Project- 306 2.0 8v Turbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project- 306 2.0 8v Turbo
Thanks, no I will just leave it as it is. I would have to get another pipe made as there is no room to put flanges in.

It still has the problem of revving up to 3k once the TPS is plugged in, got an bad feeling the Ecu is shot 
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Flying the Flag for the XU10J2TE

You Tube: 832 Performance
Thanks given by:
After two days of diagnosis and serious considerations of setting light to the sodding thing, everything is pointing to the ECU.

I have managed to source another ECU, so that should be here on Monday, fingers crossed that will cure the problem.
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
Big Grin 
Ok so the Ecu arrived today, plugged it in, same fault. So happy it's not the Ecu. Managed to get hold of a decent wiring diagram, so started from the beginning. 

Turns out that the feed wire coming from the multi relay on pin 4 was broken after it splits from the manifold heater, chopped out the bad piece and soldiered a new piece in. Fired it up and she sat there burbling away at 950 rpm.  

On with the project.

Took it for a play round the yard, will upload a video later.
Thanks given by:
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
Chav lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Sounds good though lol.
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
[attachment=22891]
[attachment=undefined]
[attachment=undefined]

[attachment=22892]

Got the front bumber finished off today and is ready for painting.

Got a set of Nimrods on the advice that they would fit over my brembos, well they dont, i still have to use the 20mm spacers.

So  Brembos with 288 mm xantia discs, will not take 16inch rims without spacers, i think i could get away with 15mm spacers.

Going to have the nimrods powder coated black when funds permit.

(29-04-2015, 06:16 PM)PUGNUT_XS Wrote: [attachment=undefined]
[attachment=undefined]

Got the front bumber finished off today and is ready for painting.

Got a set of Nimrods on the advice that they would fit over my brembos, well they dont, i still have to use the 20mm spacers.

So  Brembos with 288 mm xantia discs, will not take 16inch rims without spacers, i think i could get away with 15mm spacers.

Going to have the nimrods powder coated black when funds permit.

BUMPER FFS !!!
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
For some reason i now have a banging noise coming from the passenger foot well area when you accelerate hard, Changed the gearbox mount thinking it could be that but no luck.

On a more positive note i finished off the front bumper and got that back on the car.

Its so bloody frustrating as the car is about 95% complete.

[attachment=23304]
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
Not sure ive even seen this thread before! Looks interesting enough! Will it be coming to FCS?
Thanks given by:
If I can sort the problems with it and get it mot'd and taxed then yes.
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
Looks good mate,should get plenty of air coming in with that
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Fingers crossed you get this to FCS mate. I've been following since the start, it wold be great to see it in the flesh.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(23-05-2015, 08:05 PM)Grant Wrote: Fingers crossed you get this to FCS mate. I've been following since the start, it wold be great to see it in the flesh.

This. Its a fantastic project and different to what most people do!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the comments guys.

I would love to get it to FCS so i can test it on the track, still a little way to go with it yet though.  Still a few really annoying gremlins to get rid of.

My body work skills are utter shite and the bits i have done dont look as good as they should do, but in the next year it will get a full re-spray as i have enrolled in a 2 year college course for welding and bodywork.
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
[attachment=23469]

Got the rear bumper on today, and the LH side skirt.  However the RH one as i was cutting back and polishing cracked. I have fixed it but have had to rub it back and start again Angry

Also number plate lights are not working.

Bastard thing is fighting all the way LOL.
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
Hi, only a year to see I had another msg off you about this project. Guessing you sorted the rear mount out. Looks a really good thread. Reminded me of plenty along the way with mine lol. Well done with what you have accomplished!!!!!
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2015, 10:47 PM)renault9turbo Wrote: Hi, only a year to see I had another msg off you about this project. Guessing you sorted the rear mount out. Looks a really good thread. Reminded me of plenty along the way with mine lol. Well done with what you have accomplished!!!!!

Thanks for the comments, i didnt make it to FCS as my work decided to send me to Spain for 3 weeks, not that i am moaning.

I have not done anything on the car for a month now as funds are low, i am hoping that next months pay packet will be generous and i can get rid of all the sodding niggles and gremlins, get it tax and tested and on the road.
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
Quick update. 

Bodywork all complete
Number Plate lights now working
Sump modified and turbo piping routed properly
Waxoiled the underneath
Cig lighter replaced with double USB port
HID lights installed

Still got the clonking when you accelerate hard on the LHF-god knows what this is

Bug bear now is that i sent my V5c off to the DVLA over 6 weeks ago to have the engine change amended, still no V5 yet Angry Angry Angry

Some people have said leave it, but i have it on good info that when you take you car for MOT now the emissions programme will test your car to the info that is on the DVLA, cant see me getting away with saying its a 1.8 any more Rofl
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:

Coming up on 2 years off the road, almost ready for MOT time, so looking forward to embarrassing some chav racers  Rofl

Sensibly and in line with the law  Rofl
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
Nice one, its all looking good Smile Had this dyno'd yet?
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2015, 12:03 PM)MY95 Wrote: Nice one, its all looking good Smile Had this dyno'd yet?

No not yet, going to get it on the road first then do it, I am hoping it will be over 200bhp. To be fair it's bloody quick as it is. 
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
Cool Project !
1999 306 GTI-6 PT81 & Remapping
2000 406 SRI 2.0 Turbo 6M/T @ 1 Bar Boosted

[Image: 150521115952.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Hi mate, liking the project and hope your rolling soon. I'm just re-shelling my 205 2.0 8v turbo, as you said its a great engine in my eye's but you are always going to get the haters that have never tried one...
Thanks given by: PUGNUT_XS
(14-07-2015, 05:43 PM)Dez7878 Wrote: Hi mate, liking the project and hope your rolling soon. I'm just re-shelling my 205 2.0 8v turbo, as you said its a great engine in my eye's but you are always going to get the haters that have never tried one...

Hi, i would love to see what a 205 is like with this engine in, i bet its an animal.  I totally agreed with you, so what if it has a small turbo and a 1 bar boost limit, in a 306 and especially a 205 its bloody awesome, and because its the same bttom end as the gti-6 it will take the 6 speed box, best of all its a factory built turbo engine, and although its a bit of a shit to fit, its way cheaper than turboing a gti-6.

How's the fit in a 205?
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
Hi, well it gives you a smile on your face every time you drive her... mine is fully stripped out no sound deadening etc but I am keeping the heater matrix and heater box in it this time. Had someone on another topic beating the xu10j2te down but she has eaten up evo's and 2.2 Megan civics in standard form running the 205 1.9 gti gearbox if they only knew she will only do 125mph top end it would be a different story. I'll eventually be running a 306 1.9 td gearbox this time round as the gearing is better suited to the rev range we have and allot better top end. Some people like cars with engines that like to rev and I understand that, one of my other cars is a Honda Civic Jordan 1.6 vti and they love to be revved but I still have more fun in the 205...
Your 205 looks great Dez. Not meaning to be rude mate but id highly doubt your 205 with that engine close to standard would eat up an evo (maybe he wasn't trying, maybe he was, but im a bit doubtful) They are quicker than most cars out there due to 4wd etc etc. Fair enough a megane or civic but an evo is a totally different ballgame!
Thanks given by:
(08-07-2015, 06:30 PM)PUGNUT_XS Wrote: Bug bear now is that i sent my V5c off to the DVLA over 6 weeks ago to have the engine change amended, still no V5 yet Angry Angry Angry

Some people have said leave it, but i have it on good info that when you take you car for MOT now the emissions programme will test your car to the info that is on the DVLA, cant see me getting away with saying its a 1.8 any more Rofl

From the MOT point of view it doesn't matter, as the emissions test is the same regardless whether it's a 1.8 or 2.0 turbo, namely a standard CAT emissions test.

Same tax bracket too being a pre-2001 car, so no change there either.

DVLA can be a pain when it comes to changing engine details on the V5 though and nowadays they seem to ask for various bits of documentation that you quite possibly won't have. Sometimes people have to get a little "creative" shall we say...

(15-07-2015, 07:22 AM)PUGNUT_XS Wrote: Hi, i would love to see what a 205 is like with this engine in, i bet its an animal.  I totally agreed with you, so what if it has a small turbo and a 1 bar boost limit, in a 306 and especially a 205 its bloody awesome, and because its the same bttom end as the gti-6 it will take the 6 speed box, best of all its a factory built turbo engine, and although its a bit of a shit to fit, its way cheaper than turboing a gti-6.

How's the fit in a 205?

IMO the engine is far better suited to the original donor saloons than it is a 205, but everyone has different thoughts and preferences. The lazy slab of mid-range torque works well in a heavy saloon car, but to me in a 205 whilst quick it just ends up feeling distinctly lazy and unrewarding, in much the same way as a diesel.

*dons his flame suit making that statement on here*

The bottom end isn't the same as a GTi-6 btw. The block is similar and the crank the same, but that's it off the top of my head.

6-speed 'box wouldn't be a particularly good choice for that engine either IMO - the 6-speed ratios are closely stacked and fairly short, which is ideal for an N/A 16v engine but ill-suited for a turbo engine that doesn't like to rev. Not only that, but the 6 speed internals are a fair bit weaker than the 5 speed too and they can strip cogs with standard torque levels, let alone higher.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
(15-07-2015, 03:01 PM)powerandtorque Wrote:
(08-07-2015, 06:30 PM)PUGNUT_XS Wrote: Bug bear now is that i sent my V5c off to the DVLA over 6 weeks ago to have the engine change amended, still no V5 yet Angry Angry Angry

From the MOT point of view it doesn't matter, as the emissions test is the same regardless whether it's a 1.8 or 2.0 turbo, namely a standard CAT emissions test.

Same tax bracket too being a pre-2001 car, so no change there either.

DVLA can be a pain when it comes to changing engine details on the V5 though and nowadays they seem to ask for various bits of documentation that you quite possibly won't have.  Sometimes people have to get a little "creative" shall we say...

(15-07-2015, 07:22 AM)PUGNUT_XS Wrote: Hi, i would love to see what a 205 is like with this engine in, i bet its an animal.  I totally agreed with you, so what if it has a small turbo and a 1 bar boost limit, in a 306 and especially a 205 its bloody awesome, and because its the same bttom end as the gti-6 it will take the 6 speed box, best of all its a factory built turbo engine, and although its a bit of a shit to fit, its way cheaper than turboing a gti-6.

How's the fit in a 205?

IMO the engine is far better suited to the original donor saloons than it is a 205, but everyone has different thoughts and preferences.  The lazy slab of mid-range torque works well in a heavy saloon car, but to me in a 205 whilst quick it just ends up feeling distinctly lazy and unrewarding, in much the same way as a diesel.

*dons his flame suit making that statement on here*

The bottom end isn't the same as a GTi-6 btw.  The block is similar and the crank the same, but that's it off the top of my head.

6-speed 'box wouldn't be a particularly good choice for that engine either IMO - the 6-speed ratios are closely stacked and fairly short, which is ideal for an N/A 16v engine but ill-suited for a turbo engine that doesn't like to rev.  Not only that, but the 6 speed internals are a fair bit weaker than the 5 speed too and they can strip cogs with standard torque levels, let alone higher.

Ok you have your opinion, at the end of the day, its my car, and i am more than happy with it and the performance of the engine and gearing. I have completed all the work myself with only the wiring loom being made by Matt at PUG1OFF, the cat being custom made, and the bulkhead welding.

Its not a lazy and unrewarding drive by far, especially running 15psi of boost.

The block is the same, i have a GTI-6 engine stripped and compared them.

The BE3 is limit is around 220 BHP and i have that on good authority

And best of all its different

1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
Today I got the washers plumbed in, got a kit off eBay for £7, the Peugeot washer pump fits a treat too and the bottle is the perfect size.

Ordered a pair of rallye fog light blanks from Peugeot, having to loose the front fogs because of the boost pipes. 

Not long now  Inlove
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
Hi mate, looking nice in the engine bay. Amazing what a couple of shiny things can do to make an engine bay pop. Take no notice of powerandtorque if you ask me he has never tried one before and probably read it off the internet and is following suit...

(15-07-2015, 12:19 PM)MY95 Wrote: Your 205 looks great Dez. Not meaning to be rude mate but id highly doubt your 205 with that engine close to standard would eat up an evo (maybe he wasn't trying, maybe he was, but im a bit doubtful) They are quicker than most cars out there due to 4wd etc etc. Fair enough a megane or civic but an evo is a totally different ballgame!

Hi mate, thanks that's much appreciated. No offence taken, It was a base model no fq... As for 4x4 it only makes a real difference when its a standing start and I'm talking from experience,there not quicker than most cars, weight to power has a big part to play and I did say if he had not given up I would have been in trouble a top end...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DeeC’s 306 VNT Turbo Build / Show Car Project darrencurry0808 63 23,171 30-12-2020, 01:45 PM
Last Post: darrencurry0808
  Project Truck Turbo MkII, gathering dust ozonehostile 418 188,209 29-08-2019, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Dturboleeds
  306 XND to D-turbo track car project Sfin01 0 1,762 01-01-2019, 02:10 AM
Last Post: Sfin01