Fail.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fail.
Thumbs Down 
The HDi failed its MOT today, as expected:

[Image: IMAG0333_zpsb3376d7e.jpg]

So I can confirm an airbag light is now a fail, thanks to Cully that shouldn't be too much of an issue though.

Other questions:

1. Who/where can I get a set of braided brake lines from, and what's the going rate?

2. Where can I get TRE balljoints, what brand do you guys recommend?

3. As it's so close to passing, can I just tighten the handbrake from the cabin while I'm fiddling with the airbag ECU, or do I have to do it at the rear calipers?

Also, do we think it's feasible to get everything by Friday morning, as the garage closes at the weekend, and I need to drive back to Brum on Sunday?
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
TRE balljoint? Its just a track rod end.
They have a balljoint on the end where it attaches to the hub.

Brake lines try ebay, im sure someone was saying they do kits pretty cheap.
Other than that theres someone on here that can supply them iirc.

You might get away with tightening the cable if its not far of.
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Swampy on here does braided lines. I got a full kit for £48 delivered
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Yeah I thought it was just a TRE, just reading the fail sheet Tongue

And was that front and rear Dan, as I only want fronts.
Thanks given by:
Should of gone to Jamie zamboonies :/

I have a nearly new track rod end if you need one
Thanks given by:
TRE's, I'd recommend Lemforder, you can get em from ECP for about £12 iirc...

I got Goodridge braided lines from http://www.brakes4u.co.uk/supersearch.as...8982&won=1
You're better off going to Swampy though, his are cheaper! Sure I didn't pay as much as that site are now selling them for!!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Tres from ECP as said.

Braided lines...you'll struggle to get those before Friday imo. Could get some normal ones at Ecp though.

Handbrake....err, you can't tighten it at the calipers not like drums, just adjust at the lever inside....either that it new cables if the others have stretched.
Thanks given by:
yeah...or maybe service the calipers too?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I'm guessing the TREs are the same both sides? Might as well do the pair while I'm at it, which means I can't really afford lemforders (unless they really are worth the extra £5 per side?).

Wonkey I always go to PAC as they're really thorough, means my car is 100% okay after the MOT and is more likely to make it 12 months without dying lol I may take you up on that TRE though, what do you want for it?

I've pm'd swampy, hopefully he'll get back to me, I cba to fit the lines myself so they'll be getting done at the garage anyway, and as such only need to be here by friday afternoon.

Anybody got a phone number for swampy? Going to put a next day delivery order in with ECP and need to know whether or not to add brake lines to that order :/
Thanks given by:
Meh, if you're strapped for cash I'm assuming the alternative is Q-part? Just bung em on Smile Make sure you get the car tracked after fitting though!!
Thanks given by:
Q-Drive or Ocap, yeah.
Thanks given by:
Definitely dont go for Q-Drive! Buy cheap buy twice definitely applies to Q drive parts lol. Can't say I've had anything 'Ocap' though.

Don't forget you'll need to add ~£30 to have the tracking done after the TRE's are changed as well....
Thanks given by:
Tbh tracking isnt essential. You can count off threads on the old one and count them on on the new and it will be as near as perfect as to what it was before.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I've changed several TREs and despite counting and measuring, they never were perfect....plus you're old ones are probably out now anyway.

Its worth it in the long run to save killing tyres though.
Thanks given by:
(03-04-2013, 06:15 PM)Niall Wrote: Tbh tracking isnt essential. You can count off threads on the old one and count them on on the new and it will be as near as perfect as to what it was before.

Load of bollocks, different TREs have a different amount threads, changed mine the other week and the new ones had more threads
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(03-04-2013, 06:45 PM)Connor Wrote:
(03-04-2013, 06:15 PM)Niall Wrote: Tbh tracking isnt essential. You can count off threads on the old one and count them on on the new and it will be as near as perfect as to what it was before.

Load of bollocks, different TREs have a different amount threads, changed mine the other week and the new ones had more threads

Well yeah that is assuming they are the same length but how long does it take to check they are the same length? If there the same length, its not like they will have different amounts of threads is it?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Yeah you realise straight away, but it throws the thread count straight out the window lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
thats not a bad fail!
Thanks given by:
(03-04-2013, 07:01 PM)Connor Wrote: Yeah you realise straight away, but it throws the thread count straight out the window lol

Not if before you take the old ones off, you count the threads from the joint back!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
But your old ones were probably already out anyway...every car I've bought has needed the tracking done lol.

And as said, even if you do measure/count its not always accurate.....specially if you aren't concentrating and end up turning the track rod with the TRE...did that on the NAD lol, steering was properly weird with tracking about 2cm out! lol
Thanks given by:
Yeah but you always buy shit heap cars tom!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Well I can't argue there....but its even the ones I don't buy as well lol.....the tracking on Rowells estate was (and still is) miles off.... Confused

I dunno how people don't notice the tyre wear or the wheel vibration! Confused
Thanks given by:
Well I no longer give a shit about the TRE's, as my airbag fix hasn't worked. Cock.

Ideas on a postcard?
Thanks given by:
^^ 6 x resistors from Cully, job jobbed Smile xx
Thanks given by:
Keep up Ed, that's what I'm doing!
Thanks given by:
.depending on he fault you may need to reset the airbag ecu and I might go away
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
(04-04-2013, 09:50 PM)Fooby Wrote: .depending on he fault you may need to reset the airbag ecu and I might go away

And how do you reset it Fooby?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(04-04-2013, 09:51 PM)Niall Wrote:
(04-04-2013, 09:50 PM)Fooby Wrote: .depending on he fault you may need to reset the airbag ecu and I might go away

And how do you reset it Fooby?

lol

his airbag fault is not that simple 6 resistors probably wont fix it
but i might be wrong
Thanks given by:
Kez you can have it for half the price of a new one? As it's only a few weeks old
Thanks given by:
(03-04-2013, 07:11 PM)Niall Wrote: Not if before you take the old ones off, you count the threads from the joint back!

But they're not all threaded the same distance from the joint....and the threads aren't orientated the same either....measuring will get you close enough not to worry about it but counting threads is usually a bit of a red herring.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by: