By-passing Heater Matrix

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
By-passing Heater Matrix
My heater matrix has given up on me :o , so I need to bypass it for now.

Does anyone have any suggestions (possibly pics?) on the best way to do this?

Thanks in advance
Thanks given by:
2 hoses infront of the driver under the bonnet connected in one clip into the bulkhead, cut both hoses and then join them together, this will bypass the matrix Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Try to bung them / kink the bypass so it dosnt get much flow, or else itl overheat if you rag it, by joining them you effectivly introducing a 25mm radiator bypass pipe Tongue
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:2 hoses infront of the driver under the bonnet connected in one clip into the bulkhead, cut both hoses and then join them together, this will bypass the matrix Smile

Cheers Mark, not looking forward to changing it, so I'm going to make do without heat for a while lol
Thanks given by:
dc dturbo Wrote:
mark_airey Wrote:2 hoses infront of the driver under the bonnet connected in one clip into the bulkhead, cut both hoses and then join them together, this will bypass the matrix Smile

Cheers Mark, not looking forward to changing it, so I'm going to make do without heat for a while lol

This is a lot worse that you could ever possibly imagine!
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
n0v0s Wrote:This is a lot worse that you could ever possibly imagine!

Its not ideal, I know, but it's a case of no time/money at the moment Doh
Thanks given by:
Ive got no blowers and nothing from the heater matrix Undecided its terrible!
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If you do bypass it make sure to rebleed it when car is hot or as Darren said you will create a big bypass but as long as its bled properly then shouldn't be a prob but it Is easier to lock either end
M6 bolt with a small jubilee either end is what I done
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nah, the heater matrix causes a restriction on the pipes, on the water distribution thing on the back of the block, there's nothing to stop it all going through the heater matrix pipes, if you allow those to be free flowing (i.e. bypass the matrix) it'll all flow from from the head straight down to the water distro block and straight through the engine again, with nothing forcing it through the radiator if the thermostat is open.

Hence why you've got to block it off, rather than bypass.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
ah right i always thought if you fill the system and bleed it correctly it would just fill all the waterways!

i blocked mine but didnt think there was owt wrong with a bypass
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Fe-king hated doing my Matrix. Was a good learning experience though.

Shame I couldn't man up and do the Bosch!

Darren and Ruan will vouch for how retarded I am, if I can do it you can! Tongue
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
just bypassed the misses 306 heater matrix now it overheats within minutes but cold water in radiator ne ideas please
Thanks given by:
ray Wrote:just bypassed the misses 306 heater matrix now it overheats within minutes but cold water in radiator ne ideas please

Have you blocked off the heater matrix pipes or linked them together and did you re-bleed the cooling system after you had done this?
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Ray this is your answer Wink

Ruan Wrote:Nah, the heater matrix causes a restriction on the pipes, on the water distribution thing on the back of the block, there's nothing to stop it all going through the heater matrix pipes, if you allow those to be free flowing (i.e. bypass the matrix) it'll all flow from from the head straight down to the water distro block and straight through the engine again, with nothing forcing it through the radiator if the thermostat is open.

[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Matt Wrote:Ray this is your answer Wink

Ruan Wrote:Nah, the heater matrix causes a restriction on the pipes, on the water distribution thing on the back of the block, there's nothing to stop it all going through the heater matrix pipes, if you allow those to be free flowing (i.e. bypass the matrix) it'll all flow from from the head straight down to the water distro block and straight through the engine again, with nothing forcing it through the radiator if the thermostat is open.

Hence my above question and the other posts in this thread Matt lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:Hence my above question and the other posts in this thread Matt lol

Other posts on the thread are not directed at ray though Tongue
Thanks given by:
Matt Wrote:
mark_airey Wrote:Hence my above question and the other posts in this thread Matt lol

Other posts on the thread are not directed at ray though Tongue

True that, clearly they apply though, which is probably why you quoted one of them yes?? :dance:
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Face palm. I give up haha
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  12s yoke passing explanation 8s on xud11ate engine niciou 10 4,261 28-02-2016, 09:41 PM
Last Post: 205dtub
  96 Dt Heater Matrix pipes KilianManning 3 1,859 30-01-2016, 10:21 PM
Last Post: KilianManning
  Heater matrix help no heat :-( pioneer DJ paddy 6 2,018 24-11-2015, 09:56 AM
Last Post: Mattcheese31