto? They brick over 50% of the time. Ecu is dead unless you send it away.
Thanks given by:
(24-04-2013, 08:38 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Galletto? They brick over 50% of the time. Ecu is dead unless you send it away.

Where did you hear that? It's an interesting statistic..
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Talking to the guy who mapped my car last week, he said his experience with Gallettos has been bad & that more often than not they end up being posted to him bricked..
Thanks given by:
I literally refuse to use the galetto things, personally found them to be so unreliable / useless, there literally just a usb - seriel and the rest is software based, and its wrote like crap.

The KWP units seem to be 10000 times more reliable, yet to have an issue with one, the galettos also seem to refuse to read so many newer pugs compared to the KWP which reads seaminly everything!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
I've mapped several cars now (think its getting in for 10) with a galletto and a 6 year old pov spec laptop.....never had any issues! Confused. And I'm not exactly lucky lol....
Thanks given by:
The kwp2000+ I had wouldn't read my ECU, it got the hardware details, but that's about it. The Galleto worked absolutely fine the other day. It stopped just after wiping the ECU, didn't even start uploading.

From what I gather you can connect pin 24 to GND, and that puts it in boot mode, then hopefully the Galleto can detect it. I'm taking it to pro_steve tonight, really hoping it can be fixed as I'm moving house this weekend, bad timing huh?

On the upshot of all my problems, I'm learning bucket loads so can't complain.
Thanks given by:
I think with all these things it depends if you get a good or bad one, and how much you pay....

I had a cheap ELM that wouldn't read, and a cheap VAGCOM that woudn't read. But no issues with the galletto. I'm surprised the kwp didn't work though.

Good luck with it anyway.
Thanks given by:
This happened to my car few years back when I owned a HDi.

Sent it to ECU Doctor, think it was a three day turn around from posting it out to them.

Also has a ONE YEAR guarantee with no conditions, if you brick it again and its your fault, they'll repair it again for free providing its within one year of the initial repair.

Highly recommendable.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
If someone can recommend a good Galleto/KWP2000, or a link to one in eBay that'd be amazing. Or unless it's just luck.

Can't imagine I'll want to try upload another map after stage 2.

Like I said though, I've leaned a lot so it's all good :/

If this one can't be repaired, I take it I need to go to a scrappy and pull off a new ECU, BSI and immobiliser?
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2013, 08:38 AM)callumcull Wrote: If someone can recommend a good Galleto/KWP2000, or a link to one in eBay that'd be amazing. Or unless it's just luck.

Can't imagine I'll want to try upload another map after stage 2.

Like I said though, I've leaned a lot so it's all good :/

If this one can't be repaired, I take it I need to go to a scrappy and pull off a new ECU, BSI and immobiliser?

Quote:http://the-ecu-doctor.co.uk/

The ECU Doctor Limited
Hemerdon Lodge
Boringdon Road
Plympton
Plymouth
PL7 4EA

Phone/Fax 01752 346437
Mobile 07956 542162
mailto:hemerdonlodge@aol.com

Fast turn around, professional service.. You won't be able to do anything to it unless you know how to solder and reflash chips.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Did you perform a reboot and make sure no other programs were running other than galletto. Maybe the map was corrupt? I've had no issues with it at all. Fwiend used it to upload his Celtic tuning map onto his 2.2 civic, it froze mid load due to him leaving the car in reverse he said, think the car flashes a warning, but it loaded fine on the next attempt, its always a risk doing these things at home, you might have missed something because its not something you do daily, and unfortunately these are the consequences

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2013, 09:36 AM)Arron Wrote: Did you perform a reboot and make sure no other programs were running other than galletto. Maybe the map was corrupt? I've had no issues with it at all. Fwiend used it to upload his Celtic tuning map onto his 2.2 civic, it froze mid load due to him leaving the car in reverse he said, think the car flashes a warning, but it loaded fine on the next attempt, its always a risk doing these things at home, you might have missed something because its not something you do daily, and unfortunately these are the consequences

Yeah, restarted the laptop, unplugged the battery and ECU for 10 mins. The Galleto doesn't recognise the ECU. However, the KWP2000 recognises there's an ECU, but gives no details. And when I try to upload with the KWP, it keeps saying internal hardware error, which happened when the ECU was fine, and before I bought the Galleto.

We'll see if Steve can fix it! I'll keep posted!
Thanks given by:
I've mapped several cars with my galetto, never had an issue. My own project has had about 10 remaps done with that same tool, was only a £13 delivered jobby from ebay too, luck of the draw I guess.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(25-04-2013, 02:21 PM)Poodle Wrote: I've mapped several cars with my galetto, never had an issue. My own project has had about 10 remaps done with that same tool, was only a £13 delivered jobby from ebay too, luck of the draw I guess.

Again, galetto hasn't failed me and I've done it a few times. Not even using XP..
Thanks given by:
By all means it looks dated and imo could easily be more user friendly, the interface doesnt fill me with confidence, i almost want to hold my breathe when the bars running across the screen whilst loading the map!

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Low battery usually bricks the ecu's when loading maps.

New Ecu time.
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Car battery or laptop battery?
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2013, 04:09 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Car battery or laptop battery?

Both will, but I think he meant laptop.

The other thing is shitty things running in the background on laptops. Best to check what's running in the task manager and kill things that aren't needed.
Thanks given by:
Both the car and laptop, I've had a car battery lose enough voltage in didnt load a file, I was lucky enough to get a new file on the 2nd time with a booster pack on.
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Pro_steve is an absolute legend! Just got back from Bristol, plugged ECU into the car, all good!! I couldn't recommend him enough, and he also confirmed that the Galleto had wiped the ECU, and just stopped there.

Also told me that I didn't upload a zip file like he's seen a few times.

Had to remove a chip, write the stage 2, and resolder.

All in all, Steve is a legend, and I know much more about ECU's and how to fix them!
Thanks given by:
well done steve
good to know steve can do this could help a few people out the poo!
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2013, 09:22 PM)Birk Wrote: Both the car and laptop, I've had a car battery lose enough voltage in didnt load a file, I was lucky enough to get a new file on the 2nd time with a booster pack on.

Ah Ok, I always leave the laptop plugged in (huge extension cable lol) but I never thought about the car battery getting too low for a map before. Will make sure I check them in future then.

Also yeah I make sure all programs are closed and Wi-Fi is switched off.

Then make sure I do nothing at all while flashing the map - no doors opened or radio changed or anything....have to try and remember to breathe though. lol
Thanks given by:
Yea always tense doing a diy remap flash, deffo need the laptop plugged in and as Tom says have nothing else on electrical on.
Thanks given by:
Where abouts in bristol is Steve? Might come in handy lol.
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I'm always sh*tting bricks when doing it.

He's in a really good location actually, literally 10 mins off the M5.

You'll get him at hdi-tuning.co.uk, I couldn't recommend this guy enough!!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Powerflexes, 3rd attempt failed already, Another design now titch 64 13,120 11-05-2014, 12:42 PM
Last Post: phil clark
  Hdi failed mot :( LewisG 2 1,277 16-03-2014, 08:31 PM
Last Post: LewisG