Refurb bosch injector tips/quistions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Refurb bosch injector tips/quistions
Hi i am going to refurb mine bosch injectors is there any ting i need to look on
before disamble the injectors? take off the engine? i have already new o rings/shims.
I do not wish to destroy them before asking here it would be smart i think Smile
I was thinking about marking the line on injectors to the engine when taking off and give them numbers 1 2 3 4 so that they go back the same way.
Any tips would be great thank you Smile

Regards Norway
[Image: 62941977.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Are you able to pressure test them afterwards?

If you can't pop test them then there's really no point in disassembling with new shims/seals. Are you putting in new nozzles also - that's the only time I'd take injectors apart is if you're replacing the nozzles.

The shims massively affect the breaking pressure - so unless they're a significant problem, I'd leave them alone!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Ah ok then thanks for info!
I was thinking to take them off and then take them to a local garage to have them tested, becouse when i start the engine it has a quit rough start but after that it runs fine, i was quessing the injectors a dirty and the only way to clean them are refurb them.
I was reading on a other forum to make a homemade injector pop tester
http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/gene...ester.html

Becouse a new one cost 100/150 pound and that is very expensive Big Grin

I might tray build one hehe Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Rough starts then running fine usually point toward a duff or on its way out glow plug :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I just changed the glow plugs Smile but it might be timing on the pump or the hose lda to intercooler becouse there is some slack on it and when i use primer i can hear a hissss sound where that comes from i do not know :S
Thanks given by:
On the subject of injectors, are the Xantia/406 (semi-ECU bosched) ones indentical to ZX/306 ones? Are they better, worse, the same?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bosch Injector Question PartyJas 2 1,259 08-08-2014, 01:14 PM
Last Post: PartyJas
  What Bosch lines go to what injector Danny2009 10 2,627 08-11-2013, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Danny2009
  bosch injector silver washer adamm306 13 3,506 01-10-2013, 03:49 PM
Last Post: zx_volcane