306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Refurb bosch injector tips/quistions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi i am going to refurb mine bosch injectors is there any ting i need to look on
before disamble the injectors? take off the engine? i have already new o rings/shims.
I do not wish to destroy them before asking here it would be smart i think Smile
I was thinking about marking the line on injectors to the engine when taking off and give them numbers 1 2 3 4 so that they go back the same way.
Any tips would be great thank you Smile

Regards Norway
Are you able to pressure test them afterwards?

If you can't pop test them then there's really no point in disassembling with new shims/seals. Are you putting in new nozzles also - that's the only time I'd take injectors apart is if you're replacing the nozzles.

The shims massively affect the breaking pressure - so unless they're a significant problem, I'd leave them alone!
Ah ok then thanks for info!
I was thinking to take them off and then take them to a local garage to have them tested, becouse when i start the engine it has a quit rough start but after that it runs fine, i was quessing the injectors a dirty and the only way to clean them are refurb them.
I was reading on a other forum to make a homemade injector pop tester
http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/gene...ester.html

Becouse a new one cost 100/150 pound and that is very expensive Big Grin

I might tray build one hehe Big Grin
Rough starts then running fine usually point toward a duff or on its way out glow plug :-)
I just changed the glow plugs Smile but it might be timing on the pump or the hose lda to intercooler becouse there is some slack on it and when i use primer i can hear a hissss sound where that comes from i do not know :S
On the subject of injectors, are the Xantia/406 (semi-ECU bosched) ones indentical to ZX/306 ones? Are they better, worse, the same?